watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sanchez says he improved Fulham

Started by epsomraver, December 03, 2011, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

On football focus ,that every team he has managed he has improved that team, He quoted Wycombe and FULHAM, what planet does live on??

AlFayedsChequebook

I would love to get Barnet in the FA cup.

Easy win, and a chance to mock Sanchez

MJG

Well it did improve.....when he left. He did bring in some good players, he just did not know what to do with them.

SHADY1

I couldn't believe my ears still an arrogant mug...never did never will like the bloke.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Lighthouse

Sanchez is another 'if only' manager. He brought in some great players as mentioned. But when Swart was playing for Boro and cheated us out of a comeback by pushing the ball when it was over the line. Sanchez went back to playing tactics which didn't fit the players. Just like Jol really. Except Jol will be able to bring in players that will play his style of football.

But like Hughes, Sanchez had an ego that was too big for him. Unlike Hughes he had trouble backing it up.

So it was all Swarts fault  079.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Quote from: SHADY1 on December 03, 2011, 01:03:35 PM
I couldn't believe my ears still an arrogant mug...never did never will like the bloke.

Loved the bit why he couldn't get a job, too big for the small clubs, unproven for the big clubs, only thing big about him is his ego which is vastly over inflated.

ron

Sanchez did definitely improve Fulham. He made the club far more wary of employing managers like him.

Burt

Funny man...hope he has an xmas DVD coming out, I may just choose that instead of the Jack Dee one.

The Doctor

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2011, 01:00:30 PM
I would love to get Barnet in the FA cup.

Easy win, and a chance to mock Sanchez

Alas, you'll have to wait until next year.  If he lasts that long

Motown

He was a very lucky boy to be given a chance at Fulham. But he was an arrogant, talentless mug when he got the job, and was exactly the same when he left it. Time clearly hasn't improved him - nor his misguided and overweening sense of self esteem. Obscurity beckons, it's only a matter of time. Let's hope it's soon....... 083.gif

CULTUREVULTURE

The fact that it took him so long after he lost the Fulham job to get another one and that when he did it was at L2 level says it all really. To be fair he did bring in some good players and he was hampered by the loss of Brian McBride for virtually all of his time at the club. H ewould also have benefited from a fit Jimmy Bullard. The return of both of these players were a signifcant contribution to our great escape under Hodgson.

The comparison earlier in this thread between Sanchez and Hughes was apt. Both managers represent a wasted year between other more significant managers.

MrFantastic

he did improve it as someone already said when he left we played better
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

epsomraver

Good to see his side under his expert guidence has progressed in the cup 064.gif 064.gif

BalDrick

Had he just done the caretaker stint at the end of that season and kept us up, then yes he could have said he improved us because, in the last months of Cookie, we were utter pants.

Ironically, had he just done the caretaker stint, he'd have had a few job offers I reckon - can't remember which other bottom half Prem teams were shedding managers at the time but I daresay a few, plus of course the 3 relegated ones.

Thin line between self-belief and arrogance isn't there? You need plenty of the former, which can sometimes come across as the latter. That he hasn't actually done anything since us speaks volumes. Other managers have made teams look as bad as he made us look and worked again, albeit they probably had higher-profile playing careers, but I suspect he gives very bad interview. He must have been on a few shortlists.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

CorkCity

He did sign Hughes and Baird which improved us,
but he also signed Bouazza and Seol Ki-Hyeon.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

epsomraver

McBridefan1

He did, in the same way Nero improved Rome by burning down all those old houses...

Jack Fulham

Just because he bought players that are good now doesn't mean he improved us. On the football pitch, we were piss poor. His general club performances has been poor League wise which is the most important part of management. Still living off those victories over Spain and England.

White Noise

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 04, 2011, 03:42:27 PM
He did, in the same way Nero improved Rome by burning down all those old houses...

And Richard Burton improved Elizabeth Taylor by introducing her to beer. :beer: