watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The View from South Texas

Started by HatterDon, May 03, 2012, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

had its last runout for 11-12 on Tuesday evening. I'm laying it to rest for the season, although there may be some feature articles in the summer.

On Saturday, the missus and me will be doing a vow renewal service [35 years on the clock], and repairing to the storied San Antonio Riverwalk for a two-night honeymoon.   :004: I won't get a chance to see the Sunderland match until Monday afternoon [it's already scheduled to record].

The following Sunday is Mothers Day here in the states, and my mother-in-law will be over while I perform grillmeister duties. Supposedly every match on "Survival Sunday" will be broadcast live. If Fulham at Tottenham is NOT the one viewed on-line only, I should be able to record it and view when the relictives have left the house.

For the record, I always enjoy writing the Views. It makes me feel part of the Fulham fabric. I write it in what I hope is viewed as a humorous tone, and it's worded to spark discussion. My GREATEST fear is that nobody will have anything to add to it.

Thank all of you who have commented on the series -- pro or con -- and/or have made mention of it in other threads. I look forward to doing this again next season -- and perhaps more after that.

Finally, HatterDon's "Man" of The Season goes to .... Baby Grace!!!!!!!!

Let's get three from Sunderland and COYW.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

All the best to you and Mrs HD!! How has she put up with you for so long?  :dft012:

RidgeRider

:012:

Good reasons not to but I will still miss it. Have fun HD and do take care!

MJG

HD thanks for your reports and I look forward to next seasons views from across the pond.

And good luck for this weekend.

finnster01

Take a well deserved break Sir and enjoy the the quality time with the missus.  065.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Berserker

Best wishes to you both, and have a lovely time
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BarryP

BarryP's Not"Man" of the Season goes to Mrs. HatterDon just for keeping you up and running every year so I keep reading these silly verbose spoutings.  

Cheers Donny boy!  :wine: A happy 35th to the both of you by the by.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Jimpav

Enjoy the break HD and congratulations on the renewal of your vows- 35 years is a fantastic achievement (I'm on 4 and counting).

Thanks for the reports to date.

sipwell

Have a great time renewing your vows. Have a great time relaxing with the Mrs in your romantic hideout (socks off this time). Have a great time showing your BBQ talents! We'll miss you but we'll get over it.

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

NorthernWhite

Congratulations to you and Mary Lou, HD on 35 years. Wow!

It was great to meet you both the other week and thanks again for your hospitality, I really appreciated it and the food in the Mexican was great. Thanks!

I hope you both have a great time on the Riverside, I loved that place and there's some lovely restaurants and bars along the water.

When you're over next Ill be sure to return the favour. Enjoy your w/end.

Lighthouse

Have a great day and enjoy every second of it. Don't worry that your selfish act robs us all of a couple of  VFST. You may both forgive yourselves one day.

Good thoughts for you both.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Congratulations Hatter!!!
I hope you have the perfect day

NogoodBoyo

I think he's lolling down to Luton Town.  34 years young in wedded bedlock.  Marvelous, itis.  Marrvelous.
Nogood "missing the bloody view though, itis" Boyo

Fulham1959

HD -

I always dive straight into your match reports as they are thorough, level headed, informed and good natured / humorous.  Above all, they are literate and well written.  Long may they (and you and yours) continue !

The Equalizer

Congrats on having another big day big fella. I hope a shotgun won't be needed this time around?  yee-haw!

Have a great break!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Now i'm going to have to change my signature to bring back the view from South Texas.

YankeeJim

:bump: I've been gone so just found this.  :dft009:

Insightful choice for "Man of the Season" as one has come to expect from Hatter Don.
Best wishes to your & your lass. Enjoy.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.