https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Suarez banned for 8 games: Report Released 31 December 2011

Started by The King, December 20, 2011, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

ImperialWhite

Relieved.

Thought that the FA might bottle it - scared of damaging the brand and all that.

No place for racism in our game.

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 21, 2011, 01:37:30 AM
Relieved.

Thought that the FA might bottle it - scared of damaging the brand and all that.

No place for racism in our game.
:clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on December 20, 2011, 11:54:50 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on December 20, 2011, 08:46:46 PM
It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

What does this mean? If you are of mixed heritage that you get a free pass? This is truly an idiotic statement by Liverpool that I guess they think that he is not capable of doing what he did because he is of mixed race? Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything Mr RR, I know it pretty much first hand.

My fiance is mixed, I personally often get sh1t walking in Harlem by some old black power left overs. I should just whoop their arses but  know better, but sometimes I giggle if they knew what they were messing with. Some of these geezers have seen what I have seen but I have 10 years plus on them in my favour so I like the odds.

Anyway, I hope that his 8 games does not make that twit get a small waiver for flipping the finger at us.  

Finn, I bet you see it a lot. One more reason to be disgusted with Liverpool Football Club. Their stance on this is in a way, slimey, probably lawyer driven with the arguments they lay out there....anyway...moving on...

Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on December 20, 2011, 11:54:50 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on December 20, 2011, 08:46:46 PM
It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

What does this mean? If you are of mixed heritage that you get a free pass? This is truly an idiotic statement by Liverpool that I guess they think that he is not capable of doing what he did because he is of mixed race? Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything Mr RR, I know it pretty much first hand.

My fiance is mixed, I personally often get sh1t walking in Harlem by some old black power left overs. I should just whoop their arses but  know better, but sometimes I giggle if they knew what they were messing with. Some of these geezers have seen what I have seen but I have 10 years plus on them in my favour so I like the odds.

Anyway, I hope that his 8 games does not make that twit get a small waiver for flipping the finger at us.  

Totally agree Finn, and if - as it often seems to be in cases publicized - people believe that racism is one way then living in the States has opened my own eyes, as yours have been. Visiting Gary, IN, the amount of open anti-white racism is astounding, and if the same thing as happened to me there in a shop, had happened to a black person in any other part of Indiana, there would be Civil Rights campaigners crawling out the woodwork.

I am glad the FA had the nutz to do something, black on white or white on black, doesn't matter, making racist comments doesn't make you a racist, but it is still wrong and needs to be made an example of. The fact it happened to someone wearing red, just makes it that little more delicious.

os5889

Devils advocate here,

I have seen nor heard any evidence of Suarez committing any racially motivated offence.

Evra has cried wolf twice before.

"We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken."

That paragraph.

Plus the "offence" conveniently confirmed and ratified before christmas with no actual TV or corroborative evidence...If there were TV evidence we'd have seen it!

Tery on the other hand, we've all seen it, the offence was less than a week later and the FA do jack poo... Will Terry get an 8 match ban as he is 100% guilty in my mind. Will he heck! Suarez is getting a penalty so the FA can be seen as being decisive...

Delusional/Wrong/Incomprehensible decision!

Let me put this out there, if Evra was being turned inside out by Ruiz and Ruiz was accused of calling Evra anything in a penalty are at a corner and Ruiz got an 8 match ban even though nooone else heard or saw the event, no cameras picked it up and Evras a lying cheat would we be happy???

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on December 21, 2011, 10:27:31 AM
Devils advocate here,

I have seen nor heard any evidence of Suarez committing any racially motivated offence.

"We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken."

That paragraph.

Plus the "offence" conveniently confirmed and ratified before christmas with no actual TV or corroborative evidence...If there were TV evidence we'd have seen it!

Tery on the other hand, we've all seen it, the offence was less than a week later and the FA do jack sh1t... Will Terry get an 8 match ban as he is 100% guilty in my mind. Will he heck! Suarez is getting a penalty so the FA can be seen as being decisive...

Let me put this out there, if Evra was being turned inside out by Ruiz and Ruiz was accused of calling Evra anything in a penalty are at a corner and Ruiz got an 8 match ban even though nooone else heard or saw the event, no cameras picked it up and Evras a lying cheat would we be happy???

And Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison. MLK took a bullet for others.

Sometimes you have to make an example to stop some serious shite. I applaud the FA. Now slap the sad red bugger another 8 games for showing us the finger!

COYW!!

TonyGilroy

I suspect that there is some element of cultural misunderstanding but it's right that a message be sent that racist provocation won't be tolerated.

Assuming Terry is found guilty then he obviously must receive at least the same punishment probably more as there won't be cultural mitigation.

Mind you there's still an appeal to come.

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on December 21, 2011, 10:45:07 AM
Devils advocate here,

That paragraph.

Tery on the other hand, we've all seen it, the offence was less than a week later and the FA do jack sh1t... Will Terry get an 8 match ban as he is 100% guilty in my mind. Will he heck! Suarez is getting a penalty so the FA can be seen as being decisive...

Sometimes you have to make an example to stop some serious shite. I applaud the FA. Now slap the sad red bugger another 8 games for showing us the finger!

COYW!!

If it transpired that Suarez was racist then Im all for the ban make no mistake, I just find it astonishing no evidence has been produced beyond that of Evra's somewhat unconvincing word and a ban can be handed out! If it was one of our players I'd be livid!

As a white person I've had people play the race card as a justification for so many things... Evra has shown that if he doesnt like something he throws the race card out! I find that even lower and racist in itself!

finnster01

Owen,

You think they gave him 8 games based on no evidence? Come on, you are a lot smarter than that mate

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on December 21, 2011, 11:12:11 AM
Devils advocate here,

That paragraph.

COYW!!

If it transpired that Suarez was racist then Im all for the ban make no mistake, I just find it astonishing no evidence has been produced beyond that of Evra's somewhat unconvincing word and a ban can be handed out! If it was one of our players I'd be livid!

As a white person I've had people play the race card as a justification for so many things... Evra has shown that if he doesnt like something he throws the race card out! I find that even lower and racist in itself!

Mate, as I said earlier - Suarez admitted to calling Evra a 'negrito'. Is that not like pleading guilty? His entire defence was based on the fact he repeatedly said it, but Evra should not be offended.

Also, the Evra crying wolf thing was started by Liverpool fans after he accused him. He does not have 'form' for alleging racial abuse against others.

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on December 21, 2011, 11:18:49 AM
Owen,

You think they gave him 8 games based on no evidence? Come on, you are a lot smarter than that mate

We'll have to wait for the report to come out and Im sure there is some basis to the FA's decision but wouldnt be surprised if Brooking pulled a number out of his arse and decided on a ban...

But, if there was TV evidence we'd have seen it no? if another player had issued a statement or the referee had reported it as so your favourite club wouldn't have made the claims they had in their statement.

I may be overthinking this Mr Finn but innocent until proving guilty and all that lark and in my eyes while Suarez may not be a Saint I've not seen anything to prove these claims and as such until then the boy in this circumstance will not be chastised by me until there is something tangible in the public eye to cast an opinion on.

Could it be the penalty for "misconduct" has been passed as a result of a number of indiscretions counting against him? Or is Suarez the scapegoat to show swift and decisive FA action for the proven racism shown by England Captain John Terry...

The FA is as bad as FIFA when it comes to transparency!

Logicalman

This is why there is a call to make such hearings in public.

As Finn said, to believe the FA simply decided to make an example of such a high profile player without any evidence (I see the red poo press machine are doing a good job) does seem a little naive, though we all have our different levels of what we might call 'evidence'.

I do take the point that the complainant has cried wolf in the past, unsuccessfully, though remember, the sheep herder did finally get eaten, didn't he? together with Suarez contempt for other players and opposition fans, I would not put it past this guy to try and unsettle a player ( or wind him up in order to get a red) using such comments, especially such as Evra, a player quite easily wound up in the past.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 21, 2011, 11:25:36 AM
Quote from: os5889 on December 21, 2011, 11:12:11 AM
Devils advocate here,

That paragraph.

COYW!!

Mate, as I said earlier - Suarez admitted to calling Evra a 'negrito'. Is that not like pleading guilty? His entire defence was based on the fact he repeatedly said it, but Evra should not be offended.

Also, the Evra crying wolf thing was started by Liverpool fans after he accused him. He does not have 'form' for alleging racial abuse against others.

Suarez also called Evra a 'mono' - Spanish for monkey. You can see him calling Evra a 'mono' on some of the tape they played around the time the accusation was made.

Agree with the previous post about Russian & Spanish leagues, their concept of racism is totally off and even in the most high profile of games there are incidents that are disgusting.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

os5889

Lets just hope the truth comes out in the wash!

White Noise

All the Russian and Spanish people I have ever touched on issues of race and nationality with have admitted to being very racist by UK 'standards'.

os5889

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on December 21, 2011, 11:35:57 AM
Agree with the previous post about Russian & Spanish leagues, their concept of racism is totally off and even in the most high profile of games there are incidents that are disgusting.

So the question is posed, should we punish others for not being as educated or enlightened as us?

I'm sure the rest of the world looks at us as a bunch of weak undecisive oversensitive prudes.

White Noise

Quote from: os5889 on December 21, 2011, 11:46:00 AM

So the question is posed, should we punish others for not being as educated or enlightened as us?

I'm sure the rest of the world looks at us as a bunch of weak undecisive oversensitive prudes.

Russian people have said to me they never say please or thank you in their country and that to do so is taken as a sign of mental weakness.

AlFayedsChequebook

Yes, because Racism is all about being an oversensitive prude  :doh:

TBH, I dont really care what other countries think of us, and neither should you. We have our own moral compass and one of the things that is great about being british is that we are far more tolerant of others than in other countries.

finnster01

If the World Cup is anything to go by, I think the rest of the world has got us pretty much right.