News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely đź”’
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone revive the Dembele is crap thread ?

Started by FatFreddysCat, December 09, 2011, 12:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

You know the one, where loads slagged him , but i said he will become a monster and prove you all wrong. Would be interesting to see how opinions have changed,and to see the few that backed him, rather than he just runs in circles etc etc. Job for WN perhaps  :Haynes The Maestro:

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 09, 2011, 12:42:39 AM
You know the one, where loads slagged him , but i said he will become a monster and prove you all wrong. Would be interesting to see how opinions have changed,and to see the few that backed him, rather than he just runs in circles etc etc. Job for WN perhaps  :Haynes The Maestro:

gloater  :dft012:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 09, 2011, 12:46:31 AM

I am after all Fulham's most successful manager  :dft003:

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 09, 2011, 12:48:31 AM

truth is in terms of players, I can't recall you being wrong about much...in fact I can't think of anyone or anything.

Snibbo

I just wish he could shoot. At least he's stopped shooting with his shin, and is now using his boot. He just needs to be able to place it wide of the keeper, but not wide of the posts. :dft012:

Jack Fulham

Fantastic dribbler, shame about his finishing. Jol loves bigging him up at the moment, first the comparison to Van Der Vaart (really?) and then he said Dembele will be as good as Raul, he's going to be one the best in the prem etc. It's almost as if Jol is trying to sell him by singing his praises all the time. Most exciting player we've had at Fulham in a long time.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 09, 2011, 12:55:55 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 09, 2011, 12:48:31 AM

truth is in terms of players, I can't recall you being wrong about much...in fact I can't think of anyone or anything.
Neither can i, but then again i flood the mb,so bound to get a fair few right,i'm just very good at burying the wrong calls. Right goodnight, i'm out of booze and work beckons, though luckily a miday start.

JohnKovacs

He's been fantastic this year. I still can't believe how he squandered the 1 v 1 versus Reina on Monday. He has incredible touch, all he had to do was a final touch to his right for an open net. Oh well, no big deal, we still got the result we wanted.

jarv

Jack, most exciting player? Agree, probably since Steed in his early days. 098.gif

Basil

Jol always lavishing praise on him is a good move. On the one hand makes him feel valued and wanted here and makes his consider staying her for a bit longer to develop more..or on the other hand if his mind is made up about moving on then it raises his profile in the Premier League and in Eurpoe and consquently his market value. I think Jol is playing this well.

Burt

I think he's great. He's the only player who creates a buzz of anticipation when he collects the ball in the crowd. His dribbling and control skills are superb. Sure he could be a better finisher, but you can level that accusation to our entire front line at the moment.

Just hope 'Arry doesn't get his thieving mitts on him in the next window.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

posted 19th march 2011

Doesn't cross like a winger

Doesn't shoot like a striker

Good at beating one or even two players, but no killer final ball

Whay exactly does he do for us, other than look cool?

Since then in the premiership according to ESPN soccernet ...

2011/12 Barclays Premier League
GAMES 14 GOALS 1 ASSISTS 0  SHOTS 27

Nothing appears to have changed other than he is looking even cooler, even when being sent off...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on December 09, 2011, 11:28:23 AM
posted 19th march 2011

Nothing appears to have changed other than he is looking even cooler, even when being sent off...

I would argue he brings ball retention to the team that allows Fulham to get a foothold in matches.

Murphy is great, but can be crowded out in midfield, Dembele offers an 'out' ball for the defence/midfield which enables Fulham to keep hold of the ball and try to build up play. This is even more crucial when Zamora is not there or struiggling.

With Dembele and Ruiz in the team, I am excited for the rest of the season.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 09, 2011, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on December 09, 2011, 11:28:23 AM
posted 19th march 2011

I would argue he brings ball retention to the team that allows Fulham to get a foothold in matches.

Murphy is great, but can be crowded out in midfield, Dembele offers an 'out' ball for the defence/midfield which enables Fulham to keep hold of the ball and try to build up play. This is even more crucial when Zamora is not there or struiggling.

With Dembele and Ruiz in the team, I am excited for the rest of the season.

If he could just  keep his head in the box and manage to avoid the keeper when he shoots, he could probably be our top scorer this season...