News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR I think SAF got his reality check today......

Started by JohnKovacs, December 08, 2011, 12:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnKovacs

On Nov. 23, when interviewed by BBC journo Matt Slater, SAF denied any struggles, even replied back..."did you see us, we're not struggling, are you serious". 

And as far as today's match, MUFC fielded their strongest side, and lost to Basel. Congrats to them.

FatFreddysCat

Firstly, welcome to FOF John, you've got a big thread on the Offal about you joining here(you may not be able to read it if your banned). Me and LB get an honouray mention as well, so thanks. If they go out of the FA Cup, their season is over before Xmas, i have nothing against Manure (i do against so called Cockney Reds)but it is funny to see them floundering  :011:.  Anyhow once again welcome. it's much better here.

JohnKovacs

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 12:56:56 AM
Firstly, welcome to FOF John, you've got a big thread on the Offal about you joining here(you may not be able to read it if your banned). Me and LB get an honouray mention as well, so thanks. If they go out of the FA Cup, their season is over before Xmas, i have nothing against Manure (i do against so called Cockney Reds)but it is funny to see them floundering  :011:.  Anyhow once again welcome. it's much better here.

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum FatFreddysCat. I have been banned at the offal, but now after being on here for a week or so, I have realized that this forum is so much better. The group here is so much more knowledgeable and mature than what is over there. Here, I can sip on my coffee or tea and actually read Fulham related topics that contain useful information whilst getting feedback from intelligent, mature Fulham supporters. Again, thank you for the warm reception.

082.gif

Yarden

Just love that United lost, think they are in real trouble now, cant wait for the home match agianst them.
Easiest three points every season;)

Berserker

I think it will make it harder for us to beat if they havn't got the distraction of the champions league
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Berserker on December 08, 2011, 07:35:36 AM
I think it will make it harder for us to beat if they havn't got the distraction of the champions league

They still got the distraction of the Europa League  :dft012:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

rusty shackleford

Wonder when the Hangeland to utd to fill in for Vidic rumours will begin.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 08, 2011, 09:18:42 AM

They wont.

Hangeland is not English and is too old for them. Much more likely to go for Cahill.

ClarksOriginal

Welcome to FOF, John. I remember in the short time I was on CC we had a few friendly debates. I wasnt posting under ClarksOriginal, mind.  076.gif

I think the main problem with MUFC is that their midfield is so stale and has no creativity. I think SAF should have broke the bank in the summer by spending the £30m on Sneijder and even a new striker to boot. I think that Ashley Young, on the other hand, has been a good buy for United and has played well this season. Until they get some creativity in the midfield, in the form of Sneijder etc, even Cleverly, United will struggle to exploit Rooney, Nani & Young. Even then, SAF should be playing players in their right positions, EG Rooney is not a CAM/CM he is a CF and should be playing there week in week out.

065.gif
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 08, 2011, 10:23:33 AM
Welcome to FOF, John. I remember in the short time I was on CC we had a few friendly debates. I wasnt posting under ClarksOriginal, mind.  076.gif

I think the main problem with MUFC is that their midfield is so stale and has no creativity. I think SAF should have broke the bank in the summer by spending the £30m on Sneijder and even a new striker to boot. I think that Ashley Young, on the other hand, has been a good buy for United and has played well this season. Until they get some creativity in the midfield, in the form of Sneijder etc, even Cleverly, United will struggle to exploit Rooney, Nani & Young. Even then, SAF should be playing players in their right positions, EG Rooney is not a CAM/CM he is a CF and should be playing there week in week out.

065.gif

fully agree about Man U's mid field I've been saying this for 3 years,and that's how to attack them.Man U have some tricky, fast wingers and that's where they are still very dangerous,but a Murphy pass could split there mid field in half and open them right up and their defence isn't the strongest-could be a very interesting game :clap_hands:

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 08, 2011, 11:01:19 AM

065.gif

fully agree about Man U's mid field I've been saying this for 3 years,and that's how to attack them.Man U have some tricky, fast wingers and that's where they are still very dangerous,but a Murphy pass could split there mid field in half and open them right up and their defence isn't the strongest-could be a very interesting game :clap_hands:

Vidic out for 4 months, Ferdinand looking very shaking + out of form, Smalling we know all about, Evans is dire. Rafael and Fabio are unpredictable. Cleverly + Anderson are out, Fletcher is out of form.

I smell three points.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 08, 2011, 11:18:44 AM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 08, 2011, 11:01:19 AM

065.gif

Vidic out for 4 months, Ferdinand looking very shaking + out of form, Smalling we know all about, Evans is dire. Rafael and Fabio are unpredictable. Cleverly + Anderson are out, Fletcher is out of form.

I smell three points.

I would agree, but dont want to get too excited yet.

Lets hope they trundle along for the next few weeks looking ok, then we shock them at the cottage

epsomraver

Quote from: JohnKovacs on December 08, 2011, 02:16:25 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 08, 2011, 12:56:56 AM

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum FatFreddysCat. I have been banned at the offal, but now after being on here for a week or so, I have realized that this forum is so much better. The group here is so much more knowledgeable and mature than what is over there. Here, I can sip on my coffee or tea and actually read Fulham related topics that contain useful information whilst getting feedback from intelligent, mature Fulham supporters. Again, thank you for the warm reception.

082.gif

That leaves Fred out then! 098.gif 098.gif

cebu

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 08, 2011, 09:18:42 AM

It just did!  :005:

Stop it ..... please   :012:

CULTUREVULTURE

On one hand it's great for English football. The financial loss will accelerate United's decline and act as a sort of leveller with other clubs. But on the other hand it's not good for us. A real road block in the way of us winning the Europa (not that I was taking that for granted or anything).

And welcome to John Kovacs.

Logicalman

Welcome to the MB John, as you said, you get a lot of intelligent conversation here, though there are some great contributors on the Offal site, it can be difficult to read past some of the slanging that goes to and fro, and can ruin a great, thoughtful thread, just a pity, that's all.

As to your thread, yep, nice to the ManUre lose to a team that we managed to put to bed a couple of seasons back and as for them 'dropping' into the Europa League, it's a mixed bag as to whether SAF takes it seriously, or tries to save face by claiming its the same as the Carling Cup, and he has other things to concentrate on, thus hedging his bets as to getting slammed by one of our 'lower' teams.