watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoFfers MIA

Started by White Noise, December 03, 2011, 02:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Only just noticed that our Romanian friend clint23 has deleted his account. He last posted in June I think. Shame really because he was always an interesting poster and came across as a nice guy.

Who else hasn't be seen around this parts for a while or has deleted their account?

The ones I can think of are -

A/C's deleted -

clint23
BestOfBrede
Fernhurst
WaneY @ Twitter
mofulham
Teabag
Andy Crysell/Terry Tibbs
spiritofwashington
duffbeer

The Disappeared -

tjl - Our man in Sark - September 09, 2010
flynny - June 07, 2010
Serotonin - January 05, 2011
Ichabod Magoo - January 10, 2011
FulhamRob - March 17, 2011

The Banned -

tingtawng (or did he just wander off?)
fulhamwannabe
JezamyBates

The Absent Without Leave (date they last looked at the board) -

chez - June 07, 2011
boxhockcycsock - July 08, 2011
NorfolkJim - August 29, 2011
TheInsider - August 30, 2011
maksimir - September 11, 2011
Crede15 - September 11, 2011
helgell - September 15, 2011
Ag - September 29, 2011
SteveM19 - October 03, 2011
Tktd - October 05, 2011
MikeR - October 15, 2011
SuffolkWhite - October 20, 2011
FFCOutpostCommander - October 20, 2011
K33NY - October 23, 2011
BB - October 26, 2011
clintclintdeuce - November 17, 2011

Also interesting to see that since this new version of FoF started in January 2010 only 7.91% of all threads don't get 100 plus views and only 9.70% don't get any replies. When you think back to the early days in 08, getting over 100 views on a thread was extremely rare.

Logicalman

WN,

Thanks for the analysis, one other to look up though, how many of the 'original' members are still around? (excluding the mods of course - they never die - just wander off their meds every now and again).

Admin

Teabag was a good poster also, always gave me good advice behind the scenes on a couple of websites I was doing. Then he just went.

White Noise

Quote from: Admin on December 03, 2011, 03:55:28 PM
Teabag was a good poster also, always gave me good advice behind the scenes on a couple of websites I was doing. Then he just went.

Difference of opinion over censorship of jokes on here as I recall. As you say, nice guy.

White Noise

Quote from: Logicalman on December 03, 2011, 03:45:02 PM

WN,

Thanks for the analysis, one other to look up though, how many of the 'original' members are still around? (excluding the mods of course - they never die - just wander off their meds every now and again).

Difficult to say who the originals are now because the intial board was expunged and when WhiteJC moved account names across he did a lot alphabetically. What the above says to me though is that very few people leave the board entirely. As with every other board we are still mostly made up of readers rather than writers but a very large number of our members come on here every day/every other day to have a read or post. That has got to be because the content is more compelling now than at any other time. Everything Fulham is covered here now and there are so many regular aspects to look out for and such a good level of varied discussion. Even I struggle to read it all now!!

Burt

Always enjoyed Mr TJL's posts... Sheep, whether France had disappeared, and the occasional bit of Fulham.

leonffc

Shame about Norfolk Jim. And I'm still concerned about Fenhurst's sudden departure, especially after some of the topics we've had on here of late. Wrong of me to speculate but the way he cited work and family issues, alarm bells rang at the time. I really hope he is ok. Top poster was Fenhurst.

RidgeRider

Quote from: leonffc on December 03, 2011, 06:13:16 PM
Shame about Norfolk Jim. And I'm still concerned about Fenhurst's sudden departure, especially after some of the topics we've had on here of late. Wrong of me to speculate but the way he cited work and family issues, alarm bells rang at the time. I really hope he is ok. Top poster was Fenhurst.

I sort of felt the same about Fernhurst.

NorfolkJim posted some good road reports during our Europa League campaign and I wish he'd drop in a bit more myself.

Logicalman

Norfolk Jim ia alive and well and returned to the bosom of the offal, to each his own is the best policy, and we all look forward should he wish to tramp over to our neck of the woods again from time to time.

Burt

Yes I was a bit alarmed by young Mr Fernhurst's departure... Hope all is well with him and that he will return at some stage.

FatFreddysCat

Having read this, it would be nice if Ferny could post just to let us know he's ok, as said, top poster.

JohnKovacs

Norfolk Jim is a top shelf poster. I also loved his writeups on his European travels from two seasons ago. He was actually on my friends list at the offal, and was actually considering leaving that forum altogether. Too much riff raff and BS he stated. I'm going to really miss reading about his adventures at various European destinations, as I've been banned from the offal. Too many kids over there always wanting to fight, I lost it one night, and really let one of the trouble makers over there have it. Guess I'm banned till the end of time over it. I'm starting to get used to this site, and hopefully the kids looking to bicker are all over there instead of here.

CorkedHat

What I want to know is, who are the members of the original clique and are they still with us? 098.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

RidgeRider

Quote from: JohnKovacs on December 04, 2011, 12:41:15 AM
Norfolk Jim is a top shelf poster. I also loved his writeups on his European travels from two seasons ago. He was actually on my friends list at the offal, and was actually considering leaving that forum altogether. Too much riff raff and BS he stated. I'm going to really miss reading about his adventures at various European destinations, as I've been banned from the offal. Too many kids over there always wanting to fight, I lost it one night, and really let one of the trouble makers over there have it. Guess I'm banned till the end of time over it. I'm starting to get used to this site, and hopefully the kids looking to bicker are all over there instead of here.

You won't find them here. We have published rules and we expect everyone to adhere to them or we take action. Glad you joined us.

McBridefan1

Quote from: CorkedHat on December 04, 2011, 01:10:14 AM
What I want to know is, who are the members of the original clique and are they still with us? 098.gif

I'm with ya clique or clack... though I don't find my way here as much as I should I see most of you on the facebook I assume that counts? how bout a group hug Mr. Hat? group hug

McBridefan1

ha ha in fact I remember in the early days when we tried to do the chat room and me an OW were there playing with the noises... it lost its luster pretty quick. We didn't have much to say when we were face to face (relatively speaking) so we played with the noises. It was an intellectual triumph of epic proportions. Then his picture was leaked and that ended that 090.gif ... ahhh well life goes on.  :beer:

CorkedHat

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 04, 2011, 06:30:19 AM

I'm with ya clique or clack... though I don't find my way here as much as I should I see most of you on the facebook I assume that counts? how bout a group hug Mr. Hat? group hug

I have been keeping a wary eye on you on Facebook Mr MBF1 and I think I have your measure by now. One more step out of line and I'm going to "out" you! :014:

McBridefan1

Quote from: CorkedHat on December 04, 2011, 06:41:52 AM

I have been keeping a wary eye on you on Facebook Mr MBF1 and I think I have your measure by now. One more step out of line and I'm going to "out" you! :014:

well I'd rather have you out me than in me... hey oooooooh  :drums:

CorkedHat

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 04, 2011, 06:47:45 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on December 04, 2011, 06:41:52 AM

:011:

well I'd rather have you out me than in me... hey oooooooh  :drums:

Jimpav

Mr Fernhurst told he was going. He made an announcement and left. Not sure what brought that decision on but I do hope that it was a sabattical rather than a permanent decision.