watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by earlbeatty, December 17, 2011, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlbeatty

Loved his clenched fist celebrating after the game!!

Always good to see the players acknowledge the fans after the game and they all seemed well chuffed with the win (as was I!!).

Bring on that little mob from up North!!

Jack Fulham

Senderos put in a top performance today. Part of the reason we have the 2nd highest clean sheets in the league.

Travers Barney

Senderos really hasn't done too much wrong since he came into the team bar dislodging one of the clubs finest central defensive partnerships and thats hardly his fault.

Just wish some of the fans around where I sit would stop digging him out at every opportunity.

We are the whites
We are the whites

DevonFFC

Watched the celebration there was pride and excitement in it, something not seen with all the players getting involved and genuine applaud!!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Senderos is like a good fake handbag,  looks great  at a distance, but on close inspection the stitching is dodgy and the hardware is a tad tarnished .............................. basically...........................he will let us down at the big event     096.gig

I always loved Pascal Zuberbühler, he never got a chance, but he was always there with encouraging words and celebrated with   to the other players
................................................................and  always appeared to be a team player and enjoyed his time with us.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: KCat on December 18, 2011, 12:52:27 PM
Senderos is like a good fake handbag,  looks great  at a distance, but on close inspection the stitching is dodgy and the hardware is a tad tarnished .............................. basically...........................he will let us down at the big event     096.gig

Based on?

Everyone has been saying this as if it is the surest thing in the world.

Every player has the potential to mess up big time, and some players have this season, but Senderos has been near perfect. The stick he gets because people think he looks like an 'accident waiting to happen' is beyond ridiculous.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We and he was very lucky ...that he was not sent off on a number of occasions this season.   That old chestnut of bundling a player over and putting your hands in the air  to indicate :  ''  It  weren't me gov ..honest ''  only works now and then
Senderos has had his now and then !!!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: KCat on December 18, 2011, 01:03:17 PM
We and he was very lucky ...that he was not sent off on a number of occasions this season.   That old chestnut of bundling a player over and putting your hands in the air  to indicate :  ''  It  weren't me gov ..honest ''  only works now and then

He treads the line carefully. But that was once, against the tricky suarez, and his defending and fouling ultimately helped to get us 3 points.

epsomraver

And Sidwell hasn't ?Murphy hasn't ?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

.....but 'Raver ......Sidders and Murph are not  central defenders

Didn't Big Phil bring down Charlie Adams ???

SG

Quote from: KCat on December 18, 2011, 01:20:18 PM
.....but 'Raver ......Sidders and Murph are not  central defenders

Didn't Big Phil bring down Charlie Adams ???

I too am waiting for him to be the 'accident waiting to happen' (my Arsenal mate calls him Sendusdross) but please give him credit as it hasnt happened yet whenever he has played this season. Yes he did bring down Adams but that was because the midfielders you mentioned didnt do their job and allowed the situation to be one on one with Adams running unchallenged straight at a central defender.

epsomraver

Agreed, it is a very thin line between aggression and thuggery, I feel he wants to impress and keep his team place and tries sometimes a little too vigoursly

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 18, 2011, 01:06:29 PM

He treads the line carefully. But that was once, against the tricky suarez, and his defending and fouling ultimately helped to get us 3 points.

If we were Scousers we'd have been furious about the Senderos foul in that game.

Great player (I can see Hangeland/Senderos being our partnership for a while now), but he does tackle too hard sometimes I think.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 18, 2011, 01:39:48 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 18, 2011, 01:06:29 PM

If we were Scousers we'd have been furious about the Senderos foul in that game.

Great player (I can see Hangeland/Senderos being our partnership for a while now), but he does tackle too hard sometimes I think.

He had to make it. The challenge was a foul, but it wasn't malicious, just aimed at stopping him before he entered the area and could dive (as he is well known for). Cynical defending, but it stops us conceding. What if Hughes had done that when Saha burst alongside him and then scored? We would be 1 point better off.

Mitch

I can't stand the s**t Senderos gets. Hasn't let us down once since we signed him, battled back from a bad injury and is now infront Aaron Hughes on nothing but merit. Some fans have preconceived perceptions of players and won't alter them, despite what is infront of their eyes (more often than not, the ones who do this are the ones that attend once a season - you'll see them on twitter asking who's going to be in the Golden Lion, desperate to impress) - so they don't give players a chance. Senderos receives even more flack because he's replacing the Mr Reliable, a player who tends to have any mistakes ignored, and that's unfair on Senderos.

I'm glad he's turning the crowd around, as he clearly won over both Mark Hughes and Martin Jol. At 26, he is a progressive change that will not only improve us, but also he can stay with us for a good time.

We're going to see more favourites replaced soon - Hughes, Murphy, Zamora, AJ - due to age and form. I hope whoever comes in is given more of a chance initially than Senderos was afforded.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Mitch on December 18, 2011, 01:58:46 PM
We're going to see more favourites replaced soon - Hughes, Murphy, Zamora, AJ - due to age and form. I hope whoever comes in is given more of a chance initially than Senderos was afforded.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

There's optimism for you...

AlFayedsChequebook

I can't stand the s**t Senderos gets. Hasn't let us down once since we signed him, battled back from a bad injury and is now infront Aaron Hughes on nothing but merit. Some fans have preconceived perceptions of players and won't alter them, despite what is infront of their eyes (more often than not, the ones who do this are the ones that attend once a season - you'll see them on twitter asking who's going to be in the Golden Lion, desperate to impress) - so they don't give players a chance. Senderos receives even more flack because he's replacing the Mr Reliable, a player who tends to have any mistakes ignored, and that's unfair on Senderos.

I'm glad he's turning the crowd around, as he clearly won over both Mark Hughes and Martin Jol. At 26, he is a progressive change that will not only improve us, but also he can stay with us for a good time.

I would also add that Senderos is much better on the ball than Hughes. He can pass progressively on the floor and is totally comfortable on the ball. We look a better side with him and Hangeland at the back as they tend to hoof it much less.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO  tackling in front of goal is about timing, it takes a while for the defender to work out the attackers,  motion particularly if they have not played against them before.  If the defender has had success in the past against a particular Striker , the defender has the upper hand.
...a bit like ten people on a skipping rope  each person has to time their entry and exit so as not to disrupt the rope.

Philippe's  timing  makes me nervous, that's all I am saying.  

Mitch

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 18, 2011, 02:04:00 PM

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

There's optimism for you...

Well, it's going to happen isn't it? We might get people being anti Jol etc, but these players can't go on forever.

There's a real symmetry between us and Chelsea at the moment with new managers, new tactics, ageing squad.

It's going to be interesting!

Duncs

I was impressed with the way he was directing the other players on numerous occasions yesterday (in a good way - at least from where I could see).

He was continually marshaling them to hold the line and move forward.