watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Gera's Done his knee

Started by os5889, November 26, 2011, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Overstretched the wrong way, looked horrible, I hope he's ok.

fp.gif

epsomraver

No mention on BBC web site, went off after 21 minutes so hope it is not bad.

os5889

Quote from: epsomraver on November 26, 2011, 04:02:05 PM
No mention on BBC web site, went off after 21 minutes so hope it is not bad.

I was watching game, it looked a shocker

Burt

He's not had the best of luck since leaving us really.

Hope its nothing too serious.

HatterDon

I hope it's not as serious as it obviously looked.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

os5889

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2529071,00.html

Albion wait on Gera scan

Posted on: Sat 26 Nov 2011

ZOLTAN Gera faces a scan in the coming days to discover the full extent of the knee injury he picked up in today's 3-1 defeat by Tottenham.

The midfielder played a key role in the Baggies' opener before being forced off in the 21st minute after turning awkwardly and damaging his left leg.

Roy Hodgson is now keeping his fingers crossed Gera avoids another spell on the sidelines, having only returned to first-team action three weeks ago after almost six months out with ankle problems.

"Zoltan will have a scan," said the Hawthorns boss.

"He has twisted his left knee.

"All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

"We missed him enormously and to lose him for a spell would be very tough on him and very tough on us because he is looking very, very dangerous."

Hodgson has been impressed by the partnership Gera and Shane Long have forged in attack in the last two games.

He was delighted to see Long overcome the groin problem he picked up in training earlier this week and play 72 minutes.

And the head coach admits he will have to wrap up the four-goal striker in cotton wool in the build up to next Saturday's trip to QPR (ko 3pm).

"I think the quality of our attacking play has improved since Zoltan and Shane started this partnership," Hodgson added.

"Of course, Shane could only play 70 minutes because he's had a groin problem all week.

"He only started training on Friday so we did very well to get 70 minutes out of him.

"We were worried he wouldn't last that long.

"While those two were playing, I thought we looked very good.

"We have to take great care of Shane this week if he is going to be able to feature against QPR."

Lighthouse

West Brom's Zoltan Gera suffers serious knee injury
Page last updated at 11:34 GMT, Monday, 28 November 2011
E-mail this to a friend Printable version  Gera suffered his knee injury in West Brom's defeat by Tottenham West Brom midfielder Zoltan Gera has been ruled out for the "foreseeable future" with a serious knee injury.

Hungary captain Gera, 32, suffered the blow in Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Tottenham and will undergo scans to determine the extent of the damage.

Baggies manager Roy Hodgson said: "We still don't know how long he will be out but we won't be able to call on his services for the foreseeable future.

"This will be a major blow both on the training pitch and the match arena."

The injury was suffered as Gera landed awkwardly in the 21st minute of the match against Spurs.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Yeah, also watched the game, and he was so instrumental in their game play up until then (it was he that 'saved' the ball that led to the goal).

It was so great to see him returning to form, pity he had to leave the Cottage. Hopefully the scan will provide some comfort and he'll soon be back on the pitch again.