https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham target Berbatov and Nathaniel Clyne

Started by NorthernWhite, December 03, 2011, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 04, 2011, 10:31:56 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 04, 2011, 10:45:58 AM
I am amazed that people would not want Berbatov on a six month loan. He is absolute quality with a proven record in the premeir league.

Because his laziness works at ManUtd, but won't work at a midfield club. Fulham can't afford a player who doesn't take part.

I'd rather a lazy Berbatov than a hard working Andy Johnson. We need someone who can put them away and Berbatov is one of those players. Can't see this happening though for obvious reasons.

ron

I don't necessarily see Berbatov as a lazy player...rather one who uses his energy wisely. The fact that he would still be picking up £110K (absurd!) a week would be mega-unsettling for the rest of the squad here though. But who knows, they might all be going !

Interesting times ahead. Both possibilities (stay or go) seem to apply to all the squad, plus all the management.

So yes, I'd like Berbatov. But I wouldn't mind knowing who he'll be playing with !

JohnKovacs

Quote from: ron on December 04, 2011, 11:52:00 PM
I don't necessarily see Berbatov as a lazy player...rather one who uses his energy wisely. The fact that he would still be picking up £110K (absurd!) a week would be mega-unsettling for the rest of the squad here though. But who knows, they might all be going !

Interesting times ahead. Both possibilities (stay or go) seem to apply to all the squad, plus all the management.

So yes, I'd like Berbatov. But I wouldn't mind knowing who he'll be playing with !
I believe that United are willing to pay half of his massive wage. That's what I've heard anyway.

ron

Quote from: JohnKovacs on December 05, 2011, 12:52:48 AM

I believe that United are willing to pay half of his massive wage. That's what I've heard anyway.

...but he'd still be drawing a total of £110K weekly for wearing a Fulham shirt. That would still wind up what team-mates are left after the anticipated January clearout....or raise wage expectations for newcomers in the window.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ron on December 05, 2011, 09:24:43 AM

...but he'd still be drawing a total of £110K weekly for wearing a Fulham shirt. That would still wind up what team-mates are left after the anticipated January clearout....or raise wage expectations for newcomers in the window.

I dont really see why it would wind up players if he was only here on loan. If we signed him and paid him that much, it is one thing, but sticking to our wage structure for a short term loan does not seem inflamatory to me.

McBridefan1

Quote from: ron on December 05, 2011, 09:24:43 AM

How many shirts would he sell though? Have we ever had a high profile talent like that on the team? The last one I remember was montella he caused a huge stir and interest, and he hardly got on the pitch for us. Berb would do all that and score goals, seems a no brainer to me.