more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scenario

Started by valdeingruo, May 08, 2012, 07:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Lets play a little game.

MAF and the powers that be at Fulham give you a ring. He has a question for you. He has received two identical offers for Dembele and Dempsey. He says he will facilitate only one move and sign the other to a long term, better contract. Who would you tell MAF to sign and who to sell?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

MJG

I would speak to Jol, he's the manager. ;-)

But if it was down to me, taking everything into account, looking at age etc, would I go for Mr Amble who has no real end product or Mr falling down who has an end product ....decisions...decisions...decisions.

Ok off the fence..Dembele and only if he signs a long contract.

No wait I have changed my mind Dempsey...oh I dont know.

valdeingruo

Quote from: MJG on May 08, 2012, 07:57:50 AM

But if it was down to me, taking everything into account, looking at age etc, would I go for Mr Amble who has no real end product or Mr falling down who has an end product ....decisions...decisions...decisions.

I really don't know either, its hard to tell they are both great for our squad. I couldn't decide thats why i posted the topic. Guess only time will tell.

MJG

Quote from: andersons11 on May 08, 2012, 08:01:11 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 08, 2012, 07:57:50 AM

I really don't know either, its hard to tell they are both great for our squad. I couldn't decide thats why i posted the topic. Guess only time will tell.
The crunch is the contracts, both runout next summer and if they are not going to sign we should cash in. A bidding war for Dempsey would be the best result for us in that case. Dembele will maybe fetch 7-9M but I doubt sometimes even that no matter what we think he's worth.

You could make a case that they are the two biggest assets we have and to help with the rebuilding of the squad long term we could or should take the maybe 20-30 we might get as it would be the best deal for the club.
But some of the football we played on sunday showed that if we can keep the team together next season could be really good.

Berserker

My heart would say sell Dembele as i like Dempsey big time,  my head would say sell Dempsey as he is older and his value won't increase in the future where Dembele's could
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

For me, Dembele. He's so important to our build up play, plus he's got age on his side. I know Dempsey has had an amazing season but I think Clint would be easier to replace. I've never seen a player with the same style as Moussa Dembele.

sipwell

I would also take Dembélé because I believe he will be worth a lot more money in a couple of years' time. Dempsey is an exceptionally good football player but he is not exceptional in his position (many teams have a similar player, albeit scoring less goals).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Berserker on May 08, 2012, 08:21:01 AM
My heart would say sell Dembele as i like Dempsey big time,  my head would say sell Dempsey as he is older and his value won't increase in the future where Dembele's could

Me too.

A false choice though because I'm sure the club would keep both if they could.

valdeingruo

I think everyone is in agreement right now. We all want to see them in the squad come next term but if it came down to it, Dembele would stay. Though many of us can see both leaving.

AlFayedsChequebook

I would let Clint go in the knowledge he would be getting his shot at CL football and has had a great time here.

I would keep Moussa and build the team around him and Ruiz. Sexy football awaits.

rusty shackleford

Ive a feeling Dembele will stay and Clint will go. Dembele is young and Jol might be able to convince him to give us another year or 2 and see just how far we can go.

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 08, 2012, 08:23:15 AM
For me, Dembele. He's so important to our build up play, plus he's got age on his side. I know Dempsey has had an amazing season but I think Clint would be easier to replace. I've never seen a player with the same style as Moussa Dembele.

We've had good goalscorer over the years , but players of Mousa's class are a rarer breed. If we're going to bend over backwards to keep one , surely it should be Mousa.

Two Ton Ted

I'd sell Dempsey as this will be the only time we can make money out of him.

Dembele is young and we can sell him later.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

aFFCn_Fan

Call me a sheep, but I agree with the general consensus. I've enjoyed watching Dempsey blossom into the player he is over the years and even though it will be hard to replace his goals this season...what percentage of goals scored by the team are his?...he is the older of the two, and if he is to get CL now is the time. Keep Dembele for another couple of seasons and let his value creep up, just give him the confidence to shoot more often.
@hincharoo

jarv

Dembele will start to add goals to his game, maybe next season or the one after,,, Dempsey didn't score too many 4 years ago, it can come with experience.
I hope they both stay.

FatFreddysCat

Id sell Dempsey, his value will only go down from now onwards, where Dembele is going to improve and so will his value. I also have a feeling Dembele will start adding goals to his play next season.

cebu

I don't want either of them to leave, but at a pinch I'd let Dempsey go and keep Dembélé. It's the age difference for me.

fulhamthroughandthrough

heart says keep dempsey, head says dembele

mangoputney

Heart #23 Head #30... Goals win games but then Demps is hopefully replaceable :$ Christ I feel shi te for saying that

We want you to stay #23
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation