more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (27/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 27, 2011, 06:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

SENDEROS TARGETS FULHAM RETURN

Philippe Senderos is hoping to force his way into the Fulham first-team after coming through the latest frustrating injury problem to strike him during his time at Craven Cottage.

Senderos signed for Fulham in June 2010, but had to wait 11 months to make his debut after rupturing his Achilles tendon in training.

The Switzerland defender then went on to win a place in the first team under new manager Martin Jol this season, but he suffered another injury - to his thigh - in September, leaving him out of action for a month.

Jol has chosen between Brede Hangeland, Aaron Hughes and Chris Baird at centre-back in Senderos' absence, but the former Arsenal man is now fully fit and determined to put his despair behind him by winning back a place in the first team.

"I think it's important to not dwell too much on what has happened in the past - I like to think that the injury is behind me now," Senderos told Fulham's website.

"Of course, it was a frustrating period because I missed the majority of my first season at Fulham.

"(But) I'm feeling good and I'm looking forward to the coming weeks. I've missed a lot of football and I need to establish myself again.

"I know the challenge that I face because the partnership between Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes is very strong.

"They are two of the best around and have done much for the success of this club in recent years, but that's what I have to do and I'm confident in my ability as a defender.

"When the chance comes to show what I can do I have to make sure that I take the opportunity.

"I just want to help make a difference and get a regular run of games under my belt."

Despite his injury troubles at Craven Cottage, Senderos does not regret joining Fulham, a club he thinks has a bright future despite their worrying start to the season which has seen them drop to 17th after just one win in nine.

"Joining Fulham was an easy choice, despite having other options," said Senderos, who could play in Saturday's game at Wigan.

"This is a great club, with great players, great staff and great prospects - when you put those factors together you can see that this team is capable of achieving big things.

"Ambition is massive to me, and Fulham have that. They've enjoyed some of their best seasons in recent years and I want to be part of its future success."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/25/SOCCER_Fulham.html

WhiteJC

Jol: Zamora will bounce back

Fulham manager Martin Jol does not expect Bobby Zamora to dwell too long on his shocking miss against Everton last weekend, and has backed the striker to return stronger than before.

Zamora missed a sitter when the scores were still locked at 1-1, with the Toffees eventually going on to record a 3-1 victory at Craven Cottage.

However, Jol is confident the England international will quickly move past the incident and shift his focus to this weekend's tie against Wigan.

"He knows it is probably not the first time," said the Dutchman. "He is a striker, so he will miss chances in the future.

"Anybody else up front will miss chances, and even from midfield. So I couldn't see any difference (in Zamora)."

Meanwhile, the Cottagers boss also made special mention of £10.6million summer signing Bryan Ruiz, who opened his account for the London outfit by scoring their only goal in Sunday's defeat.

Jol added: "I feel it is a sign for anybody else, the media, the fans, that he is capable of scoring that sort of goal.

"But I knew. That is why we got him over here because he has got that extra talent of setting up goals and scoring goals."

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_7269055,00.html?

WhiteJC

Christmas Party Ideas
Craven Cottage is the perfect venue for you to add a touch of nostalgia to the 2011 festive season. Allow us to create a memorable occasion for you and your guests as you celebrate Christmas this year. Take your pick from the broad range of options we have available.

A Whites Christmas

Hire of Haynes Place, located adjacent to the Johnny Haynes Statue
Welcome drink on arrival
Two-course luxury finger buffet
iPod/PA system with selected party music
Christmas decorations and crackers

£28 per person (+VAT)

Cottage Christmas

Exclusive Riverside Lounge hire
Welcome drink on arrival
Sumptuous bowl food or two course buffet
DJ provided for your party

£40 per person (+VAT)

Premium Christmas

Exclusive Riverside Lounge hire
Three-course Christmas dinner
Complimentary wine and water
DJ provided for your party

£45 per person (+VAT)

For further information and to make your booking please call Zoe Douglas on 020 7384 4777, email [email protected] or complete the form below to arrange a call back.

Places are subject to availability and minimum numbers

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Hospitality/ConferenceFunctionRooms/VenueHire/Christmas.aspx#ixzz1bzuJGaKQ

WhiteJC

Johnson in Fulham contract wrangle

Fulham manager Martin Jol admits the length of contract is the stumbling block in their negotiations with Andrew Johnson as they look to agree an extended deal with the striker.

The 30-year-old has looked sharp for the Cottagers this season, scoring a hat-trick against QPR and six goals in the Europa League. Johnson's current contract runs out of the end of the season and his future has been the subject of much debate, with QPR amongst those linked as possible destinations.

Jol said: "We will talk to him again. I talk to him every day and tell him what the difference is between one-and-a-half [until the end of the 2012/13 season] and two years [until the end of 2013/14] but he doesn't agree. He wants this year and another two years which is what we're arguing about."

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/johnson-in-fulham-contract-wrangle-2919452.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss calls for positive response from Zamora

Martin Jol has called on Fulham striker Bobby Zamora to react positively after missing a gilt-edged scoring chance last week.

The 30-year old was unlucky when hitting the post after rounding Everton keeper Tim Howard late in the match when it was 1-1 only for the Cottagers to fall 3-1 after two very late goals from the visiting Toffees.

Jol understands that these things occur with goalscorers but just wants Zamora to put things right against Wigan Athletic on the weekend.

"He knows it is probably not the first time," said Jol. "He is a striker, so he will miss chances in the future.

"Anybody else up front will miss chances, and even from midfield. So I couldn't see any difference (in Zamora)."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-boss-calls-positive-response-zamora-2012591?utm_source=feed_newsnow

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL: FULHAM ARE AMBITIOUS

Martin Jol has joined Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed in dismissing former manager Mark Hughes' claim the club lack ambition.

The Dutchman took the helm at Craven Cottage in the summer to fill the void left by former Manchester City boss Hughes, who said this week he left the club due to its lack of ambition.

The comments were met by a swift and scathing rebuttal by chairman Al Fayed in an open letter, which labelled the Welshman a "strange man" and a "flop".

While Jol did not comment on his predecessor this afternoon, he quickly dismissed the notion Fulham lacked the desire to press forward.

"The only thing was that Mark said the club was not ambitions and [Al Fayed] wanted to make the point that he was very ambitious and we were very ambitious," he said.

"I think he is very ambitious and I feel we are so for me that is no problem, but that was Mark Hughes.

"If he felt that was true then that is his opinion but the truth is always [somewhere] in the middle.

"[That said], it is not an opinion I support. He [Al Fayed] has supported us with the things we do.

"I can't even say most of the time as it is all of the time that he tries to do something.

"With Bryan Ruiz, even though it was probably not [the transfer fee] people think, he still spent a lot of money.

"Even if you pay it in instalments it is a lot of money and he backed us to do well.

"I think, especially in that sort of department, he shows his ambition all the time."

The Cottagers have started the season slowly but Al Fayed has backed Jol, describing him in his letter as a "top manager" and the man they always wanted.

The start echoes the one they made under Hughes as the Cottagers struggled until the new year last season, when they kicked on to finish eighth.

"They backed him as well, even when things were not going well," Jol said.

"The second half of the season was good, [although it helped that] they had a luxury of not being in all the cups.

"We play in Europe and then the FA Cup, hopefully to the end, after Christmas so we have to cope with that sort of thing.

"Until now the reactions of the chairman have generally been positive because he knows what I am doing and what I have to do here.

"I can tell you that you have to do a few things to make that squad better and try to improve the quality of the team and the players."

Fulham currently lie 17th in the table and have just one league win to their name.

Next up is Saturday's clash with fellow strugglers Wigan but Jol could be without two defensive regulars.

Aaron Hughes has been ruled out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury, while Philippe Senderos will have a thigh complaint assessed tomorrow.

"We've got injury with Aaron Hughes," he said.

"I feel it is because of the an old injury as he has a thigh problem and before that it was his groin.

"It is the same area so he came on [against Everton], never touched the ball and got injured again.

"I think it could be a couple of weeks.

"We have got Senderos as a doubt after leaving training today with a thigh [problem] as well.

"Senderos was fit again, played against Millwall with a few other guys from the first-team and did well.

"We have to make an assessment tomorrow morning.

"Simon Davies, of course, is still recovering and will probably be fit for the end of November, while Orlando Sa has a hamstring injury from the match at Wisla Krakow."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/27/SOCCER_Fulham_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165