News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Fancy Any Of These Bosmans At Fulham?

Started by White Noise, November 07, 2011, 11:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

None too inspiring but Drogba could be worth a go. Would help secure a mid table place!

RidgeRider

Davies from Bolton, Berbatov, Saha, Kalou, Rosicky

rhyspabsolom

Obviously Rosicky, Berba, Anelka or Drogba. Hoilett would be good and I'd take Cahill or Shorey on a free.

If only it were that easy.

ImperialWhite

Drogba will go back to Marseille one day I'm sure (possibly January - they're desperate for a striker).

Wouldn't the wages of these players be prohibitive anyway?

sipwell

Quite a lot of talented players in that list. I don't know which ones to chose!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MJG

Lots of V good players on the list and if you were starting a team you could get a excellent squad.
being realistic how about going for :
Gibson from Utd or Guthrie from Newcastle for Murphy's role, still both young.
I would like Rodallega as well, I still think he can become a really good player.
Of course we could try and splash the cash on the big names coming, but again does that help us long term?

Burt

We don't have the wage structure or the "name" to attract any of the so called star players.

So lowering the sights somewhat, and with a view to lowering the average age of our current squad, I would not say no to:
- Hoilett
- Gibson
- Rodallega

QPR have a boatload of players coming to the end of their contract, don't they?

MJG

Quote from: Burt on November 08, 2011, 09:12:29 AM
Lee Cook Anyone?

os5889

I've heard good things about that Giggs lad, one to watch for the future!

Burt

LBNo11

Quote from: MJG on November 08, 2011, 09:16:17 AM
Lee Cook Anyone?

...I saw that and had a wry chuckle. Something about that whole saga doesn't ring true, shades of financial 'cosmetics' about it...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Out of the list it would be choice of;

Junior Hoilett, Gary Cahill, Jose Bosingwa, Nicolas Anelka, James McFadden, Louis Saha, Darron Gibson, Dimitar Berbatov, Danny Guthrie, Ledley King, Paul Scharner and Mohamed Diame.

Obviously wages would prevent most of these happening but all of these players would be very welcome to Fulham in my opinion.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on November 08, 2011, 03:29:38 PM
Out of the list it would be choice of;

Junior Hoilett, Gary Cahill, Jose Bosingwa, Nicolas Anelka, James McFadden, Louis Saha, Darron Gibson, Dimitar Berbatov, Danny Guthrie, Ledley King, Paul Scharner and Mohamed Diame.

Obviously wages would prevent most of these happening but all of these players would be very welcome to Fulham in my opinion.

I don't think wages would be prohibitive if we're not paying any transfer fee.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The King

I wasn't aware that Hoilett was available. Though, he'll either sign a new contract which is quite unlikely or join a Champions League team, English or foreign. What a good player he is.

elgreenio

Junior Hoilett and Gary Cahill. Interestingly looking at that list, wonder whether Grygera will get a new deal with his injury
touch my camera through the fence

Fusili

Diame and Gomez from Wigan would be worth a go

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 08, 2011, 02:49:23 PM
Lee Cook Anyone?

...I saw that and had a wry chuckle. Something about that whole saga doesn't ring true, shades of financial 'cosmetics' about it...

Wasn't there an equally hot prospect who joined us from Derby at roughly the same time, whose career has followed a similar downward trajectory to Cook's? Can't remember the name of him for the life of me.

Burt

Quote from: Burt on November 08, 2011, 05:42:11 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on November 08, 2011, 02:49:23 PM
Lee Cook Anyone?

Wasn't there an equally hot prospect who joined us from Derby at roughly the same time, whose career has followed a similar downward trajectory to Cook's? Can't remember the name of him for the life of me.

As soon as I hit "Post" it came to me - Giles Barnes!