watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Emre vs. Zokora

Started by sipwell, May 08, 2012, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Emre - who had been on his best behaviour in his Newcastle years - called Didier Zokora a "filthy negro" and was banned for only two games (racism). Even though he could have been suspended for eight games, he only got a two-game ban. Incidentally Zokora and Emre met again on a football pitch. Zokora responded as follows:

Didier Zokora'dan Emre Belözoğlu'na sert hareket

My question is:
a) do you find this acceptable?
b) would you cheer if a Fulham player would do that?
c) would you respond in a similar way?

This is not intended to pit the politically correct vs. the non-politically correct or to start a discussion on that front. I honestly have no idea how I would respond or what I would do.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

I can't condone what Zokora has done because he is not setting a particularly good example, but it is amusing.

mccscratch

I found it delightful to watch however unsporting...

One thing I have always found in life... unless you are willing to accept backlash (whether it be punishment from the law or punishment from the person) you should never open your mouth and say something hateful, hurtful or venomous to another person...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

finnster01

how he only got a yellow beats me.

To answer your questions:
a) No
b) No
c) No, he can call me whatever he wants, but if he called my fiancee a "filthy negro" (she is a woman of colour) I would do a lot worse than that
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 04:31:37 PM
how he only got a yellow beats me.

Probably because he immediately apologized (a) and because it would lead to huuuuuuuge backlash. Emre gets a 2 match ban for racism and he gets a red card for a 'foul'? The Turkish football union already has a very bad reputation in UEFA. Better not aggravate things ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

EJL

Should've kicked him harder.

cmg

I doubt if it will do much to change Mr Emre's attitudes - but it will hopefully teach him to think twice before opening his foul mouth in future.

Zakora is taking a pretty literal approach to 'stamping out racism', it seems.

I laughed out loud at the tackle (should that be 'tackle tackle'?) and even louder at the yellow card.

Quote from: EJL on May 08, 2012, 04:37:41 PM
Should've kicked him harder.

I think he could only do that if he had jumped off the grandstand roof.

MJG

Knowing Turkish football there was bound to have been some bets going on about something like that happening. I don't trust anything that goes on in that lge.

leonffc

Yellow card all day for me. It's not like it was a two footed lunge and he was always 'in control'.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: leonffc on May 08, 2012, 05:29:59 PM
Yellow card all day for me. It's not like it was a two footed lunge and he was always 'in control'.

Yep, he expertly 'controlled' his foot into Emre's groin!  :011:

HatterDon

Several years ago, the Seattle Seahawks had an all-NFL wide receiver who was poleaxed by a much larger cornerback with a thug reputation. [I wish I wasn't so old or I'd remember the names]. Anyhow the Seahawks player suffered some serious injuries and was out for more than a half-dozen games. In his first match back -- playing against the same team who "gave" him his injury -- the cornerback thug intercepted a pass and went hell-for-leather towards goal. The wide receiver slipped past a blocker, measured his options and then flew into the cornerback, knocking him back a good six feet and causing him to fumble.

HIS tackle was completely within the rules but still knocked the cornerback sideways. THAT's the way you get revenge.

Any Yanks who can remember who I'm talking about, please send me the players' names. I'm going crazy here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel