watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts Of The Addicks

Started by White Noise, December 04, 2011, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I like the "I was hoping for someone shite" comment!!

Last time I think we had them in the cup was at Loftarse Road, they all brought masks along to take the mick out of Sava when Charlton scored. I seem to remember we won 3-0 in the end, which put paid to that plan.

MrFantastic

Yes they have some great fans and their stadium was always full when they played in EPL, so they should have great number of traveling fans come to watch a game against Fulham there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

In the Enclosure

They had 7,416 yesterday so large swathes of empty red seats on show-  Of course a big match against a Premiership team will bring their lapsed fans back for this game so they may well sell out.

They always seemed a decent bunch in the past but often took a superior view over us until they collapsed out of the Premiership. I know one of their season ticket holders and to be fair he concedes that we now play at a completely different level to them. - He was relieved to beat Brentford recently although apparently they were lucky.

Looks like a good old fashioned Cup Derby !

MJG

Quote from: White Noise on December 04, 2011, 05:58:50 PM
http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/44677/fa-cup-3rd-round-guess-tie-fulham-away

They reckon they can sell out the whole of The Putney End.
looks like i had better go  for a seat away from my normal putney end ST seat.

Mitch

Honestly....complete yawn draw. Charlton were boring in the Prem and even more irrelevant now.

Admin

They are overly confident with a few level headed fans but why shouldn't they be with the season they're are having compared to ours.

Mr_Moon

They are playing well at the moment but then again so were Peterborough when we played them and look what happened there.

They should bring a few, might pull in a few more punters being a London 'derby'.

ScalleysDad

Saturday afternoon makes perfect sense for this one. The Manchester fella's, the Gooners and one with a tad of romance can hog sunday tele and I expect Newcastle will shift to monday and we will quietly slip by............. last on the FA Cup show even.
Right off to book cheapo train tickets for the saturday so that the powers that be move it to prime time tele slot on the Sunday and I get the car which is so much more civilised these days. Engineering works all the way up the Waterloo line and fewer carriages of late have taken the edge off of trundling up through our green and pleasant land.
Actually in a state of late night confusion Monday might suit us as the Chelski, Norwich and Arsenal games will be a bit of a stretch for our current crop. Does anybody still refer to Chelski as The Pensioners ?

LBNo11

...thanks for the links WN; I had to laugh at the poster 'tangoflash's comments:-

"I'm sure, despite what their idiot fans say, their manager and players won't take us so lightly. If they do then they'll get what's coming to them. I know 2 Fulham supporters and both are complete idiots"

Well he has me at a disadvantage - I don't know ANY Charlton fans - does anyone on here..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 04, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
...thanks for the links WN; I had to laugh at the poster 'tangoflash's comments:-

"I'm sure, despite what their idiot fans say, their manager and players won't take us so lightly. If they do then they'll get what's coming to them. I know 2 Fulham supporters and both are complete idiots"

Well he has me at a disadvantage - I don't know ANY Charlton fans - does anyone on here..?

I only know one Charlton fan but he lives in Thailand. Despite having a shine to the Addicks I doubt this has had any bearing on their recent form.

os5889

I seem to be in a small minority. I think we are massively underestimating this team. They are two divisions above us and they have many squad players that I would expect to walk into our first team and we probably have none that would make their bench.

Fulham are a nothing club in the Premier League due to, initially, massive investment from al Fayed, and then successive seasons of the Sky TV money. I hate them, but we need to remember that the gulf between the Premier League and the rest is so big now that we can't, realistically, expect anything other than a convincing defeat.

With the FA Cup being so far down the list of priorities of the likes of Fulham fans, and with the reduced ticket prices I doubt we will make much money either.

I'd love to have the confidence that some on here have, but thinking that we can go toe to toe with a team that was in a European Cup final a coule of seasons ago is, in my view, a little too optimistic.

Worst of all is that it gives them a chance to laud over us the fact that they are two divisions above us and have players that are worth more than our whole squad.

os5889

A good point, will we or Chelsea get moved to Sunday?????

I can't see more than 12,000 Fulham supporters turning up. Their support is pretty weak, their focus is on Premier League survival and, to put the tin hat on it, they have a surfeit of games with the Europa Cup. We'll therefore have plenty of tickets and it should be a good day out. I nearly always enjoy a day out over there, our relegation season in 2006/07 being a notable exception.

One cloud on the horizon is Chelsea also being drawn at home ( to Pompey ), which may mean that we're bounced onto the Sunday by policing requirements / the Old Bill. I can't see both games being on Saturday and Saturday would probably be more convenient for most of our supporters.

os5889

So many fulham twats on their message boards spouting about how small a club we are compared to them and how we will look forward to our cup final at craven cottage.

Yet another delusional set of supporters who think they are massive.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: os5889 on December 04, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
So many fulham twats on their message boards spouting about how small a club we are compared to them and how we will look forward to our cup final at craven cottage.

Yet another delusional set of supporters who think they are massive.

Every club has delusional fans though. Being a massive club wouldn't appeal to me anyway considering how many annoying United and Chelsea fans you come across, would we want them at Fulham?

Charlton are certainly a club on the up at the moment but we should beat them if we play a decent team. Under Hodgson, we often struggled against lower league opposition but this changed under Hughes where we battered them. I think the team depends on our League position. I expect a good game, cheap tickets and full house though.

Meerkat

Unfortunately my Son In Law is a Charlton fan !!  Cue family arguments or worse jibes if we lose

SHADY1

The only question I want answered is who will Southfield white/red be supporting ?
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

CorkedHat

Here you go LB:

Glenn Tilbrook - Musician.
Dave Berry - TV presenter on MTV UK and CD:UK.
Gary Bushell - Journalist.
Jim Davidson - Comedian and TV presenter
Steve Davis - Snooker player,
Michael Grade - Chief Executive of ITV.
Charlie Connelly - Travel writer and broadcaster.
Karl Howman - Actor,
Steve Rider - ITV Sport.
Alan White - Drummer, formerly of Oasis.
Steve White - Drummer for Paul Weller.
Lee Ryan - Singer from boy band Blue
slapper Minger - Famous Racist

Hardly a list that would swell your chest with pride!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us