watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Well that was exciting, was'nt it?

Started by Peabody, May 13, 2012, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

What a finish to the season. Glad that City won it, sad for Bolton, sounds like two contraversial decisions sent them down. Whilst I feel that you have to admire Rangers tenacity, you have to question their disciplinary record and as for Barton, it seems he completely lost the plot when he was sent off and could have had two more red cards. Do you think the Premier League may punish his club?

PokerMatt

Whatever happens to Barton I doubt he'll have a longer ban than Rio's 9 months for a missed (not failed) drugs test.

While it should be a prison sentence, it will more likely be a few games over the 4 it will be anyway.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

GoldCoastWhite

Retrospective points deduction to send the hahas down ? I'd laugh so hard I'd need several spare pairs of undies !  064.gif

cmg

Fantastic finish. Amazing excitement. Phenomenal entertainment.

...BUT 'the best ever', 'never been anything like it', 'greatest of all time'? Well maybe - but Michael Thomas (and anyone else who remembers 26 May 1989) might beg to differ. Or, as that was pre-Sky, maybe it never happened?

Mario Balottelli in a clown's hat - not much of a disguise.

Even QPR don't deserve Joey Barton.

Walsh

well QPR gave City a goal as they knew they were staying up even if they lost! it is all a big scam... Cisse celebrating with Aguero... something fishy happened today, but fair play to City, a team who loses to Wigan shouldn't win the Premiership.

if Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle sign some new players and do better next year I think it could be an amazing season for the top boys.

Burt

Quote from: cmg on May 13, 2012, 05:53:12 PM
Fantastic finish. Amazing excitement. Phenomenal entertainment.

...BUT 'the best ever', 'never been anything like it', 'greatest of all time'? Well maybe - but Michael Thomas (and anyone else who remembers 26 May 1989) might beg to differ. Or, as that was pre-Sky, maybe it never happened?

Mario Balottelli in a clown's hat - not much of a disguise.

Even QPR don't deserve Joey Barton.

Got to agree, best ever was Arsenal's win at Anfield.

HatterDon

Exciting? Yes, but ... .

But the top 10 teams on Saturday afternoon were in their same positions on Sunday evening.

But the bottom 7 teams of Saturday afternoon were in their same positions on Sunday evening.

Exciting, but not transformative.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

michaelread

the final day is never about who was where before kickoff, its about the course of the game, 10 matches of 90 minute duration across the country at one time.

It was an incredible finish, a brilliant last day that had it all. An almost upset, a last grasp win for the title, two teams fighting to stay up, and controversy.

Those who can't appreciate that as much as some, I feel sorry for you, life must be pretty boring for you lot.

Peabody

Can anyone point to were I use the phrase "the best ever"?

HatterDon

Quote from: Peabody on May 14, 2012, 08:31:57 AM

I think he was referring to a commentator's quotes sir.

And I'd like to point out that I said that today WAS exciting, just not transformative.

finnster01

Mr Hatter thanks for adding Transformative to my list of very big words only to be used in very special circumstances  :clap_hands: I may be old, but I live and learn every day, hope that never ends. That's a keeper Mr Hatter
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Peabody

Transformative.... I thought they were toys!

The Equalizer

Bolton and Blackburn both gone, so Fulham are the only remaining club from the 'Class of '01' in the Premier League.

We're also the 8th longest serving Premier League club since it's inception.

Which is nice.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Maidstone Al

Knowing the FA / Premier League , the haha's will get a suspended fine & told not to be naughty boys again next season .

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 08:54:54 AM
Quote from: Peabody on May 14, 2012, 08:31:57 AM

I think he was referring to a commentator's quotes sir.

Yup.

I, too, thought it was extremely exciting but I like to try to add a little perspective to Sky's hysterics.

I object to their tendency to consign 116 years of football history to the trash can.

While I am in GOM mode, I would like to go on record as saying that I think the Premier League Trophy looks like something you might get for winning the local pub darts league. The 'real' trophy is the one we got when we went up. (I am prepared to review my opinion when we win it.)

sipwell

I followed this one on BBC Radio 5 and it was a very exciting afternoon. Tottenham-Fulham was the main game they were following but they barely discussed it. Football should be like this every month or so :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

west kowloon white

Really don't get this exciting but not transformative-oh sorry I do-but really I couldn't have found a negative out of that ending(apart from the obvious QPR down)it could have been tranformative is surely the point.Season over-can now look forward to viewing 7 ft 10' men running around an incredibly small patch of woodwork dropping a ball into a hoop with mega figure scores-transformative -but far from exciting.

Berserker

I'm going to see how many different ways i can fit the word transformative into my meetings at work tomorrow for a laugh
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Airfix

Quote from: sipwell on May 14, 2012, 12:37:29 PM
I followed this one on BBC Radio 5 and it was a very exciting afternoon. Tottenham-Fulham was the main game they were following but they barely discussed it. Football should be like this every month or so :)

Yeah. It's sort of like an important cup match, stalemate, suddenly you get a free kick and decide to send David Platt up front...  064.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Berserker on May 14, 2012, 10:21:39 PM
I'm going to see how many different ways i can fit the word transformative into my meetings at work tomorrow for a laugh

Only 30 shopping days until HatterDon's next "Word of the Month."