more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu Threatens 'Play Me Or I Walk In January'

Started by White Noise, November 18, 2011, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 18, 2011, 12:21:40 PM
It's probably about as sensible as trying to explain quantum mechanics to my cat but I haven't given up on her yet so let's try.

Etuhu takles up position in front of the defence. He breaks up attacks and gets the ball quickly to his nearest team mate.

Alternatively he forces the opposition out wide and becomes a 3rd centre back.

Fulfilling this role we become incredibly difficult to score against. Hodgson felt this role essential, Hughes came to like it but Jol wants a more attacking formation which probably means that Dickson will be used less often.

Etuhu is exceptionally good at what he does which is what his managers have wanted him to do.

He is not good enough to successfully play at this level as an attacking box to box midfielder so it may well be that he will and should move on but he has been an important, even vital, part of our success over the last 3 years and deserves more appreciation.

Mods, can we get Mr TG's quote above in a loop and have it automatically played when someone begins a thread with "Why is Etuhu even in the squad. He's totally useless out there?"

And as for you, Mr. Gilroy:  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

Quote from: richie17 on November 18, 2011, 06:55:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2011, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: richie17 on November 18, 2011, 04:18:44 PM
I'm with Tony and his cat. 

I can see Etuhu going to Norwich or somewhere (again) and making a big difference to them.  Done a lot for us, under-appreciated, but perhaps not the kind of player Jol has in mind for his Fulham of the future. 

And still get cross with "I'll drive you there" type comments. Disrespectful, ignorant and frankly makes me wonder about the poster.
and what do you need to know about the poster? It was meant as a slightly joke post, just as the pay your fare one was. What am i ignorant about with regards Etuhu?
What about the ones  that just say thanks or goodbye, do you wonder about them as well?

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you, MJG.

Blimey the 33k office whip round was supposed to be tongue in cheek as well. ....................... we collected nowhere near that much !

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 18, 2011, 12:21:40 PM
It's probably about as sensible as trying to explain quantum mechanics to my cat but I haven't given up on her yet so let's try.

Etuhu takles up position in front of the defence. He breaks up attacks and gets the ball quickly to his nearest team mate.

Alternatively he forces the opposition out wide and becomes a 3rd centre back.

Fulfilling this role we become incredibly difficult to score against. Hodgson felt this role essential, Hughes came to like it but Jol wants a more attacking formation which probably means that Dickson will be used less often.

Etuhu is exceptionally good at what he does which is what his managers have wanted him to do.

He is not good enough to successfully play at this level as an attacking box to box midfielder so it may well be that he will and should move on but he has been an important, even vital, part of our success over the last 3 years and deserves more appreciation.

You have a cat ?????   064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

nevzter

Whilst I like Etuhu (so, shoot me) and what he brings to the table.  If he is clamoring to leave, so be it:

Dionne Warwick - Walk On By (Stereo)

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MrFantastic

no not etuhu ooooooo let him go we can get average players like him anywhere
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

YankeeJim

As a related side note, is it my imagination or are we having more apparently unhappy players this year? I don't recall this much complaining since I came aboard about the time Cookie did. Is this a sign of unrest within the squad? If so, the only major thing I can think of that changed is the gaffer. Not a good sign.  :002:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

CorkedHat

Irrespective of how good a player might or might not be if he is not prepared to accept the manager's decision then he should be told to leave. No one person is bigger than the club (except perhaps one and he's no longer with us).
If a staff member of mine ever threatened me with an ultimatum which he or she then made public, they would be out of the door faster than Usain Bolt with his arse on fire  :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 19, 2011, 12:53:15 AM
As a related side note, is it my imagination or are we having more apparently unhappy players this year? I don't recall this much complaining since I came aboard about the time Cookie did. Is this a sign of unrest within the squad? If so, the only major thing I can think of that changed is the gaffer. Not a good sign.  :002:

Actually, YJ, I think this has less to do with Jol or Fulham than it has to do with how English football reporters are working this season. Stories like this are popping up about players all over the league. I think they just cut and paste them and change the club and player names.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

richie17

Jol's got to rebuild the squad, and egos are being bruised, I think.

os5889

Well dickson just tweeted game day so he's involved and happy today!

TheDaddy

Close the door quietly and switch the light off ....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BalDrick

He is clearly very near the top, if not at the top, of the list of players that need an upgrade. As for the comments about 'experts' on here not liking the guy, well I've never made any secret of the fact I don't rate him in the least, but equally I've never put myself forward as an expert. Quite astonishing how much the guy seems to polarise opinion - if you don't like or rate him, you're immediately lambasted by half the posters on here.

I do appreciate he did an unglamorous job well under Hodgson but since then he's not been close to being an important squad member. We've read elsewhere that we have a tendency to let in a lot of goals in the last 15 minutes of a game (though surely a large percentage of goals across the league, hell across the game, are scored then anyway?) and posters have made the connection between this and the fact our captain doesn't seem to have 90 minutes in him; this surely is a role Etuhu ought to be looking at filling, the guy who comes on with 15-20 minutes to go to make sure the scoreline stays the same.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town