News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Hughes at fault for all these contract issues?

Started by General, May 07, 2012, 12:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Could loose Murphy, Diarra, Pogrebnyak, Dembele, Dempsey and AJ in the summer with no guarentees of getting good money.

That's 5 of our starting line-up. Hope they all stay. Wouldn't begrudge Dempsey a move if a top 4 side came in for him, maybe top 5 but there'd be no point moving otherwise and he only seems to want to move for Champions League experience. Will a top side be able to find space for him considering his age?

Dembele is a bit of a pre-madonna. Granted he's exceptionally talented but his final product is severly lacking. Feel another season at least from Dembele is about right.

Worrying times. Suprised the club let it go so late - anyone have any inside knowledge as to why?

P.s. - random thought but does anyone else feel Jol may use this site? A few times I've noticed stats etc coming up on this site and a game or so later it's being used by Jol in a pre or post match interview - most recently the "we could be 6th based on form from January"...

Thoughts?

LRCN

some of fulhams media officers might use it but jol definately wont hahaha

cant blame hughes for diarra/pog. aj might be down to hughes not being sure on him but then again aj barely played under hughes because of injury i think. the other two down to board and player not agreeing a contract.

MikeR

Quote from: General on May 07, 2012, 12:58:50 AM
Dembele is a bit of a pre-madonna.

If Dembele is a pre-madonna now than I presume he'll be a madonna next season.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

RidgeRider

Yes how could Hughes be responsible for Pog or Diarra? Not sure I get your title and am not nearly as worried as some. Change is inevitable. We have a good structure and will be fine even if we sell Dempsey and Dembele, we'll get replacements.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2lafsk

MikeR

If Dembele and Dempsey want to go then we should move them out. They may both be at their maximum value this summer. Arsenal didn't do themselves a favor by hanging on to Fabregas an extra season after Barca tapped him up.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Jimbobob

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 07, 2012, 02:58:49 AM
Yes how could Hughes be responsible for Pog or Diarra? Not sure I get your title and am not nearly as worried as some. Change is inevitable. We have a good structure and will be fine even if we sell Dempsey and Dembele, we'll get replacements.

---

+1  scarf
Well done Ridge from a thousand miles away!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

NogoodBoyo

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: MikeR on May 07, 2012, 02:57:44 AM

Ha !!!! good one !!

You cannot blame L Hughes  it has more to do with so many signings 3/4 years ago between Sanchez/Hodgson  and the age of the squad ....
Were we not here before with Dempsey,  during Roy's time: ( a year left on his contract and he would not sign a new one ) ????
.................eventually there was no offers and he signed.
Every season  end,  it is the same..................... Oh Noooooooooooooooo !!! Clint is going 
THIS YEAR is probably the best time for both parties,

I really hope he(jOL) has signed up Mahamadou Diarra and we do not know about it .

..................but Diarra, may well be thinking: ; I have had a few good games in the Premiership, this (Fulham) is not a bad place to be .....................but hell !!! let me shake the tree and see if an Arse or a Spurt drops out   

I do not think Jol Looks at this site but perhaps his speech writer does 

fulhamben

is anyone really that bothered about losing aj. I LIKE AJ, but what is the point of having an expensive player like aj who spends 50% of the time in the treatment room. how can you build a team to go forwards and rely on someone who you just cant rely on. he obviously wants to leave to hence not risking injury in last few games and not signing on. who ever does sign or does not , life still goes on... jol is not the type of manager to leave us short in departments and mo looks to be spending a bit of the kids inheritance. so lets just all enjoy whats going on and leave the worrying for qpr and bolton
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimbobob on May 07, 2012, 03:42:57 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on May 07, 2012, 02:58:49 AM

---

+1  scarf
Well done Ridge from a thousand miles away!

Thanks Jim. Good thing I have tapatalk cause I'm half way around the world!

cebu

All contract issues are handled by Mac/MAF - the team manager isn't involved, so no, you can't blame Hughes for this. Unless you're determined to do so, of course.

HatterDon

regarding this headline:

Yes, Hughes is at fault for this ... and also to blame for:

1. the currency crisis
2. David Beckham's haircut
3. Global Warming
4. Jurgen Klinsmann's appointment as USA manager
5. Janis Joplin's death
6. the lingering Texas drought
7. the funny accent that Aussies have
8. Belgium
9. Fat Freddy going into hospital
10. riots in Greece

And I think he's probably the reason why I keep picking the wrong @!%!&@@& lottery numbers.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

3. Global Warming

In related news, did you read that article on the fact that the dinosaurs' farts were responsible for their own downfall? I found that hilarious.

And before you accuse me of having a mind which works in mysterious ways, you must have lived (barely but still) during the end reign of the dinosaurs.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Holders

Quote from: MikeR on May 07, 2012, 02:57:44 AM

So, the season after he'll be post-madonna. Better sell him quick, then.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2012, 02:30:41 PM
regarding this headline:

Yes, Hughes is at fault for this ... and also to blame for:

1. the currency crisis
2. David Beckham's haircut
3. Global Warming
4. Jurgen Klinsmann's appointment as USA manager
5. Janis Joplin's death
6. the lingering Texas drought
7. the funny accent that Aussies have
8. Belgium
9. Fat Freddy going into hospital
10. riots in Greece

And I think he's probably the reason why I keep picking the wrong @!%!&@@& lottery numbers.

Can we blame Hughes for Sanchez?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

Is Hughes old enough to have Sanchez as a love child? The grey hair is very deceptive
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.