watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Filth Bid For Battersea Power Station

Started by White Noise, May 04, 2012, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Chelsea proposal for Battersea Power Station is 60,000-capacity stadium including 15,000-seat one-tier stand, biggest of its type in game.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2759942,00.html

HatterDon

ta ta! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out of Hammersmith and Fulham.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

How much are they going to ask from QPR to but their old ground off them?

White Noise

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 04, 2012, 01:49:49 PM

Hadnt thought of that. Cant we have Leyton Orient instead? :dft008:

domprague

But the Chelsea Pitch Owners refused to allow Stamford Bridge to be sold? Maybe Abramovich will give them free season tickets for life in the new stadium. The move would complete their transformation from a football club to a piece of a corporation.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

White Noise

Loads of Dark Side fans on Twitter dead against it. What do they want? It would be an extraordinary and unique stadium that would enable their club to compete at the top table and grow their support - and its nice and central. Its not like Walham Green Dog Track has much going for it. :doh:

fulhamben

Quote from: White Noise on May 04, 2012, 01:57:12 PM

no doubt it will be a joint bid to ground share with us at the bridge. i can see it now cost efficient blah blah blah
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

Excuse my ignorance but how is that going to work.? The power station is one of London's icons. I thought it might even be a listed building.
Indoor football? Floodlights on top of the chimney stacks? :011:
I assume there is a lot of ground there to be put to good use. Chelsea hardly fits that description either.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: fulhamben on May 04, 2012, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: White Noise on May 04, 2012, 01:57:12 PM

no doubt it will be a joint bid to ground share with us at the bridge. i can see it now cost efficient blah blah blah

Surely Chelsea will fund the new stadium through developing property on the current stamford bridge site?

sipwell

Quote from: White Noise on May 04, 2012, 02:09:25 PM
Loads of Dark Side fans on Twitter dead against it. What do they want? It would be an extraordinary and unique stadium that would enable their club to compete at the top table and grow their support - and its nice and central. Its not like Walham Green Dog Track has much going for it. :doh:

Why are they against it? It looks like a nice location.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SG

Quote from: White Noise on May 04, 2012, 02:09:25 PM

Glad to see that you are referring to the ground by its proper name WN

tommyffc

Assuming they want something like the Westfalenstadion, which imo is the second best stadium in Europe behind the Camp Nou

Two Ton Ted

I suppose theorectically there is nothing to stop them demolishing the stands and keeping the pitch entact, thus sidestepping the CPO?

Either way, it's a good idea for them, and I cannot see any club having the resource to buy The Dog Track off them, the Steptoes included.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

MOR :

Quote from: tommyffc on May 04, 2012, 03:23:08 PM
Assuming they want something like the Westfalenstadion, which imo is the second best stadium in Europe behind the Camp Nou

You obviously haven't been to the Accrington Stanley ground...

Holders

Won't it be classed as contaminated land? I mean, it will be if they move in.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Good riddance to the squatters  :038: . Reminds of the time i popped down the shops on my estate and some dickhead started to snigger (cut a long story short he'd spotted my Fulham Tats), i was in a bad mood so i asked him what he was (censored for the pc lot) laughing at. He said " Fulham, hahaha" i asked him if he had a problem and what team he supported.He replied "a team from the better side of the river " i was thinking he was Palace, Millwall or Charlton, all even rarer than Fulham in Northolt, noe pissed off i said go on then who is it, he replied " Chelsea"  What a thick  :035: . Now mabe ten years on he might be right about the
other side of the river, but you all know Sarf of the river sucks  :hook:

Burt

Hands up who would like to move to Stamford Bridge?

Hmm...not seeing too many.

Blingo

Quote from: tommyffc on May 04, 2012, 03:23:08 PM

Make that 3rd best, Craven Cottage is the best stadium in the WORLD.

VicHalomsLovechild

Can't see it. Transport links are crap.