News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I never thought I'd do this on this board ...

Started by HatterDon, November 30, 2011, 05:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

... but tonight I engaged the "ignore" button for the first time. It made me feel in control and sad at the same time.

I'm going to recommend it to some of my friends.  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkedHat

I made the mistake of allowing someone to get to me. When you wear your heart on your sleeve and put your creativity out there for public scrutiny, inevitably you are going to attract criticism. I guess my problem was that I perceived the criticism to be gratuitous from someone whom I don't respect and in this instance I should have sought the "ignore" button.
These days I don't give a rat's what anyone thinks. They have a right to their opinion so I may or may not read what they have to say. What I do know is that I will not allow anyone to get to me ever again – not that I know where the ignore button is anyway!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

alfie

I'm with you there CH i don't know where the ignore button is either....
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Not sure where the "ignore" button is, but doubt I would use it anyway. As my wife says I have a great gift for letting things wash over me, when necessary, rather than getting steamed up because of one person's views.

Anyhow, at least I know now why Mr HD ignores me  :dft011:

TonyGilroy

I think the "ignore" concept is weird given how strict the mods are about abuse etc.

The guy that Finnster was complaining about was someone whose name I didn't recognise. His posts were clearly passing me by as uninteresting to me.

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

90% of the posters on here and reasonable people,you can disagree with there point of view and they can disagree with you still respect the other person,this is how it should be,adults acting with grace, class and humour.There are the other 10% who goad,troll and come looking for fights and I will happily feed these people to the sharks or bury them alive when I get the chance,which ever comes first.I've got 6 people on ignore-use it people it saves lives :dft012:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oh Syd !! now you will have to list 'em  064.gif

Senior Supporter

Quote from: KCat on November 30, 2011, 09:50:56 AM
Oh Syd !! now you will have to list 'em  064.gif

Does the fact he hasn't replied to you tell you something?  086.gif

Lighthouse

I always thought the 'ignore' button was silly. Until I was attacked and insulted and lied about. Then the mates all joined in and not one PMed me but wanted to make public attacks. Until I PMed one and they were unable to answer why the insults were started or what they were about.

Then I was given the advice to 'ignore' them.

I have four on my list and all the drivel that I spout should also be 'Ignored' if it upsets you and you cannot argue your case or a driven to lies and insults. It is often the ones that smile to your face that end up the biggest shock when you see their true face.

Trust nobody.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ron Sheepskin

I want a smarter 'ignore' system. If Finnster ever praises Jol, I don't want to see it. If SilverFox (where is he anyway?) ever admits that Sipwell has a right to be Belgian, I don't want to see it. If Hatter Don admits to secret gigs where he only covers Cliff Richard songs, I don't want to see it. (Incidentally Don - do you do Battleship Chains?)

Balance and order in the universe are important. The three examples I have given could have enormous unforseen consequences for all of us, and I for one wish to have my head firmly buried in the sand.

More seriously, I came very close to using the ignore button once, but took a deep breath and gave the poster another week before I decided. Turns out that it was just the one post that infuriated me and I'm glad I let it go. I would not hesitate to follow Lighthouse's lead on personal attacks however.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

The Equalizer

Mods - is there any way of finding out how many people are ignoring you? I reckon there's got to be several out there with my name on that list!

:011:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Hehehe! Maybe we could have a league table  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2011, 02:08:41 PM
Mods - is there any way of finding out how many people are ignoring you? I reckon there's got to be several out there with my name on that list!

:011:
I would ignore you, but you're not worth the effort you public convenience loiterer !  098.gif

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2011, 02:09:17 PM

As I am about to be cruelly ousted from the top of the Prediction league I am all for this. At least I would have a chance to stay on top of this one.

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2011, 02:09:17 PM

Brilliant! Way to lighten things up.  :54:

HatterDon

I have discovered that the downside to this is that you still see the poster's name and avatar, so the irritation remains. It will pass.

I always feel that I can listen to anyone and find something good to mine regardless of the degree of blather. God knows I listen to members of my immediate family all the time, and we only agree about every 8 years or so. I'm not a tossing-the-toys-from-the-pram type, but I do have my limits.

By the way, I have never done a cover of Our Cliff, but there is a rumor of a Freddy and the Dreamers tribute band forming in South Texas. All I have to do is drop 100 lbs and get underpants tight enough to hit those high notes and then you'll all see something, I can tell you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on November 30, 2011, 03:53:47 PM
I have discovered that the downside to this is that you still see the poster's name and avatar, so the irritation remains. It will pass.

I always feel that I can listen to anyone and find something good to mine regardless of the degree of blather. God knows I listen to members of my immediate family all the time, and we only agree about every 8 years or so. I'm not a tossing-the-toys-from-the-pram type, but I do have my limits.

By the way, I have never done a cover of Our Cliff, but there is a rumor of a Freddy and the Dreamers tribute band forming in South Texas. All I have to do is drop 100 lbs and get underpants tight enough to hit those high notes and then you'll all see something, I can tell you.

One also can see the comments if they are qouted on another post.

'I'm telling you now' that 'You were made for me' if Freddie and the dreamers tribute band ever came about. I would say more but cannot remember any more Dreamers song titles.