Started by White Noise, November 18, 2011, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

So tempted to say I'll drive him to his new club, but I won't. :hook:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

29 years old??? can't say he'll be missed to be honest

BalDrick

Cheers then.

(Not sure how Jol works re man management but issuing threats in the local rag is not a way of getting him on side I'll warrant.)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

It doesn't come across as a threat to me.

He's just saying I want and need to play and if I can't I need to move on. Same thing Amauri is saying at Juventus.

If he reads the message boards he'll be feeling unloved. Personally I'd pick him ahead of Sidwell.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2011, 07:49:37 AM

I might go as far as if this is the kind of guy he is, I'll carry him there...
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

ScalleysDad

I was quite looking forward to Christmas and the new year but I have overslept big time and here we on April 1st. Did we beat West Brom at home? Is Gary Barlow PM yet ?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2011, 07:49:37 AM

We just had a spontaneous whip round in the office for fuel. Can I drop the contributions round, roughly 33k.

Tom

Later Dickson! Let me know if you need a lift.  :038:
Fulham for life!

Burt

DICKSON Etuhu admits he may be forced to quit Fulham in January if he continues to warm the bench.

The midfielder has made 10 starts this season under new boss Martin Jol, but just two of those have come in the Premier League.

The Dutchman has preferred to partner Steve Sidwell with skipper Danny Murphy in the centre of the park, with Etuhu forced to play a bit-part from the bench.

And the frustrated Nigerian international, who is contracted to Craven Cottage until 2014, admits he is considering his future in SW6.

He said: "It's difficult if you only get 10 or 15 minutes. It's very hard to get involved in the game, especially in my position.

"At the end of the day I'm not playing much now and come January I'll look at that.

"I'm happy the team's doing well and if I don't get my chance I'll sit down with my people and have a chat about it.

"If I have to make some changes then I'll have to. I'm 29 and I want to enjoy my years."

Etuhu was a regular under former managers Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes before Jol's arrival in the summer.

And the 29-year-old admits he's concerned his fitness is suffering due to his lack of game time.

"It's difficult to take," he admitted. "I do get frustrated but that's football.

"The worst thing about it is you lose your fitness and when you come in to play once every three or four weeks it's very difficult to enjoy. These periods are a test and I'm sure I'll come out the other side strong."

With Sidwell doubtful, Etuhu could make a rare start for tomorrow's visit to his former club Sunderland.

And he insists he's desperate to make his mark against the Black Cats, adding: "There's added incentive and I've got a lot of good friends there. They're a good team and one of the best in their area."

Burt

AlFayedsChequebook

Fair play to him - he just wants to get regular games.

Can anyone imagine a cheeky bid from West Brom in Jan? Although they do already have Mulumbu.

I would rather keep him for the time being and only let him go if we are getting in midfield reinforcements.

epsomraver

The way you play sometimes Dickson you could get on a bus as a OAP, beats walking!

ImperialWhite

Fulham fans are special; unconditional support to anyone who pulls on the white shirt.

HatterDon

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 18, 2011, 11:12:15 AM
Fulham fans are special; unconditional support to anyone who pulls on the white shirt.

yes, I've heard that one as well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Thing is, he'll need that lift from somebody because evidently he can only move sideways and backwards on his own  :038:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

zzamora

Ill pay your train fare.

Please just go! A player who can't pass the ball in his position is just abismal.

AlFayedsChequebook

I hope that Dickson stays, just to wind up the experts on this forum.

TonyGilroy

It's probably about as sensible as trying to explain quantum mechanics to my cat but I haven't given up on her yet so let's try.

Etuhu takles up position in front of the defence. He breaks up attacks and gets the ball quickly to his nearest team mate.

Alternatively he forces the opposition out wide and becomes a 3rd centre back.

Fulfilling this role we become incredibly difficult to score against. Hodgson felt this role essential, Hughes came to like it but Jol wants a more attacking formation which probably means that Dickson will be used less often.

Etuhu is exceptionally good at what he does which is what his managers have wanted him to do.

He is not good enough to successfully play at this level as an attacking box to box midfielder so it may well be that he will and should move on but he has been an important, even vital, part of our success over the last 3 years and deserves more appreciation.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 18, 2011, 12:21:40 PM
It's probably about as sensible as trying to explain quantum mechanics to my cat but I haven't given up on her yet so let's try.

Etuhu takles up position in front of the defence. He breaks up attacks and gets the ball quickly to his nearest team mate.

Alternatively he forces the opposition out wide and becomes a 3rd centre back.

Fulfilling this role we become incredibly difficult to score against. Hodgson felt this role essential, Hughes came to like it but Jol wants a more attacking formation which probably means that Dickson will be used less often.

Etuhu is exceptionally good at what he does which is what his managers have wanted him to do.

He is not good enough to successfully play at this level as an attacking box to box midfielder so it may well be that he will and should move on but he has been an important, even vital, part of our success over the last 3 years and deserves more appreciation.
I appreciate what he HAS done, but that's in the past. Just because a player has helped a team over the last three years does not mean we have to keep him longer than we need to.
Under Hodgson you could see what he did and it worked. He was told to keep it so simple he did not have to think about things.
Hughes tried to change him and it did not work and in the end he lost his place to Sidwell.
This year he has played almost half the games anyway so I'm not sure what he has to moan about. But the team is changing and his type of DM is maybe not required or if he is then an upgrade is needed.
I'm sure if Roy was back then Dickson would be doing his job in the CM and we would not be giving him so much stick, but when I see him as the last man (with no defender behind him to cover) and he has the ball, I worry.If he has time to think with the ball then more times than not he's in trouble. And with the defenders having what seems more freedom to move forward he's not good enough to cover as a third CB.
Of course we should not let him go until we get another central midfielder in, but the time has come for him to move on.