watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu Threatens 'Play Me Or I Walk In January'

Started by White Noise, November 18, 2011, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

I don't disagree with that but do think he deserves more respect and appreciation than SOME posters are showing him.

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 18, 2011, 12:41:24 PM
The managers job has changed over the years. He is no longer the all powerful figure he once was. He can set out the way the team plays and the type of player he need or doesn't need. But the overall direction of the club seems to be beyond a managers remit. A PR man who runs the way the team is set up. That really is all a manager is now. I say 'all' but that is enough to screw a club. Or bring it short term success.

So who "manages " the team? your post doesn't make sense, Jol picks the team, decides tactics, does the substitutions, what else does he NOT manage?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 18, 2011, 12:41:24 PM
The managers job has changed over the years. He is no longer the all powerful figure he once was. He can set out the way the team plays and the type of player he need or doesn't need. But the overall direction of the club seems to be beyond a managers remit. A PR man who runs the way the team is set up. That really is all a manager is now. I say 'all' but that is enough to screw a club. Or bring it short term success.

Are you saying that Jol is merely a puppet? Because I doubt that.

What I think does happen at Fulham is that the board set limits to what managers can and cannot do in the transfer market. In my mind this is very sensible - Managers are only ever temporary (like we need to be reminded) but the senior figures at the club stay for a long time. This is much like Lyon do, and they have been wildly successful and made lots of money with this set-up.

MJG

Lighthouse's comment I think should be on the Zamora or Dembele thread.

Lighthouse

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2011, 01:17:47 PM
Lighthouse's comment I think should be on the Zamora or Dembele thread.

Oh fair enough you are probably right. I have done that now
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

To Mr Tony's point.

As I have said in the past if its a defensive midfielder you want then there is a place for him and he makes a reasonable job of that.

If its a box to box type then he isn't that.

And if he is now handing down "play me or lose me" threats then that doesn't really wash it.

I like the idea of trying to teach cats quantum mechanics. I'll give that a whirl when I get home. I have two of them so perhaps one of them may get it  :dft011:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Burt on November 18, 2011, 02:04:17 PM
I like the idea of trying to teach cats quantum mechanics. I'll give that a whirl when I get home. I have two of them so perhaps one of them may get it  :dft011:

Stick em in a box.

You'll never know.

finnster01

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 18, 2011, 02:06:44 PM

Stick em in a box.

You'll never know.
I think they may already know  092.gif. Not many living creatures can defy gravity and survive huge falls off balconies...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 18, 2011, 02:06:44 PM

Stick em in a box.

You'll never know.
I think they may already know  092.gif. Not many living creatures can defy gravity and survive huge falls off balconies...
That's why it's best to put them in a black bag with a brick in and chuck them in the canal, they dont survive that   :028:

gang

aussierod

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 18, 2011, 12:14:58 PM
I hope that Dickson stays, just to wind up the experts on this forum.

I have to say, I truthfully find that hilarious : ) and I'd agree with you if I wasnt on the Etuhu upgrade option bandwagon
With regards to DM's, I'd like an upgraded version of Etuhu and then play Baird as the back up, I'd almost be tempted to throw Baird in ahead of Etuhu as he also possesses an attacking threat (BAIRDINHO!!!!)
Anyway, if Etuhu leaves, I think he will go to a bottom half Premier League club but we are looking at continuing to improve and a better DM would be one of my first areas to strengthen. This player will also take on some of Murphys distribution type role, and Sidwell will continue with his box to box stuff, with 3 attacking midfielders supporting 1 striker, or 2 wingers and 2 strikers
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

richie17

I'm with Tony and his cat.  

I can see Etuhu going to Norwich or somewhere (again) and making a big difference to them.  Done a lot for us, under-appreciated, but perhaps not the kind of player Jol has in mind for his Fulham of the future.  

And still get cross with "I'll drive you there" type comments. Disrespectful, ignorant and frankly makes me wonder about the poster.

aussierod

I wouldnt be sad with Etuhu leaving but I wouldn't object to him staying either, he is still a decent footballer, albeit as I've said before, I think we could/should improve upon (and I've slated him off a few times before also)
The drive him there comments weren't long ago being directed at big Bobby not 3 seasons ago and we'd have the stretch robot leading the line
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

jarv

Murphy is ageing.
Sidwell is good but has his off days.
Just lost a right back for the season.
I doubt Dickson will be allowed to go in january.  (unless suitable replacement is available).

As far as his comment goes,lots of players who want to play say that. Much rather that attitide than Bullard, just pay me, I couldn't care less if I am on the pitch or in a pub.

MJG

Quote from: richie17 on November 18, 2011, 04:18:44 PM

I can see Etuhu going to Norwich or somewhere (again) and making a big difference to them.  Done a lot for us, under-appreciated, but perhaps not the kind of player Jol has in mind for his Fulham of the future. 

And still get cross with "I'll drive you there" type comments. Disrespectful, ignorant and frankly makes me wonder about the poster.
and what do you need to know about the poster? It was meant as a slightly joke post, just as the pay your fare one was. What am i ignorant about with regards Etuhu?
What about the ones  that just say thanks or goodbye, do you wonder about them as well?

finnster01

I can see Etuhu going to Norwich or somewhere (again) and making a big difference to them.  Done a lot for us, under-appreciated, but perhaps not the kind of player Jol has in mind for his Fulham of the future.  

Mr Rich,
No more disrespectful than mouthing off to media that I will be gone unless I get more playing time. That stuff is handled behind closed doors if he had any class
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jack Fulham

Too me, Dickson is a limited player who performed well during the Hodgson era, yeah he had a few decent performances during the Hughes era as well but was sparsely used when we signed Sidwell. For me he's a player who easily replaceable so get rid of him if he's unhappy. I seem to remember either Hodgson or Dickson saying it was his job to pass backwards or sideways and the way we currently play means there isn't a position for him in our team. He's not a key player so let him go. I don't think he'll go anywhere and perform really well, his career he was a bit part player when we signed him from Sunderland and he's a bit part player for us now. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere else and becomes a bit part player.

mrska

Go then Dickson..  youve done nothing in the last 18 months to impress me.  the goal away at Blackpool was the last time you were on my radar..  later...x

richie17

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2011, 05:22:02 PM

I can see Etuhu going to Norwich or somewhere (again) and making a big difference to them.  Done a lot for us, under-appreciated, but perhaps not the kind of player Jol has in mind for his Fulham of the future. 

and what do you need to know about the poster? It was meant as a slightly joke post, just as the pay your fare one was. What am i ignorant about with regards Etuhu?
What about the ones  that just say thanks or goodbye, do you wonder about them as well?

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you, MJG.