News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which Season Have You Enjoyed More - This One Or The Last One?

Started by White Noise, May 04, 2012, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The King

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 04, 2012, 05:05:38 PM
Our win against Blackburn at home last year was all luck , we should have lost that if Rodellega would have scored what was practically an open goal along with a load of other squandered chances they missed. WE GOT a very fortunate penalty, yes it was a penalty but how many times do you see a penalty given for pulling/pushing at a corner..practically never

Clattenburg realised his mistake in not giving the penalty before the corner and therefore awarded it for the push. If the first incident never happened I don't think he'd have given it.

LRCN

Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: ~lork on May 04, 2012, 10:15:18 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 10:12:42 PM

Just stating facts man. Could earn you a fortune in a pub quiz. "Who was the first Fulham manager to beat Liverpool at Anfield in the Prem?" Answer: Billy McKinlay

he wasnt manager though mate. not once between 7:45 and 9:45 was mckinlay's job title 'manager of fulham'. just because jol isn't absent doesn't not make him manager.
You have to list a manager on the lineup card for each match. And on that day, it wasn't Martin Jol. Tough Bristol Cities.

you know as well as i do that is a pedantic technicality.

HatterDon

Billy Mac's Blawharmy   scarf scarf  scarf  scarf
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MikeR

This season if for no other reason than we can now win without BZ. Getting more than 5 points off the teams above us in the table also helped.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

SG

Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 10:03:41 PM
Quote from: ~lork on May 04, 2012, 08:27:58 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 04:04:24 PM
Quote from: ~lork on May 04, 2012, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 03:20:13 PM
Quote from: sipwell on May 04, 2012, 03:14:15 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 04, 2012, 03:09:43 PM
last one because this season has been tarnished with the abysmal ejection from the europa league, as good as it's been otherwise.

How can you beat this season? I don't care if we even finish 17th (which we won't), we got 6 points from Liverpool and QPR :yay:

Not to forget we attracted a top notch manager in Martin Jol!

064.gif

BTW, Billy Mac and not Martin Jol, made history and beat Liverpool at Anfield which I am sure nobody takes note of.

:doh:

WTF? Am I wrong? Check the lineup card for the match and see who the manager was. You should know better young man.

it would have been jol with the line up/tactics/drillin gthe players etc... it is his team... dont let your dislike of him get in the way of whatever he achieves or doesnt mate.

Again, was Martin Jol on the lineup card as the manager that day? That is a simple yes/no question my friend. 
So Billy Mac was responsible for the abject performance at Goodison the previous Saturday. I am glad we cleared that up as I was moaning about Jol all that evening

General

There just seems more potential under Jol, Hughes seemed to stagnate in my mind, he seemed to Rigid under Hughes I felt we were seeing the best of him here. Under Jol we're in the top 6 based on form from January but I can still see glimpses of improvement etc which keeps me more engaged. Jol over Hughes any day of the week.

SJH

This season - for the QPR results, for Newcastle home, for the games against Arsenal, for Dempsey and Dembélé. For seeing some young players come into contention, for Kerim Frei. Pogrebnyak has been fun.

The home game against Odense this season still rankles, but it's history now. Like Dempsey and Dembélé could be, next season, of course.

Burt

This season.

By a mile.

I never warmed to Hughes, he never attempted to develop a rapport with the fans, he was clearly using us a stepping stone to whatever was next on our list, we played some awful stuff under him, and well in to the new year of that season we were relegation candidates.

I loved it when Jol joined us, great manager, great track record, and he knew what had to be done. He had a slow start, I remember having to constantly to back his corner on this board, and whilst there are still things to fix you get the sense that the trajectory is upward, and the problems re age, consistency, away form, etc. are slowly but surely being addressed. And 6 points from QPR and Liverpool always help the cause!!!

COYW