News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What to expect from Fulham this summer and next season.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, May 13, 2012, 07:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

On the stadium thing ... I am not exactly sure where I stand.

Naturally I would not accept Fulham leaving CC to ground share, or become nomads, like when we went to the QPR dump and I would love to stay at Craven Cottage ... but;

What if our support grew in 10 years time to the point we could fill out a 50,000 seat stadium and a decent plot of land became available, perhaps even Bishops Park (not going to happen, used to example purposes) ... would a brand new, 50,000 seater stadium that was also pure Fulham be so very out of the question?

As I said before, I would like to stay at CC ... but I try to keep an open mind over what the future might bring.

Blingo

Quote from: DukeTyrion on May 14, 2012, 06:53:15 PM

Naturally I would not accept Fulham leaving CC to ground share, or become nomads, like when we went to the QPR dump and I would love to stay at Craven Cottage ... but;

What if our support grew in 10 years time to the point we could fill out a 50,000 seat stadium and a decent plot of land became available, perhaps even Bishops Park (not going to happen, used to example purposes) ... would a brand new, 50,000 seater stadium that was also pure Fulham be so very out of the question?

As I said before, I would like to stay at CC ... but I try to keep an open mind over what the future might bring.

For us to have a new stadium we would have to move away from Fulham, so as I see it, it wouldn't be Fulham any more.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Blingo on May 14, 2012, 06:55:16 PM

For us to have a new stadium we would have to move away from Fulham, so as I see it, it wouldn't be Fulham any more.

But if some land became available in Fulham, what then? (not likely to happen, but just throwing the question out there anyway)?

Blingo

Quote from: DukeTyrion on May 14, 2012, 07:00:13 PM

But if some land became available in Fulham, what then? (not likely to happen, but just throwing the question out there anyway)?

That will never happen m8.

Rupert

Quote from: DukeTyrion on May 14, 2012, 07:00:13 PM

I'm afraid you are wasting your time, asking that question. I've never had a straight answer to it, and I've been asking it for well over a decade. For some people, if we do not play at the Cottage then we cease to be Fulham, that is their ground state of being, fair enough, it's potentially their loss. I know we lost a few of the old sweats when we moved to the Megaloftusdome for two years, they refused to watch us there as it wasn't really Fulham playing, apparantly, and by the time we went back to the Cottage they had found other pursuits for their weekends. Their loss, big time. They probably watched Juventus, Hamburg and the like on the TV and told their mates that it was their team winning, only they don't go any more.

If we moved from Craven Cottage there would definately be a fall out, many of our current hard core would refuse to go to the new place, they would probably try to start up AFC Fulham, playing in black shorts, white shirts and the Hammersmith and Fulham crest (which might cause some fuss with their younger members who would want to keep the "traditional" black and white shield with the stylised FFC on it  :005:). Whether or not I would be one of that disillusioned group would depend on where we went, and why. Outside London, and called Staines FC? I'm out at that point. Another ground somewhere in the borough and still Fulham FC? Say, a mile up the Fulham Road? I'd almost cerainly still be on board for that (and frankly, Blingo, if you think that means I'm not a Fulham fan then I think you are a buffoon, presumably one of us is right).

The difficult one would be something inbetween those extremes. It would be an interesting time, and no mistake.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.