https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wisla Press The Panic Button After Fulham Hiding

Started by White Noise, November 08, 2011, 05:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

so glad we could be of service   :011:  :011:

Burt

Sacked Wisla Krakow coach Robert Maaskant bid the Polish champions farewell on Tuesday after a slump in form that included a Europa League drubbing by Fulham and a loss to hometown rivals Cracovia.

"I didn't get an actual leaving gift from the players. The best gift was the look on their faces when they said goodbye, and what they told me in the dressing room," the Dutchman was quoted as saying on Wisla's website.

Maaskant got the chop after the weekend's league action saw Wisla suffer a humiliating 1-0 loss in the high-profile Krakow derby.

Cracovia, who escaped relegation by a whisker last season and are locked at the foot of the table this term, had not won the so-called 'holy war' for 28 years.

Even though the result still left Wisla sixth in Poland's 16-club first division, Maaskant had been on a knife-edge since last week's 4-1 defeat by Fulham in their Europa League fixture in London.

The thrashing left Wisla bottom of Group K, behind Denmark's Odense, Fulham and Dutch club Twente.

Wisla's board was unforgiving, even though Maaskant's squad has been plagued by injuries that have sidelined stalwarts such as Israeli-Polish midfielder Maor Melikson.

Wisla are among the powerhouses of the Polish league, notching up nine titles in the past 10 years and finishing second three times in the same period.

Maaskant, 42, arrived from Dutch club Breda in August 2010 and steered Wisla to the 13th title in their 105-year history last season.

He has been replaced by his former assistant manager, former Poland international Kazimierz Moskal, 44.

horse1031

were they expecting to get a result against us at home?  we were the reason for the sacking? 

Fletchino

How can it be posable to win the title 9 times and finish runners up 3 times in a ten year period??

sipwell

Quote from: FLETCHINO on November 09, 2011, 06:12:42 AM
How can it be posable to win the title 9 times and finish runners up 3 times in a ten year period??

Sloppy journalism. Seven titles and 3 times second. They won the Polish cup a couple of times though
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

BalDrick

Sorry but were they really expecting to get anything off us, home or away? I know they won at their place but we all know had the game been 11 -v- 11, that game probably wouldn't have finished that way. The piece implies losing 4-1 to us at our place is disastrous. Strangely written piece I can only assume.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Logicalman

Polish GAAP rules!!!!

Crita

Quote from: Logicalman on November 09, 2011, 10:17:57 AM

Polish GAAP rules!!!!

ha ha, that made me laugh!  064.gif