more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SMOKE BOMB IN THE JH STAND...

Started by MOR :, November 04, 2011, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

LBNo11

...moronic, cretinous behaviour, I hope they catch the idiots and prosecute them, how the hell can the stewards miss a smoke bomb or a flare when they get so aggressive over a plastic water bottle top. Disgraceful...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

What a shame there isn't a sprinkler system installed.

Set to maximum.

Rupert

I counted at least two, possibly three going off. It can't have been much fun having to breathe it in for five minutes, until the cloud dispersed.
Mind you, if any of them get bronchial problems as a result, they will probably sue us for not having anything available to suck the smoke out from the stand.
And given the stupidity of our human rights laws, they would probably win.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SHADY1

It is wrong it /they were got into the ground and we can blame the stewards  ...however it's a part of European football culture and we are playing in Europe. As stupid as it is a smoke bomb can't set alight to anything ...
Then again I got 2 bottles of coke from tescos for £1.80 and smuggled them in with the lids on and the stewards didn't catch me... nutter !!!
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Mr_Moon

FatFreddysCat

I once let a smoke bomb off in an RE class ,no one grassed me up after the class was evacuated.

OldBrownShoe

I once let off a stink bomb in the food department of M & S in Great Yarmouth. I was 10 and STILL feel ashamed.  075.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Jimpav

Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 04, 2011, 09:10:26 PM
What's wrong with smoke bombs?

Schwarzer was annoyed and looked like he was reusing to take a goal kick at one point.

All fun and games but the way it was coming from the back of the stand it looked eerily similar to the Bradford disaster. Not pleasant.

@ Shady. Fair point but when in Rome.

SouthfieldWhite

was it a smoke bomb or a flare that was getting put out with a fire extinguisher? from where i was sitting it looked like they had flares which shouldnt of got into the ground, there was loads of Poles in the Riverside, how was they able to buy tickets in this part of the ground, think we need answers

ScalleysDad

We saw flames though. Do smoke bombs eventually catch fire or was it a proper allotment like bonfire.

SHADY1

2 ways they got in mate ... they bought memberships .. and the touts ... once again i had a run in with a tout ... pointed him out to a copper as he sold tickets to a group of polish in colours for the hammersmith end .. right next to the turnstyles not away from the ground 5 ft from club officials.... they did feck all .... last time i got involved and grabbed a tout i got warned by the club for violent behaviour... so what the hell do the club expect...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on November 04, 2011, 09:28:15 PM
I once let off a stink bomb in the food department of M & S in Great Yarmouth. I was 10 and STILL feel ashamed.  075.gif

I grew up in Great Yarmouth.

To be honest, setting off a stink bomb probably didn't change the odour that much!  :005:

Scrumpy

I have to say, once I realised it was just a couple of smoke bombs, I was pretty relaxed about it.

Some of the people getting irate in H5 need to get a grip. There were 2 or 3 people screaming at some 20 year old steward in the Hammersmith End and they clearly expected him to vault onto the pitch, sprint across to the Stevenage Road Stand and put the flare out with his own urine.....and then force the postponement of the match while all the 'filthy' Poles were evicted.

Have to agree with Shady on this. We'll be talking about it for years to come - the smoke, the volume of their singing, their sheer numbers. Pretty bloody impressive and all part of the European adventure surely?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SHADY1

careful agreeing with me mate ...
was funny though the comments being chucked about... the fat big mouthed women about 6 rows behind was classic ... screaming top of her voice get all the polish wankers out of the ground and restart the game... I was amazed how some actually thought it was on fire...

SouthfieldWhite

To be fair from where i was sitting, it looked like flames to start off with, then looked like smoke filtering through the roof, first thing i thought of, was thats exactley what the Bradford fire looked like at first.then on that occassion, it just took off and we all know what happened then, something i hope we never see again

Basil

I thought it added to the atmosphere of the night, looked pretty dramatic when it descended on pitch..not sure it will work for Bolton on a Wednesday evening though.

ScalleysDad

Hindsight is a jolly handy tool is'nt it. The view from a heaving P2 was somewhat different. In the first few seconds of the smoke rising and the orange glow I thought we were in trouble. After all five rows of riot police, stewards, common sense etc surely nothing potentially lethal could have sneaked in............................

Looking back and taking everything on board it was a night of european football with all the add ons that brings. As Scrumpy says the singing, the boinging and the numbers were pretty impressive. The Club will doubtless get loads of complaints and a wacking great Policing bill. For me the main concern now is will BZ look like half the player he was not so long ago when the Spuds turn up on sunday. Now they are a useless bunch to sit amongst.

Berserker

Another thing to remember in situations where there are fatalities and injuries they are often caused if a panic sitation arises and people die in the crush that is caused. This could happen even if there isn't a real fire but people think there is.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on November 05, 2011, 08:28:32 AM
Another thing to remember in situations where there are fatalities and injuries they are often caused if a panic sitation arises and people die in the crush that is caused. This could happen even if there isn't a real fire but people think there is.

Very true, when you are sitting in that stand and all you could see was what looked like a fire started, panic could have started, I would have made sure I trampled a few poles with their colours clearly on show and faces painted on the way out.