watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFRish: Dembélé is opening a hotel in Antwerp

Started by sipwell, May 09, 2012, 10:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Dembélé has bought a historical building in the centre of Antwerp and he is reconverting it to a hotel, jointly with his sister. His sister has said to Belgian press that Moussa is fully aware that a football career ends at one point and he always dreamed of running his own hotel. So, he thought, why not stop dreaming and start making that dream happen. If all goes well, the hotel could open in May 2013.

Goes to show the young man's attitude in life: he is not really interested in all of the typical football gadgets (a sports car no one has) but has a very down to earth attitude.
It also goes to show, in my view, that Dembélé is not a dreamer when it comes to football. I have always maintained that Dembélé will only move clubs if he knows he is going to be in the starting XI. You have to see this from a Belgian perspective: he is currently playing for a top 10 side in England, a competition he really likes. He will only move if a top 5 side (one of the big clubs) makes an offer and can guarantee him first team football. If not, he is going to stay at Fulham and know he'll be in the starting XI. Money is less of an issue/interest. Besides, what he earns nowadays is - to Belgian standards - humongous.

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/2907/Magazine/article/detail/1435677/2012/05/09/Rode-Duivel-Dembele-plant-hotel-in-hartje-Antwerpen.dhtml

Amper 24, profvoetballer en Rode Duivel. Maar ook: niet te beroerd om te weten dat het ooit stopt. Als Moussa Dembélé ooit de schoenen aan de haak hangt, heeft hij al een pensioenplan. De middenvelder bij de Engelse eersteklasser Fulham FC heeft samen met zus Assita in het hartje van Antwerpen een historisch pand gekocht dat hij tegen midden volgend jaar wil omvormen tot charmehotel, schrijft Het Laatste Nieuws.

Het hotel komt pal in het centrum, op een boogscheut van de Groenplaats, aan de Melkmarkt 35-37. Hier huisde ooit een bekende antiquairszaak, maar vandaag leggen deskundigen al beetje bij beetje de vijftiende-eeuwse structuur van het pand bloot. Moussa Dembélé, zus Assita en architect Glenn Sestig werken intussen achter de schermen aan een plan om het om te bouwen tot hotel. "Moussa en ik hebben daar eigenlijk altijd van gedroomd", zegt Assita. Het mag Dembélé in Londen bij Fulham FC dan wel voor de wind gaan, en hij mag zich dan wel hebben opgewerkt tot vaste waarde bij de Rode Duivels: hij weet dat het allemaal 'eindig' is.

Ondernemend
"Moussa is zich daar van bewust", weet Assita. "En dus maakt hij liever nu al werk van die droom. Zo is hij ook. Niet met het hoofd in de wolken. Ondernemend. Boordevol ideeën." Op dit ogenblik voert een deskundige nog een bouwhistorisch onderzoek uit in het pand. Dat is nodig, want de oude antiquairszaak - die eigenlijk bestaat uit twee patriciërswoningen - dateert al uit de vijftiende eeuw. Het is pas wanneer stedenbouw weet hoe de staat van het gebouw precies is, dat de architect verder kan met de procedure en de bouwvergunning kan aanvragen. Als de stad groen licht geeft, zou het hotel in principe in mei volgend jaar kunnen opengaan. Architect Glenn Sestig zou in het hotel zo'n vijftien kamers willen onderbrengen. Aanvankelijk zou het enkel Assita zijn die het hotel runt. Pas na zijn profcarrière zou ook Moussa in de zaak stappen.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

Nice to see he seems to have his head screwed on correctly.  :clap_hands: Nice lad.

However not sure of doing business with your sister/brother always works out, and why would anyone ever visit Antwerp unless they are sailors?  :dft012:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on May 09, 2012, 11:06:09 AM
Nice to see he seems to have his head screwed on correctly.  :clap_hands: Nice lad.

However not sure of doing business with your sister/brother always works out, and why would anyone ever visit Antwerp unless they are sailors?  :dft012:

Antwerp is overrun by Japanese tourists because it is the setting of the book "A dog in Flanders" which is ridiculously popular in Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dog_of_Flanders). It is of course also an important fashion city with a large number of world-renowned designers (if you are into that). Apart from that, it is actually a very pretty city with a beautiful cathedral and a lot of 15 and 16th century buildings. And as the birthplace of Rubens, Jordaens, ..., it is a museum city in its own right.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

I refuse to get my hopes up with regards to Dembele.

As soon as he was quoted saying he was  'happy to move up a level now' when he was linked with Spurs, I was convinced that was it.

I dont expect him to stay at Fulham, and I dont blame him if he leaves but refuse to accept he is staying until he is holding a new signed 3 year contract in his hands.