watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Early team news for the Odense game...

Started by mrska, December 13, 2011, 02:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Team News: Chris Baird and Damien Duff are available for selection on Wednesday night when Fulham face Odense BK in the UEFA Europa League at Craven Cottage. Martin Jol is hopeful Mark Schwarzer will be fit to play but Danny Murphy (ankle injury) and Steve Sidwell (hernia op) miss out.

mrska

Europa League clash with Odense.

Martin Jol had left the England striker out of the matchday squad for Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Swansea and rumours circulated of a fall out between Zamora and his manager. With Andy Johnson suspended after his sending off in the 1-0 defeat by Twente and Bryan Ruiz ineligible, it looks likely that Zamora will start up front.

Chris Baird, who has missed Fulham's last three games for personal reasons, is back in the squad as is Damien Duff, who has recovered from the calf injury that forced him off early against Twente. Captain Danny Murphy will not be available as he continues to recover from the ankle injury sustained in the dying minutes of last week's win over Liverpool, while the make-or-break tie against Odense also comes too soon for Steve Sidwell, who is still recuperating from a hernia operation.

Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer will undergo a late fitness test after falling awkwardly at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday – with Philippines international Neil Etheridge on standby for his first start for the club.

BalDrick

See nothing there that need concern us - frankly if we can't beat them without Murph and Schwarz, we want taking outside and shooting anyway. Davies to play central again, Duffer it'll be good to see again too, likewise Bairdinho.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

cebu

I wouldn't mind seeing Baird play in midfield, though I have no problems if Digger gets the nod.

BalDrick

Quote from: cebu on December 13, 2011, 03:53:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Baird play in midfield, though I have no problems if Digger gets the nod.

Do you think he can play the Murph role though? Etuhu, to be fair, has had a succession of - by his standards - blinders, so he's in.

Digger to play 70 minutes, by which time the points are ours, then takes a rest and Baird steps up. Or something.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 13, 2011, 04:16:39 PM

Do you think he can play the Murph role though? Etuhu, to be fair, has had a succession of - by his standards - blinders, so he's in.

Digger to play 70 minutes, by which time the points are ours, then takes a rest and Baird steps up. Or something.

Baird was the man who dominated Juventus from Centre Mid, so I think he can definitely hold his own against Odense

ClarksOriginal

I'd, personally like a midfield 4 of:

Dempsey, Gecov, Davies and Frei. Good mix of experience and flair in there.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 13, 2011, 04:22:34 PM

+1 
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

cebu

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 13, 2011, 04:21:16 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 13, 2011, 04:16:39 PM

Baird was the man who dominated Juventus from Centre Mid, so I think he can definitely hold his own against Odense

This is actually what I had in mind, but I wasn't suggesting that Dickson needs to be dropped.

TWFL

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on December 13, 2011, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 13, 2011, 04:22:34 PM

+1 

I'd usually agree but considering that if we don't win this we might not qualify I'd rather start with the more experienced players and then put them (Frei and Gecov) on after 60 or so minutes and let them do the rest..