https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal celebrations

Started by BalDrick, November 01, 2011, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Of course, this is the greatest goal celebration of all time. What would we do without the Georgians?

Ketsbaia celebration

Mitch

Still, to them at least, I guess it's a bit of a laugh. No?

BalDrick

Quote from: Airfix on November 01, 2011, 04:45:22 PM
Now THIS is a celebration!

http://www.voetbalgoal.com/6828-Goal__Atletico_Madrid___Fulham_1_1_Davies-filmpjes.html

Yes it is, because it's just sheer joy at having scored, not some pretty boy poser choreographed balls.

This is pretty cool - Fulham 1-1 Hamburg Davies Superb goal!

AlFayedsChequebook

TWFL

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 01, 2011, 05:01:37 PM
This

If you want a passionate celebration that is the one. A brilliant moment.

CorkedHat

When Dennis Law scored the goal for Manchester City against Manchester United that virtually relegated his former team he refused to celebrate. He shoved would be celebrants away and walked back to the kick off with his head bowed
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jack Fulham

rhyspabsolom

I don't mind Deuce's beer (because it means we've scored) or Kamara's crazy ear and stuff like that that doesn't take much effort.
It's when you have to stop everyone from touching you to do your stupid dance that I get annoyed. I think the Arsenal full-back did it at the weekend?
(Speaking of which, RVP has denied any accusations of his salute being nazi by saying they're ridiculous and insulting).

My favourite is the last goal of this:
Portugal 5-3 Korea del Norte (Inglaterra 1966)
(At 5mins)

Good game too, a masterclass and 4 goals from Eusebio.

The Bronsons

Quote from: TWFL on November 01, 2011, 05:45:23 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 01, 2011, 05:01:37 PM
This

If you want a passionate celebration that is the one. A brilliant moment.

Tears in my eyes every time I see this picture. What a sad old git memory.

BalDrick

'What a memory.'

Indeed. Was telling someone about the Stand Up If You Still Believe the other day, had tears in my eyes telling the story.

jarv

I agree with Mr. Hatter, contrived celebrations get up my nose. Nothing wrong with a good old bit of passion. I used to like Emlyn Hughes when he scored. Ran back waving his arms in the air with a big grin. He was enjoying himself. The Gera pic. is great, again, genuine passionate moment.

The girls high school team I coach, whenever a goal is scored, the whole team rushes to the scorer. It's actually common in girls "soccer" and quite a nice moment. However, although we have only lost 2 games this season, scoring is a bit rare (well, it is with my team) which adds to the excitement :005:

For the record, lost 2 (1-0), one draw (0-0) and 7 wins...6 were 1-0, one was 2-1 and, not sure how, but the other win was 3-0. To be honest, one penalty and one own goal in that game. 098.gif

jarv

sorry, did the maths wrong, 5 games were 1-0.

MJG

BalDrick

Quote from: jarv on November 02, 2011, 02:19:43 PM
I agree with Mr. Hatter, contrived celebrations get up my nose. Nothing wrong with a good old bit of passion. I used to like Emlyn Hughes when he scored. Ran back waving his arms in the air with a big grin. He was enjoying himself. The Gera pic. is great, again, genuine passionate moment.

The girls high school team I coach, whenever a goal is scored, the whole team rushes to the scorer. It's actually common in girls "soccer" and quite a nice moment. However, although we have only lost 2 games this season, scoring is a bit rare (well, it is with my team) which adds to the excitement :005:

For the record, lost 2 (1-0), one draw (0-0) and 7 wins...6 were 1-0, one was 2-1 and, not sure how, but the other win was 3-0. To be honest, one penalty and one own goal in that game. 098.gif

Genuine pleasure and a desire to savour it amongst the players is fine, and something I applaud. Which sums up what I've been banging on about, I just prefer to see something natural rather than a pre-arranged 'funny' (ie not at all) scene. (Someone did a golf putting thing not that long ago, I mean please, eff off.)

Quote from: MJG on November 02, 2011, 02:25:07 PM
I miss Gera.

Yeah me too, well his goals anyway. How's he doing at West Brom, anyone know?

BalDrick

Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 03:04:26 PM

Good call Mr Moon, very good call (as is your avatar it has to be said).

Mr_Moon

Quote from: BalDrick on November 02, 2011, 03:09:59 PM

My local cinema is showing Belle de Jour later this month. A young(er) Catherine on the big screen  :dft001:

BalDrick

Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on November 02, 2011, 03:09:59 PM

My local cinema is showing Belle de Jour later this month. A young(er) Catherine on the big screen  :dft001:

An occasion perhaps to leave Mrs Moon at home?

Only thing I've really seen her in is the Bowie (who's not bad actually) film about vampires, well I think it's analogous of AIDS actually, The Hunger.

Here's the intro to aforesaid film Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead - The Hunger