Started by Jambo, December 06, 2011, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If any, which of the following would you want to leave in Jan

Zamora
AJ
Neither
Both

Jambo

Which one if any would you lose in the summer?  My opinion changes from game to game.  I thought Zamora was dreadful last night and could have been accused of having an attitude problem whereas when AJ came on he was getting the crowd going and running the channels.  Its a tough one.

Getting rid of 1 of our top earners would obviously free up funds to spend on a replacement.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The King

Where's the option both?

mangoputney

I reckon if Jol want a solid back four, with the holding two (one being Etuhu or Sidders) Smurph and then the three of Ruiz Demps and Dembele fluid and told to run at defence, then our striker should be Johnson just cos of the pace, fact that if were going forward we keep running at them... looked so much better keeping it on deck and moving opposed to knocking it to BZ, kinda obvious its coming back into the midfield

i'm pretty sure, Johnson will get his contract once BZ is off the bill, bring in Gignac, happy days
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

BalDrick

Went with Zamora - looks wholly uninterested and we will never get a better price for him. Another half season of this teenage attitude and his value will fall dramatically. Took me a while to like him, sooner he left now than tarnished that memory.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

sipwell

Both. With the wages we can buy a striker who wants to play. A striker, also, who does not drift to the sides and run in front of the man who is supposed to attack from the sides.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Andy_M

Both and bring in Gignac and a young forward.
@got_maile

Andy_M

Suggestion for a young forward - Victor Moses??? Looks as though Wigan will go down this year (in my opinion) and have always been impressed with him
@got_maile

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on December 06, 2011, 12:54:04 PM
Both. With the wages we can buy a striker who wants to play. A striker, also, who does not drift to the sides and run in front of the man who is supposed to attack from the sides.

+1

The strikers have not been performing. Whoever we bring in (provided they are of a decent quality) can do little worse

twang

Quote from: Andy_M on December 06, 2011, 12:57:32 PM
Suggestion for a young forward - Victor Moses??? Looks as though Wigan will go down this year (in my opinion) and have always been impressed with him

He's more of a winger though, don't you agree?

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 01:14:20 PM

+1

The strikers have not been performing. Whoever we bring in (provided they are of a decent quality) can do little worse

I have found a closet fan of Eddie Johnson!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on December 06, 2011, 01:16:57 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 01:14:20 PM

+1

I have found a closet fan of Eddie Johnson!

The bring back Eddie the Eagle campaign starts here! Who is with me?

098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif

mattiesafer

Maybe if you get rid of some of Te other bad apples Bobby will be forced to come good again...

MOR :

Zamora seems to have gone backwards and clearly doesn't want to be with us anymore...he'll probably go in January...

aussierod

Hopefully Zamora goes back to the club he follows, ie West Ham, and he then misses his chance to represent his country at a European Championship. I think on his day, Zamora is almost unplayable in his strength, ball retention and playing, however his attitude is poor for the majority of games, he carries on at the ref, other players etc instead of just getting on with the game, like McBride used to do. I wouldn't be opposed to either AJ or Zamora leaving, however it very much depends on replacements brought in
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

RMira

It is clear that Bobby has a problem with Jol and is letting it affect his play.   His attitude last night was embarrassing.

Lighthouse

BZ was pretty much limping from the first few minutes after he had come down awkwardly or been kicked. Nevertheless I would like both him and AJ gone and a couple of willing forwards brought in. A finisher would be nice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: RMira on December 06, 2011, 03:23:23 PM
It is clear that Bobby has a problem with Jol and is letting it affect his play. 

Not to me.

It's clear that he's not playing well and my guess is that he simply isn't fit because, to me, he doesn't look fit.

I don't think he's recovered fully from the broken leg and, if not, it's possible that he never will.

What's in his mind is completely unknown to me and presumably everyone else who posts here.

dancrawford

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 06, 2011, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: RMira on December 06, 2011, 03:23:23 PM
It is clear that Bobby has a problem with Jol and is letting it affect his play. 

Not to me.

It's clear that he's not playing well and my guess is that he simply isn't fit because, to me, he doesn't look fit.

I don't think he's recovered fully from the broken leg and, if not, it's possible that he never will.

What's in his mind is completely unknown to me and presumably everyone else who posts here.

Tony's absolutely spot on. Zamora looked nowhere near fully fit last night and, after taking a whack very early, Johnson was warming up vigorously and preparing to replace him. Bobby hobbled around for a bit and lent over feeling his ankle when the ball went out of play after about 15 mins.

He's not looked right all season. Anything about his relationship with Jol is purely speculation. I felt he had it tough last night, up against two physical centre backs, and he looked very isolated at times. Wouldn't want to lose him at all.