watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by earlbeatty, December 17, 2011, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

Finnster, is there ANYTHING good at fulham that you vaguely like?

Everything is always crap, hughes out, jol out, zamora out, senderos out... we need this player and this player and good old days and this and that.

Just cheer up for once  :014:

Jack Fulham

Agree with everything Lork said. Senderos was one of the most in demand players when he was younger but chose to go Arsenal. Hopefully he's settled now because he's class. People say he fouls too much but sometimes they benefit us i.e Liverpool, they would of been in. Hughes would never make those challenges. Sometimes you have to make tactical fouls and Senderos is very good at it.

cmg

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on December 19, 2011, 08:26:17 AM
I believe Senderos is part of the defence that holds the record for most amount of minutes without conceding a goal at the world cup?

Personally as much as I love Hughes I believe Senderos is a better player.

Yes, Senderos played in the Swiss defence that did not concede a goal in actual play the 2006 WC, although he missed the quarter-final through injury. He was a teenage sensation, who didn't quite make it to the predicted levels....until now!

And the goalkeeper behind this remarkable record?......

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: cmg on December 19, 2011, 01:27:08 PM
I believe Senderos is part of the defence that holds the record for most amount of minutes without conceding a goal at the world cup?

Yes, Senderos played in the Swiss defence that did not concede a goal in actual play the 2006 WC, although he missed the quarter-final through injury. He was a teenage sensation, who didn't quite make it to the predicted levels....until now!

One Pascal Zuberbuhler...
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

zzamora

I know this one!

PASCAL ZUBERHULER

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: zzamora on December 19, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

I know this one!

PASCAL ZUBERHULER

Beat you too it Mr Z. Gutted ;)
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

cmg

Yes, sir.

We were fortunate with injuries while he was with us and therefore he was not required.
He was a fine professional and did excellent work on the coaching side.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: cmg on December 19, 2011, 01:34:25 PM
Yes, sir.

We were fortunate with injuries while he was with us and therefore he was not required.

I remember meeting him after one of the games, he's a very nice chap to boot. You could tell he kept himself in good nick. Would have loved to have kept Zubi.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 19, 2011, 01:38:28 PM
Quote from: cmg on December 19, 2011, 01:34:25 PM
Yes, sir.

I remember meeting him after one of the games, he's a very nice chap to boot. You could tell he kept himself in good nick. Would have loved to have kept Zubi.

He is Phillipines National Team goalkeeping coach at the moment.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

cmg

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 19, 2011, 01:42:55 PM

He is Phillipines National Team goalkeeping coach at the moment.

Well, well. Thanks for that. Can't be a coincidence, can it?

zzamora

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 19, 2011, 01:34:07 PM
Quote from: zzamora on December 19, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

I know this one!

PASCAL ZUBERHULER

Beat you too it Mr Z. Gutted ;)

damn. Just the one quiz question I knew...

Reindeer

Phil is a top player.  Glad to see he is finally changing some peoples opinion.

The stick he got at the start of the season, coupled with people on here cheering the fact he got injured on international duty, show's just how much his game has developed.

Phil is part of the bigger picture and we would do well to remember that.

zzamora

Quote from: Reindeer on December 19, 2011, 03:12:41 PM

The stick he got at the start of the season, coupled with people on here cheering the fact he got injured on international duty, show's just how much his game has developed.

Oh great,we're gonna have a good stir whilst we're at it. Stir stir and bloody stir.  086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif

Lets stir some more while we're here?  086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif

Cheering wasn't the word, retweeting is more the word.

Lets stir ! 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: zzamora on December 19, 2011, 03:35:26 PM

Oh great,we're gonna have a good stir whilst we're at it. Stir stir and bloody stir.  086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif 086.gif

Easy chaps. Lets act mature about this yeah.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

HatterDon

While the Hughes-Hangeland tandem is probably the best centre-half pairing I've seen in club football over almost 50 years of watching, I think that Senderos is probably the better of Hughes now. It could very well be that trying Hughes at RB was Jol's experiment to see if he could retain Hughes's calm and vision. I don't think it worked, and it's possible that Hughes may be one of those on his way out in January.

What a brilliant player he has been for us; having said that, I think Senderos is going to prove to be an upgrade.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

There's no doubt that Senderos is Hangeland's new defensive partner for the forseeable future, and although he still has his clumsy moments there is no doubt that not having the weight of 60,000 fans waiting for you to mess up (though going about it quietly) every week is really doing him good. The phrase "he's found his level" comes to mind, and we're reaping the reward.
touch my camera through the fence

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 19, 2011, 08:32:28 AM

Senderos impresses me and being 6 years younger than Hughes is a perfectly sound reason for prefering him.

Only 3 teams have conceded fewer goals than us so whatever the criticism of Jol he clearly has not weakened us defensively.

I think as a group, we have overlooked this hard to ignore fact. While we are not scoring enough, we remain difficult to breakdown because our back four overall cohesiveness with Hangeland anchoring the group.  Thank you again Roy Hodgson.

Reindeer

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 19, 2011, 03:37:41 PM

Sorry, I didn't realise you were 8 years old.  I'll let this one alone and be glad you've changed your opinion. 

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Reindeer on December 19, 2011, 04:20:56 PM

Sorry, I didn't realise you were 8 years old.  I'll let this one alone and be glad you've changed your opinion. 

Haha you two are silly poofaces and I know you are but what am I then and it takes one to know one.

Or something.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 19, 2011, 04:23:13 PM
Quote from: Reindeer on December 19, 2011, 04:20:56 PM

Haha you two are silly poofaces and I know you are but what am I then and it takes one to know one.

Or something.

You better not be calling me 8 years old Mr Reindeer or I'm going to put my finger in your eye, give you a wedgie and tell you mum. Ner.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.