News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts for what it's worth on Okaka...

Started by Tktd, March 15, 2010, 04:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

I have a feeling we probably wont see him much more this season but we'll take him on for next season.

In my honest opinion I think Roy thinks he's too good to play this season and is keeping him under wraps.

to me he's the most complete youngster I've seen at Fulham arguably ever. He's been in and out of the Roma squad and has roven ability in scoring in the Serie A and also has proven he can score in England in Fulhams system.

He's physically ready and is a big guy who obviously has a lot of pace on him and a keen eye for goal...

The reason why it makes sense not to play him soo much, is that it'll alert other teams to his availability which would make securing a full season second season loan to which Roy may think he's going to hit the premiership by storm or he expects great things from.

Anyway it may seem pointless but it's my 5 cence for what it's worth.

I don't think Roy would want to risk not having a player of his supposed calibre and future reputation and influence slip out of his fingers just for however many games he's been here for and available considering he's had to acclimatise to the speed of the Premiership and another country at such a young age especially as he hasn't been able to play in Europa League. Maybe Roy thought he wouldn't be able to make the most of Okaka at the moment due to everyone elses fatigue!?

Meh... what do you think of the theory?

Basically I don't expect to see Okaka much more this season but expect him to be signed for a season long loan next season.

WhiteJC

if Okaka doesn't get any playing time, I don't think he'll want to stay here

timmyg

I think we will see him from here on out.

Nevland, sadly, has been either injured or greatly under-preforming the last few months and I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday was his swan song.

My math may be off a tad but he's played just 216 minutes since Thanksgiving (11/25), compared to the 600-plus minutes he played from August to late November.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Serotonin

Interesting post tktd, I often wondered why we haven't seen more of him. He certainly seems enthusiastic, and I'd love it if Roy really thought he was to good to play, but in reality we keep seeing Elm, or yesterday at OT when Okaka was warming up for an eternity up and down the line, only for Nevland to be sent on, I fear WhiteJC is correct... He was getting more game time at Roma, why would he choose to stick around?

bobby01

Roy seems to prefer experience imho, i doubt we will see much of him sadly as he looks far better than Elm. Whitejc i fear is right, why stay if you are not playing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Tktd

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 15, 2010, 05:31:09 PM
if Okaka doesn't get any playing time, I don't think he'll want to stay here

I'm not sure you're right on this one... Recently Okaka was quoted in an Italian article saying that he's really enjoying himself at Fulham.

He hasn't played much admittedly but at his age it's all about learning and I believe that Hodgson is teaching him loads to the point that Okaka understands where Roy is coming from when he doesn't play him as much.

I also reckon tht with the view in place to see another years loan Roy will probably have taken Okaka to the side and told Okaka that he will see limited time in the team this season as he see's it as a learning and settling in period, something I think Okaka appreciates as he realizes the difference of the Premiership in terms of physicality and tactically then Serie A. Also there are a lot of cultural issues such as language Okaka will want to overcome for when playing in the team which Roy wont want to rush especially as he's in his early 20's.

I wouldn't be suprised if Roy used this period to help Okaka have a stepping stone for next season which will make him soo much more effectiv in the long run due to his more stable foundations in England and understanding of the Premiership and physicality of it all, whilst also being a lot more familiar to the players in the squad and also by giving him a taste of the league from the bench it'll make Okaka more eager  stay here next season as it'll give him something to really look forward to... playing at Old Trafford for example!!!

epsomraver

Your theory Tktd  re hiding him till next season doesn't hold up as we have the right to sign him for next season anyway , that is what I understood

Tktd

Quote from: epsomraver on March 15, 2010, 06:11:58 PM
Your theory Tktd  re hiding him till next season doesn't hold up as we have the right to sign him for next season anyway , that is what I understood

But what would happen if he played incredibly well for us and then, whilst we got given the primary option to sign him someone else came in to sign him on loan, which to Okaka was more appealing so he turned down a move to us on a season long loan?!

If noone apart from Us and roma really know what he's about then there's a lot less likelihood that he'd be given other potentially more appealing options!

We may have options to get him in on a season long loan but doesn't mean he can't turn it down if he thinks himself it's not worth it or he's not learning enough!....

cebu

There aren't any players out there in European football "that nobody knows about" any more. Those days are long since gone.

bigalffc

I would have started him at manure if he doesn't get on against citeh then i think his moment will have past. can't see him staying for our bench either.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

finnster01

Roy will resign Elm in the summer and let Nevland and Okaka go.

Trust me, I know
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tktd

Quote from: cebu on March 15, 2010, 07:09:03 PM
There aren't any players out there in European football "that nobody knows about" any more. Those days are long since gone.

But there are a heck of a lot of players who teams don't know if they can cope in the premiership... or premiership players that can cope in spain etc etc... It's constantly referred to by managers that you need to be a cetain type of player to succeed in the premiership.

cebu

Agreed Tktd, a foreign player getting his first shot in the prem is always a risk for any club. I think that's what happened with Stoor; he looked promising abroad, but hasn't made a positive impact at Fulham.

AlFayedsChequebook

I hope you are right Tktd, but in my heart of hearts I just cannot see Okaka's loan being extended. It would be a great shame if he left having only played a few games, but I think that is what will happen. Maybe he will get a runout against Hull?

alfie

Come on chaps we all know what would happen, if Roys shows the slightest interest in signing this chap

Harry Redcrap will come and take him, he is very clever in that he does not have to go checking out players he lets Fulham do it for him. :034:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

well, he's got a good attitude; he's quick, fast and strong; he's doing very well in the reserves. I think we'll ship him off to Greece.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel