watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just back from seeing Ajax win...

Started by SHADY1, December 04, 2011, 12:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

Nice stadium but not full by any means & apart from a section of probably 1500 ultras who sang non stop the rest of the ground hardly made a sound... even when they scored they clapped but didnt sing... the only time you heard them during play was if Ajax didnt shoot or mis passed it then they whistled in displeasure...even the riverside could outsing them.. finished 4-1 the score completely flattered them after they were aided with a dubious sending off and an even worse penalty in their favour ...but its another ground off my tick list and made for an enjoyable night out.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

CULTUREVULTURE

Was it very different to Twente. I have to say that I thought Twente's ground was very English - sort of reminded me of The Valley.

Fletchino

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on December 04, 2011, 07:47:27 AM
Was it very different to Twente. I have to say that I thought Twente's ground was very English - sort of reminded me of The Valley.

Yes I'd agree with you there very so it was even the same colour as Charltons ground

SHADY1

no it was strange really the seats were  multi coloured patterns so seeing pics you wouldn't automatically guess whos ground you were in and normally the teams name is spelt through somewhere but non of that ... Elevators up to the concourses were cool and they have a stadium card system for all food and drink you paid 10 or 20e for a prepaid card when you got your beers etc you swipped the card so the queues were really quick. As a 1 time visitor you thought it wasn't a good idea because if you bought a card and didnt use it that money would be left on it..but no if you wanted you could cash in the balance at the end or you keep the card and reload it next game ...all fully automated...

I didn't mention away support about 50 i recon in a fenced & laminate glassed pen top level  .... I could relate to them and wished we'd sat in their area just to boost the numbers...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

McBridefan1

did they clean up? well good for them... I always thought they were a big club, 50 supporters? Good on the 50 but that sounds worse than us by a long shot... we always bring at least 55 to 60.  :dft012: