watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham target Berbatov and Nathaniel Clyne

Started by NorthernWhite, December 03, 2011, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Would be a great move for us as well as Clyne who I really rate.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/2011/12/04/fulham-target-dimitar-berbatov-in-january-loan-move-102039-23607607/

Fulham target Dimitar Berbatov in January loan move
Dec 4 2011 by Dave Kidd, The People

FULHAM boss Martin Jol wants to take Dimitar Berbatov on loan from Manchester United next month.

Sir Alex Ferguson could allow Berbatov to leave in January, but if he cannot find a big-money buyer, then Jol is keen on a temporary­ deal.

Berba's poor display in the 2-1 midweek Carling Cup defeat by Crystal Palace­ is likely to push him closer to the exit door at Old Trafford.

The Bulgarian, 30, has started only one Premier League match this season and is behind Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck in the pecking order – with Michael Owen also in the picture.

Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala want Berbatov, but he would rather stay in a major European league.

Craven Cottage gaffer Jol signed Berbatov for Tottenham in 2006 and the frontman enjoyed the best season of his career working under the Dutchman.

He would love to link up with Berbatov again – especially with Bobby Zamora unsettled at Fulham. Zamora will only be allowed to leave for £12million – and ex-Sunderland boss Steve Bruce was interested in signing the England man before getting sacked.

That interest is unlikely to be taken up by new Black Cats chief Martin O'Neill, but Fulham will still listen to offers as Zamora has a fractious relationship with Jol and is believed to fancy a move.

Interest

Andy Johnson is also likely to leave the Cottage next month – with Sunderland, Blackburn and QPR all keen – while Fulham forward Moussa Dembele is also attracting a lot of interest.

Jol has been charged with reducing the average age of Fulham's squad, so there is no chance of a ­permanent Berbatov deal.

Any loan would also need United to pay half of his £110,000 wages each week.

Fulham are showing an ­interest in Crystal Palace's England Under-21 right-back Nathaniel­ Clyne.

Newcastle, West Brom, Aston Villa and QPR are also monitoring the Eagles starlet, whose contract runs out this summer.

Rayo Vallecano left-back Jose Manuel Casado, 25, is another player on Jol's radar.

He has been a revelation in La Liga this season, but Rayo have money problems and, with his deal expiring at the end of the season,­ they could be forced to sell in January.

Sporting Lisbon, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal also want

White Noise

Blimey thats a bit out of left field. Could see it happening though.

Nice to see Dave Kidd get all the rumours into one article - Berbatov, Zamora, AJ, Nat Clyne & Jose Manuel Casado - not sure a 30 year old gets the average age down much.

RidgeRider

Berbatov could possibly be a great loan deal for us given he knows Jol. Not sure why he has fallen out of favor as I really don't pay much attention to United but why not if they cover at least half his wages.

JohnKovacs

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 04, 2011, 12:01:00 AM
Berbatov could possibly be a great loan deal for us given he knows Jol. Not sure why he has fallen out of favor as I really don't pay much attention to United but why not if they cover at least half his wages.
I think even with Man U paying for half of it, Berbatov would have the highest wage at Fulham. This would probably be a little unsettling for Dembele, Dempsey, Zamora, and Hangeland. I think in order to keep these guys happy, Fulham would have to put them on 55K/week.

psand22

Another problem, besides the wages....is that Hernandez hurt his ankle in the game today.  If the injury is as bad as it looked, Berbatov isn't going anywhere in January.

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: psand22 on December 04, 2011, 01:43:50 AM
Another problem, besides the wages....is that Hernandez hurt his ankle in the game today.  If the injury is as bad as it looked, Berbatov isn't going anywhere in January.
Its reported Hernandez is injured 4-5 weeks
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Mr Fulham

Berbatov - no

Clyne - YES GOD FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!!!!

McBridefan1

how could you say no to Berbatov??? madness, sometimes guys just don't find their place when there are so many super stars... over here he would be a great finisher for us no question we need all the scorers we can grab... we are anemic at scoring that's no secret, and Ruiz isn't lighting it up as we hoped. He will but it might take him another season or two, to get up to speed. Berb is tested and ready, bring him in please  076.gif one berbatov cocktail coming up :wine:

MJG

hmmm as a good a player as he is, he does not exactly add that speed of build up and pace that we so dearly need. And he is prone to not putting a shift in.

TWFL

Quote from: psand22 on December 04, 2011, 01:43:50 AM

On BBC yesterday no one even mentioned him when it came to losing Hernandez they were all thinking about Rooney and Welbeck and Macheda. I don't think that SAF wants Berba anymore so to grab him on a loan would be great, then over the summer we can look at bringing in someone younger.

BalDrick

Berbatov - god no, lazy bugger if ever I saw one

Clyne - I know nothing of the guy but the novelty value of having a player whose name is Nathaniel would be good (plus other posters seem to rate him, so he must be quite good)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

zzamora

To be quite honest I couldn't care who we get in the striking department, as long as they get us 8+ goals after they move.

As for the rb- young, rated by others-sign him up!

AlFayedsChequebook

I am amazed that people would not want Berbatov on a six month loan. He is absolute quality with a proven record in the premeir league. People mock him because he doesn't chase after every ball, but doing that does not make you a good player (AJ).

This move has a 1% chance of happening though

Burt

If there is a 1% chance of this being able to happen then go for it.... He knows where the goal is and we could do with one of them.

BalDrick

The other thing about this is Berbatov is probably miles from match fit, even his level of match fit, ie only breaking into what might loosely be deemed a jog when the half time whistle goes.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

Ha, we wouldn't take Berbatov.... madness. Be our best player by a distance.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: BalDrick on December 04, 2011, 11:30:16 AM
The other thing about this is Berbatov is probably miles from match fit, even his level of match fit, ie only breaking into what might loosely be deemed a jog when the half time whistle goes.

A languid playing style is one thing but as you say theres the fabled 'match ready' thing to get to and adjusting to the Jol mess/methods. Could be March before he is on fire. On the money we would have pay out Berbatov would have to be the starter and that will rock the boat. For what its worth if the rumours about dressing room and below stairs unrest have any credibility a characater like Berbatov is the last thing we need.

JohnKovacs

To me, it makes total sense to try to get Berbatov on loan. We would get him for six months, paying only half his wages....

It's not like we're banging in two or three every match, and couldn't use a proven finisher...

White Noise

Jol eyes Berbatov move as Fulham boss looks for attacking reinforcements in January

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:49 AM on 4th December 2011

Comments (7)

Fulham boss Martin Jol could offer Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov a route out of Old Trafford with a January loan move. 

The Bulgarian striker, 30, has become sidelined as Sir Alex Ferguson favours Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck.

Berbatov has started just one Barclays Premier League game for the club this season and has scored only two goals: including one against Aldershot in the Carling Cup.

Outcast: Berbatov is no longer guaranteed regular first-team football

And his below-par performance against Crystal Palace in the 2-1 League Cup defeat has only hastened his exit from the club, according to The People.

United would rather find a buyer, but if none can be found Jol – who signed Berbatov for Tottenham in 2006 - will attempt to snap him up.

Fulham are also preparing to lose some of their attacking strength with Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson and Moussa Dembele all attracting interest from other clubs.

Spurred on: Jol and Berbatov first linked up at Tottenham

Zamora is unsettled, Johnson looks set to leave and Dembele's first season in England has been so successful a number of bigger clubs are interested. 

Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala are also tracking Berbatov, but he would rather stay in the English top flight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069772/Martin-Jol-wants-Dimitar-Berbatov-loan-January.html#ixzz1fayPRZk9

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 04, 2011, 10:45:58 AM
I am amazed that people would not want Berbatov on a six month loan. He is absolute quality with a proven record in the premeir league.

Because his laziness works at ManUtd, but won't work at a midfield club. Fulham can't afford a player who doesn't take part.