https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Return Of The Digger

Started by White Noise, December 09, 2011, 08:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Davies back after six of the worst

Published: Today

FULHAM winger Simon Davies is set to end his six-month injury hell at Swansea tomorrow.

Davies has been out with a knee injury suffered in Fulham's opening game of their Europa League campaign in June.

But he came through a 70-minute run-out for the reserves this week and boss Martin Jol is set to take him to Wales.

Jol, last night, said: "He gave himself seven out of 10 fitness-wise. If he's fine tomorrow, I'll put him in the squad."

Midfielder Danny Murphy is rated 50-50 for the Swansea clash after injuring his ankle against Liverpool on Monday.

Meanwhile, Jol has told former Real Madrid ace Raul he does not need him — because he has Mousa Dembele.

Schalke forward Raul is out of contract this summer and has been linked with Fulham.

But Jol said: "We have our own star in that position. Mousa Dembele is on his way to being a fantastic player."

BalDrick

Too early this time sadly but Simon could play the Murph role better than a lot of others. But can't see him doing 90 minutes anyway so unlikely to happen.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

Stoked if he's on the bench come Saturday!

BalDrick

Were I going (and I'm not; instead we're at the in-laws), I'd be seriously tempted to have a few quid on him scoring.

Burt

Can't see him starting if he has only had a limited time run-out for the reserves.

70th minute sub.

ClarksOriginal

It'd be good to see what kind of reception he'd get from the Welsh fans as well as our lot.

I'm going on Saturday and I can't wait!!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

os5889

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 09, 2011, 09:23:30 AM
It'd be good to see what kind of reception he'd get from the Welsh fans as well as our lot.

Same, cant wait, Ill be the fan in the Fulham end with the welsh accent!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: os5889 on December 09, 2011, 09:29:03 AM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 09, 2011, 09:23:30 AM

Same, cant wait, Ill be the fan in the Fulham end with the welsh accent!

I'll keep my ears open for you then! I'll be the young lad with Paul Weller hair and a leather jacket on.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

dont stand me down

I'll be there as well,on the 10.45 from Paddington,anyone got a link for THAT goal against Hamburg-the ball by Murphy(how are we to replace him)?and the skill by Simon as good as anything I've seen in my 35+years of going too the Cottage.Welcome back Simon.Still go misty eyed at the thought of that match.

White Noise

Quote from: dont stand me down on December 09, 2011, 10:35:01 AM
I'll be there as well,on the 10.45 from Paddington,anyone got a link for THAT goal against Hamburg-the ball by Murphy(how are we to replace him)?and the skill by Simon as good as anything I've seen in my 35+years of going too the Cottage.Welcome back Simon.Still go misty eyed at the thought of that match.

http://www.twitvid.com/8HNEC

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on December 09, 2011, 10:37:32 AM
Quote from: dont stand me down on December 09, 2011, 10:35:01 AM

http://www.twitvid.com/8HNEC

Marvellous, plus there's the Gera winner on there - those goals will never fail to bring a tear to my eye, in fact that whole game. Was telling my brother about the Stand Up if You Still Believe the other week, I was filling up just telling the story. My top Fulham game of all time, just absolutely mental.

dont stand me down

Thanks WN,yes that chant wow that really was an extraordinary time for our club,Sir Roy did a fantastic job.

White Noise

For a short time all football fans in England loved Fulham.

Simon Davies = the reason behind the new £30 million stand.