Midfield

Etuhu
Murphy
Dempsey
Duff
Davies
Baird

Presumably you wouldn't drop Gera due to his partnership with Zamora

Also another decision you have to make...

Konchesky or Shorey!?

epsomraver

Konch purely on fresh legs, Dempsy as sub as it is early days for him.

Chopper

I think it's all about who is fresh and who needs a rest. There's a mildly important game next Wednesday and I think we should look to field our stongest team then however much that might grate for those of us going on Sunday.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Tktd

talk about avoiding the question - maybe I should've made it simpler... when everyone's fit and you have to choose, and everyone's played the same amount of games, who do you choose to play and who do you drop?

Brede Butter Pudding

Considering the game on Wednesday is SO much more important than a clash with City, this owuld be my starting XI:

Schwarz

Kelly    Hughes/Hangeland     Smalling     Shorey

Riise      Murphy      Dika        Greening

Okaka        Nevland/Zamora

TonyGilroy

OK.

It's the Cup Final and everyone's fit and available. I'd go

Schwartzer

Baird   Hughes    Hangeland   Konchesky

Duff Murphy  Etuhu   Dempsey

Gera   Zamora

Bench of

Zuberbuhler  Pantsil   Smalling   Greening    Davies   Okaka   Johnson.

Some good players get left out 

Shorey  Digochai   Riise   Elm   Nevland Kelly

That's how strong we are.

SuffolkWhite

If it was a Cup Final,

Schwartzer
Pantsil           Hughes          Hang                Konch

Duff             Baird/Etuhu               Murph               Demps

Gera
                                     Zamora

Subs
Shorey
Johnson
Okakakakakakaka
Etuhu/Baird
Zube
Smalling
Risse
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Crede15

Everyone fit

Schwartzer

Paintsil Hughes Hangeland Konch

Duff Etuhu Murphy Dempsey

Gera

Zamora

Bench

Zuberbuhler Smalling Shorey Baird Davies Riise Johnson

Baird/Greening/Etuhu is the toughest choice but Etuhu with Murphy provides good balance. Plus Baird could conceivably play multiple positions off the bench.

Tktd

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 20, 2010, 06:50:00 PM
If it was a Cup Final,

Schwartzer

Gera
                                     Zamora

Subs
Shorey
Johnson
Okakakakakakaka
Etuhu/Baird
Zube
Smalling
Risse

No Davies?...

Also, it's amazing, no? that everyone has just dropped davies  soo easily, yet he set up a goal against Juve and also hit the bar which was arguably more then Duff did!...

The wingers situation is the hardest... I also firmly believe that Dempsey on the wing is a waste as he's not half as effective on the wing as he is in the middle of the park!

Chopper

Everyone fit, same for me.

Schwarzer

Paintsil Hughes Hangeland Konch

Duff Etuhu Murphy Dempsey

Gera

Zamora

Davies played a blinder on Thursday but hasn't been on that form for a while. Dempsey can do that stuff from the wing as well, Gera's really effective in the hole.

If Simon gets back to his best then Maybe bring him back on the right and push Dempsey up front. Though ideally we'd have a proper strike partner for Bobby Z. Maybe that's a fully fit AJ maybe that's someone new.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

PaulUMD

Quote from: Tktd on March 20, 2010, 07:19:11 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 20, 2010, 06:50:00 PM
If it was a Cup Final,

Schwartzer

Gera
                                     Zamora

Subs
Shorey
Johnson
Okakakakakakaka
Etuhu/Baird
Zube
Smalling
Risse

No Davies?...

Also, it's amazing, no? that everyone has just dropped davies  soo easily, yet he set up a goal against Juve and also hit the bar which was arguably more then Duff did!...

The wingers situation is the hardest... I also firmly believe that Dempsey on the wing is a waste as he's not half as effective on the wing as he is in the middle of the park!

1) Demps was in ridiculous form prior to his injury, and has looked good since coming back.  If he's fit, he's #1 with a bullet on the left wing

2) He's a right footed player, and playing on the left allows him (and Duff, a lefty playing RW) the opportunity to turn inside and create chances.  He's in the middle as much as he is on the wing.

3) Davies had a great match last week, but hasn't been consistently that sharp.  Certainly not enough to take Demps' job.

CorkedHat

Somebody mention Konchesky? Cue KCat.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Crede15

Duff was fantastic against Juve I thought. Although that list is long.

Anyway, no matter who we have starting we have great options there with Duff, Dempsey, Davies, and even Riise who's been pretty good I think. And Gera too although I think he's at his best playing behind Bobby. I think Duff and Dempsey are the two clear starters but Davies is a quality player.

SuffolkWhite

I have to admit I have made a gaff and did not even put Davies on the bench  :022: , so i would have to swap young Risse for Davies. Davies is playing well and could rival Demps for the wing, so I would leave this one to Roy's judgment and who was on best form. But if form was the same I would plumb for Demps.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

finnster01

I'd drop Steve Marlet.

Oh sorry, he's already been dropped. :55:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MrCheviot

When reflecting on our midfield, I can't help but reflect back to the Bolton game where KD injured his ankle. I strongly believe that given the time to find his form, he would be immense for us in the middle of the pitch. It's a shame that this season, his impact will probably be reduced to our last few league matches, but I can certainly see him overtaking Etuhu in midfield for next season (new signings aside).

When fit and on decent form, my midfield list has to be (in order):  Duff, Murphy, Dempsey, KD, Baird, Etuhu, Davies, Greening, Riise.

I've really liked what I've seen from Kelly recently, so I wouldn't be so quick to slot Baird back into RB. I am warming up to the idea of Baird + Murphy playing together against Spurs, as I think it will make it easier for us to move forward on the counter attack.

Man City aside, I think DD - CB - DM - CD has to be our starting four for the Cup match on Wed.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"