watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by earlbeatty, December 17, 2011, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCheviot

I loved the Hughes & Hangeland partnership, but as mentioned Senderous has earned the spot due to merit. He provides needed additional height, and he's crafty enough to tread the line between fouls and penalties. I definitely think our distribution from the back is better when he's in, mainly b/c I've being paying closer attention to Hughes passing of late and haven't been very impressed.

Plus he's only 26 and has many good years ahead of him. Here's hoping he & Brede will provide at least as many solid years as H&H did.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

cmg

'accident waiting to happen' is one of the more annoying of the many clichés that get bandied about.

Please be assured that all players with defensive roles are 'accidents waiting to happen', it's the nature of the job. The trick is not to let them happen.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: cmg on December 18, 2011, 03:59:09 PM

'accident waiting to happen' is one of the more annoying of the many clichés that get bandied about.

Please be assured that all players with defensive roles are 'accidents waiting to happen', it's the nature of the job. The trick is not to let them happen.

The other one that is annoying is "a red card waiting to happen", often levelled at Sidders. Remind me, how many times has he been sent off since he joined us?
Hell, what HAVE I said.  fp.gif

Mitch

You know as soon as it happens, ie a Senderos gaff/Sidwell sending off, they will come out the woodwork claiming their preconceived ideas were right all along.
For me it comes down to a lack of their football knowledge and understanding of the game.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Mitch on December 18, 2011, 05:46:51 PM
You know as soon as it happens, ie a Senderos gaff/Sidwell sending off, they will come out the woodwork claiming their preconceived ideas were right all along.
For me it comes down to a lack of their football knowledge and understanding of the game.

In fairness to the woodworms, Sidwell does have a higher than [squad] average number of yellows per game.

alfie

Quote from: KCat on December 18, 2011, 12:52:27 PM
Senderos is like a good fake handbag,  looks great  at a distance, but on close inspection the stitching is dodgy and the hardware is a tad tarnished .............................. basically...........................he will let us down at the big event     096.gig

I always loved Pascal Zuberbühler, he never got a chance, but he was always there with encouraging words and celebrated with   to the other players
................................................................and  always appeared to be a team player and enjoyed his time with us.

KCat why can't you just have a bit of faith in your players, this guy came here picked up a serious injury worked bloody hard to recover, get fit and work his way into the team, yes he has had the odd blip but then so has Hangerland so Has Murphy, give the guy a little credit and if it does happen then i am sure you will be straight on here saying I told you so.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LRCN

went nuts when he signed because he is absolute class and on the level of hangeland when he is confident and playing well. he suffered a crisis of confidence at arsenal which turned him from teenager in the champions league final to a parody of a defender but where is a better place than fulham to rescue a career? brilliant bit of work from roy and im really glad he's playign consistently now.

Mitch

When you consider the prices paid for Scott Dann and Roger Johnson, fees quoted for Samba and Gary Chaill, how lucky are we to have got Senderos for absolutely zip!?

Burt

Don't understand all the bad-mouthing. He is in the side on merit, and has slotted in well.

NogoodBoyo

The man is steel hard.   He can pass.   He works well with Hangeland to the extent they will soon be called Hangeros and Sendeland.  Sorry, KC, can't fly with you on this one.
Nogood "Senderoff is not dross, isit" Boyo

Snibbo

Just to add my voice to the "Senderos has done very little wrong" lobby.

Even Brede makes mistakes. I can think of a dodgy header into the danger area in the 2nd half v Bolton, and there is an argument that he was seriously out of position for the 2nd Odense goal. Not having a go at Brede, but if Senderos did either of those, he would be crucified.

finnster01

I take Hughes over Senderos any day.

Senderos may be a better player (and younger), but Hughes compliments Hangers better
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Will be Fulham Captain once Danny steps down. Hangeland too diffident.

Fulham_Adam

I believe Senderos is part of the defence that holds the record for most amount of minutes without conceding a goal at the world cup?

Personally as much as I love Hughes I believe Senderos is a better player.
The past is told by those who win.

TonyGilroy

Senderos impresses me and being 6 years younger than Hughes is a perfectly sound reason for prefering him.

Only 3 teams have conceded fewer goals than us so whatever the criticism of Jol he clearly has not weakened us defensively.

Tom

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 19, 2011, 08:32:28 AM

Senderos impresses me and being 6 years younger than Hughes is a perfectly sound reason for prefering him.

Only 3 teams have conceded fewer goals than us so whatever the criticism of Jol he clearly has not weakened us defensively.
Nicely said Tony!
Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mitch on December 18, 2011, 08:02:03 PM
When you consider the prices paid for Scott Dann and Roger Johnson, fees quoted for Samba and Gary Chaill, how lucky are we to have got Senderos for absolutely zip!?

Thanks for this point,  when you mentioned it I was thinking 'damn!' what a deal we got!

If Senderos becomes as good as Hangeland (and at this stage, there is no reason why he shouldn't) then we will have had two of the best defenders in the prem playing for us for £2.5m in transfer fees. Someone get the scouting department a bottle of champagne. To put this into perspective, Richard Dunne = £6m, Joleon Lescott = £22m

finnster01

And allegedly Zat Knight = £4m by Bolton...  080.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mitch

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on December 19, 2011, 08:26:17 AM
I believe Senderos is part of the defence that holds the record for most amount of minutes without conceding a goal at the world cup?

Personally as much as I love Hughes I believe Senderos is a better player.

In fairness, he came off early in the Spain game with an injury.

Ed

You wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night though!