watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

transfer budget

Started by L-Wizzy, November 01, 2011, 09:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Wizzy

I think Martin Jol has more money to spend then what people think because we got Ruiz for 10.6, then we had a bid for Wout Brama blocked on deadline day witch must have been 4 mil plus for a player of his standard, we also had a bid for eljero elia turned down and he went to Juventus for 9 million euros,

I defo think we should fo back in for Brama his a Murphy type player and a dutch international.
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

AlFayedsChequebook

Would not surprise me if we spent £10m on some young midfielders in Jan and got  Gignac on loan too. January could see lots of departures and new faces coming in, especially if results and performances do not improve

Although it would also not surprise me if we stood pat and did nothing.

White Noise

Jol said two or three days ago that he is going to bring more players in shortly.

They must have a system that gives approximate market value for players as assets that can be laid against what was spent on the players. I think Jol's purchases will stand up pretty well and that MAF will back him in January.

Burt

I think that we will also get some funds from selling on some players. I can see a bit of a turf-out happening in January so Jol has more of a free hand.

aussierod

Plus, getting rid of players like Duff and Johnson (the 2 most likely exits) would free up quite a lot on the wage bill in comparision to the younger players we'll be bringing in
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: aussierod on November 01, 2011, 09:27:08 AM
Plus, getting rid of players like Duff and Johnson (the 2 most likely exits) would free up quite a lot on the wage bill in comparision to the younger players we'll be bringing in

AJ's contract must have been a bit of an albatross over the last few seasons.

The added thing with AJ's ongoing contract negotiations is that he will not be wanting to take a big pay-cut to stay at Fulham.

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 01, 2011, 10:38:45 AM
Quote from: aussierod on November 01, 2011, 09:27:08 AM

AJ's contract must have been a bit of an albatross over the last few seasons.

The added thing with AJ's ongoing contract negotiations is that he will not be wanting to take a big pay-cut to stay at Fulham.
The thing is you can offer a paycut in a new contract, but under the rules that then allows the player to leave for nothing as you have not offered existing terms to his contract in relation to payment.
The player can of course accept it but lets be honest how many players take a pay cut and stay at a club.
he must be on a large contract and I would never give him the two year extension he wants. End of 2013 season would be the max I would offer but then again I would then try and flog him in Jan or next summer if he signed.

aussierod

What do you mean he can leave for nothing? At the end of his contract (as per the Bosman ruling) or once the lesser contract offer has been made? Seems a bit odd but maybe I've misread your post

With AJ, he is limited as he wants to stay in London and ideally in the EPL, so its either us or QPR. They will be willing to throw stupid money away as they look to establish themselves, and given that we could only command a small fee due to his contract running down, he will be a bargain for them transfer fee wise. That being said, I think we will be better off without him on the wage bill as realistically, he does not fit into our future, both in terms of age and also effectiveness in fitting into our formations. If Zamora was rested for any of the Europa/FA Cup games, I'd actually like to see how AJ would go up front on his own, with the 3 supporting midfielders being Ruiz, Dembele and Dempsey (obviously not the first due in the Europa League due to eligibility and suspension). I say this as wasn't he played as a sole striker when at Palace? If so, he was highly effective there (even if half his goals were penalties).

I just think Johnson does not fit into our future plans and although that is disappointing for him as he always gives his all and is a decent player, we will move on and his replacement will be younger, hungrier and most likely much more technically gifted. Johnson still has 2 years left in him, I just think he is no longer suited to the new Fulham
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

MJG

Quote from: aussierod on November 01, 2011, 01:56:29 PM
What do you mean he can leave for nothing? At the end of his contract (as per the Bosman ruling) or once the lesser contract offer has been made? Seems a bit odd but maybe I’ve misread your post

With AJ, he is limited as he wants to stay in London and ideally in the EPL, so its either us or QPR. They will be willing to throw stupid money away as they look to establish themselves, and given that we could only command a small fee due to his contract running down, he will be a bargain for them transfer fee wise. That being said, I think we will be better off without him on the wage bill as realistically, he does not fit into our future, both in terms of age and also effectiveness in fitting into our formations. If Zamora was rested for any of the Europa/FA Cup games, I’d actually like to see how AJ would go up front on his own, with the 3 supporting midfielders being Ruiz, Dembele and Dempsey (obviously not the first due in the Europa League due to eligibility and suspension). I say this as wasn’t he played as a sole striker when at Palace? If so, he was highly effective there (even if half his goals were penalties).

I just think Johnson does not fit into our future plans and although that is disappointing for him as he always gives his all and is a decent player, we will move on and his replacement will be younger, hungrier and most likely much more technically gifted. Johnson still has 2 years left in him, I just think he is no longer suited to the new Fulham

Here are the rules regarding a players contract and end of :

(ii) There shall be no right to a compensation or transfer fee by the previous Club of
a Player who has attained the age of 24 years on or before 30th June and whose
contract with that Club has expired. If a Club wishes to offer re-engagement to a
Player or exercise an option contained in the agreement the following practice
shall prevail.
(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last competitive
Match of the Club's first team, whichever is the later, the Club must give notice in
writing to the Player indicating that either the Club offers a re-engagement or, if
appropriate, exercises any option contained in the agreement.
(iv) If the notice offers re-engagement it must specify the period which the Club is
prepared to agree and the terms and conditions to apply, which must be the same
or not less favourable overall than those which applied during the initial period of
employment – or the option period (if applicable).
(v) The Player must notify in writing the Club holding the registration within 28 days
of receipt of the said notice whether or not the offer of re-engagement is
accepted.
(vi) If the offer is rejected the Player is immediately free to negotiate with another
Club.
(vii) If the Player does not reply in writing to the offer of re-engagement then at the
expiry of a period of 28 days, the Player is free to negotiate with another Club.
(viii) In either of the instances as set out in Rules C1(j)(vi) and (vii) above, the Club
holding the Player's registration has the right to receive compensation. The
Player's registration for the new Club will not be accepted until such time as the
Club has confirmed in writing to The Association that it will negotiate a
compensation fee with the former Club failing which it will abide by any decision
taken by an appeal committee comprising those persons pursuant to Rule
C1(j)(xii) (a "League Appeals Committee").
(ix) An existing agreement shall continue and have full force and effect between the
parties on the terms and conditions as those pertaining prior to the expiration of
the initial period of employment, or the option period if appropriate, and the
Player will continue to train and play as instructed by the Club until 31st August,
or the date on which the Player registers for another Club, whichever is the
sooner.

---
So if you offer a player a worse contract they can leave and take their registration with them.
If you offer exactly the same contract you get to keep the players registration and if he wants to leave you can try to get a fee.

HatterDon

I think he's looking to transfer Dempsey. I believe his recent praise of Our Clint is specifically designed to raise his transfer value.   086.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on November 01, 2011, 03:13:08 PM
I think he's looking to transfer Dempsey. I believe his recent praise of Our Clint is specifically designed to raise his transfer value.   086.gif
I would say Dempsey is the player we would value price wise more than anyone else.he has to be £10-12M plus
After him you could have Hangeland and Zamora.

bigalffc

Given recent events I would have thought he would be cashing in on BZ and Murph 086.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I do believe we are secretly minted. We have more money in Al Fayed than Spurs do in Levy. The money is there to be spent and I believe it will take a trust between MAF and the manager to bring it out. We all know that Jol is the man Al Fayed wanted and is the man Al Fayed will back with the cash.

Jol is a loyal man, he won't leave Fulham unless something is really majorly wrong in the club which is something we haven't really suffered from. Al Fayed is also a loyal chairman, and loves this club. I think this relationship bodes well for Fulham FC in the next 5 years. Money will be spent, the club will slowly grow, similar to the way that Spurs did under Jol, they got better players under Jol and were put into Europe on this. Our fanbase will grow the better we get, many people are glory hunters like that.

Just putting it out there; Would Fulham FC consider a move for Beckham? Al Fayed's a clever man, shown by his placement of the MJ statue, it is inside the ground so you have to buy a match ticket or go on a Stadium tour to see it. Beckham would give Fulham an instant fan increase and merchandise (Shirts etc) would go through the roof, it would be a wise move and I wonder if it's a move that has been spoke about.