watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...snow storm in massachusetts....brrrr

Started by jarv, October 31, 2011, 08:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Power just came back on. My hands are almost too cold to type. Massive storm, 3 days with no power. Therefore no heat, hot water, light, internet, phone etc etc.
It is all a bit like my youth back in the west of Scotland.  First stop FoF, now I must find out Sunday's results. :005:

Tom

Nice here on the west coast in San Diego. I think it is 85 degrees outside right now.
Fulham for life!

cutbushcitylimits

Seen it on the news over here .....hope all is safe.

We have had what feels like a year of rain in Ireland....Depressing shite!

finnster01

They say that as many as 1000 trees in Central Park here in NY will be dead because of that storm. They say they won't be able to recover. Nasty stuff that was and in October!!. Losing power is no fun Mr Jarv, hope everything is back to normal. Wasn't bad here in the city electricity wise, but the suburbs got hit again as usual.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

Unusually mild here in blighty 13-15 during the last few nights.Chin up Jarv
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on October 31, 2011, 08:56:08 PM
Nice here on the west coast in San Diego. I think it is 85 degrees outside right now.

Tom, must not pick on the Brits or the East Coasters. The weather is ALWAYS perfect in San Diego.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: HatterDon on October 31, 2011, 10:02:25 PM

Tom, must not pick on the Brits or the East Coasters. The weather is ALWAYS perfect in San Diego.
I know, best in the world. That is one of the reasons I love it here.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Mr_Moon

For all you yanks...Is is always -5c in Pittsburgh? I swear whenever I watch them at home in the football (nfl) they are all wrapped up.

sipwell

I hope not there is not too much damage to your house.

I must say that the weather in Belgium is weird: it is warmer now than it was during Summer. I will repeat that for good notice: it is warmer November 1st than it was during July.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

Quote from: Tom on October 31, 2011, 10:12:01 PM

I'm jealous... Have been to San Diego twice for sales kick-offs in our winter and the weather has been perfect each time.

Crazy airport though. If the pilot sneezes coming in to land, the plane will wipe out half the city.

Burt

Oh, and all the best Mr Jarv, it couldn't have been fun having that sort of weather and the power cut must have been hard work. Welcome back!!

Tom

Quote from: Burt on November 01, 2011, 09:37:58 AM
Quote from: Tom on October 31, 2011, 10:12:01 PM

I'm jealous... Have been to San Diego twice for sales kick-offs in our winter and the weather has been perfect each time.

Crazy airport though. If the pilot sneezes coming in to land, the plane will wipe out half the city.
You are right about the airport Burt. If people don't know, you land after coming in over downtown.
Fulham for life!