News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What to expect from Fulham this summer and next season.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, May 13, 2012, 07:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: SJH on May 14, 2012, 09:40:10 AM
Top 10 again, whatever happens transfers in / transfers out. But Jol's line with Dembélé - one more season with me and you'll have your pick of clubs - might work out; he's clearly a player who looks to plan his career.

As for the stuff about QPR - they still have the same ground capacity as this season (and they still have the same training 'facilities' when it comes to convincing players to sign), and they still have a mess: too many signings by too many managers, too much deadwood, too many players on wages way above anything that is sensible for a club their size and way above those players' abilities. That's a noose round their necks when it comes to new signings / wages. And they still have Barton, a self-deluding thug who, unless they can find a way of sacking him or he does something that gets him sent down again, they are stuck with.

They have Barton on £60k a week for 3 more years.

hahahahahaha.

Matt Inglis

I don't expect us to finish in the top half next season. I believe Jol will be given a bit more control in this transfer window and won't just be working with what he's been left with. In other words, I can see players like Duff heading for the exit as you mentioned.
The Dems are certain to leave, I'm afraid, which is another pointer to a season of consolidation as whoever we bring in will need to adjust to the league (possibly) but mainly to playing with each other. For this reason I can see a few shabby home defeats, especially against the bigger sides as those are games where you need to be strong as a unit (See:- Wigan).
With regards to my aims, I'd say a solid, mid-table finish achieved without a sniff of a relegation battle; strong replacements for any of our top quality players that leave; a GOOD CUP RUN, how long have we been saying that? Finally, I suppose my biggest aim is just to increase my personal away following, I'm going to try and make a few more trips further north next season as I hope many others do because I believe it is at least partially up to the fans now to improve the away record.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

cebu

1. Keep our best players
2. Get in one or two players - genuine contenders for the 1st team
3. Get the improvements to the Riverside through the approval process
4. Top ten finish with 40 points being reached quicker than we've ever done it before
5. A Wembley final - preferably the FA Cup!

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Blingo on May 14, 2012, 08:12:32 AM
NO REAL FULHAM SUPPORTER WOULD EVER WANT US TO LEAVE THE BEST GROUND IN THE WORLD. Perhaps you would be better off supporting another team.

Just checking if this is like an ironic joke or if you actually mean it...

mangoputney

Spot on Burt, Blingo surely being Fulhamish indicates being a Fulham supporter??? its called being realistic

great season, enjoyed it home and away, but very dependent on Demps and Pog service

if you was at WHL lane yesterday, was blatantly obvious

season ticket already renewed, have faith in Jol's ability to sign players, would love to retain our top ten status, would love to improve our away form by even 20%, that alone would get us in the 8th - 11th mix
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Blingo

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on May 14, 2012, 11:53:25 AM
NO REAL FULHAM SUPPORTER WOULD EVER WANT US TO LEAVE THE BEST GROUND IN THE WORLD. Perhaps you would be better off supporting another team.

I mean it 110%

Blingo

Quote from: mangoputney on May 14, 2012, 12:10:06 PM
Spot on Burt, Blingo surely being Fulhamish indicates being a Fulham supporter??? its called being realistic

great season, enjoyed it home and away, but very dependent on Demps and Pog service

if you was at WHL lane yesterday, was blatantly obvious

season ticket already renewed, have faith in Jol's ability to sign players, would love to retain our top ten status, would love to improve our away form by even 20%, that alone would get us in the 8th - 11th mix

We will finish higher than 8th next season just watch.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: andersons11 on May 14, 2012, 12:17:07 AM
You arent a real supporter unless you are hopelesly optomistic, chuck out the previous seasons results and expect to win the league! Fulham for the trebble. COME ON YOU WHITES. scarf yee-haw! :goalski: Belgique starsnstripes 000en.gif 1499 1491 :dead horse: 093.gif 079.gif

Mods - as we have 2 x ROI players in the team/squad, and chance of an Irish flag on here ?

sipwell

Simples: Champions' League football and three pieces of silverware (not u18 cups and the like). 
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TonyGilroy

THIS squad with youngsters improving fast could be expected to do better next season than this.

Obviously if we lose players they'll need to be replaced and that will be a major test for Jol but I would expect him to pass that test.

The most interesting thing for me this season is Newcastle demonstrating that a Champions League place is possible for an ordinary club. We're no worse than them in my opinion. Seems to me that the Manchester pair have pulled away from the pack with the clubs that were once their equals falling back towards that pack.

DukeTyrion

I just want to see Fulham at Wembley ... surely it's not too much to ask >.<

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: Blingo on May 14, 2012, 12:38:58 PM

I mean it 110%

That's dumb.

The Equalizer

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on May 14, 2012, 02:36:49 PM

I mean it 110%

That's dumb.

Not really. Were you around during the Back To The Cottage campaign? Craven Cottage is our home and IS the club. Without it we are nothing. If Fulham ever left the Cottage I would stop following football completely and head off to The Stoop every other saturday.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

which is an entirely understandable attitude but may not be universal.

Moving from CC isn't a financially sound option for us so it's not really worth discussing but if we could move into a bigger stadium reasonably nearby I wouldn't oppose it in principle.

Our London location means that unlike clubs like Reading and Southampton it's not an option. I was at the Madjeski for a conference recently though and we're missing out big time by not having other money making possibilities within our stadium. Conferences, restaurants, hotels, shops etc.

Basil

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Ruiz..a full pre season and a knowledge of the league I expect him to be our star player and he feels like a new signing going into August for me. Sublime skills.

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 02:53:27 PM

I mean it 110%

That's dumb.

Not really. Were you around during the Back To The Cottage campaign? Craven Cottage is our home and IS the club. Without it we are nothing. If Fulham ever left the Cottage I would stop following football completely and head off to The Stoop every other saturday.

It was rather aimed at the notion that you can tell someone that they're not a fan. A Fulham fan that wants the club to be bought out by multi-billionaires and moved to Milton Keynes and changed to a blue strip is still a fan if they want the team to win, surely?

Either way, I'd hate for Fulham to leave the Cottage but sometimes clubs have to do that sort of thing to keep themselves going.
A stadium does not a football team make.

The Equalizer

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on May 14, 2012, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 02:53:27 PM

I mean it 110%

That's dumb.

It was rather aimed at the notion that you can tell someone that they're not a fan. A Fulham fan that wants the club to be bought out by multi-billionaires and moved to Milton Keynes and changed to a blue strip is still a fan if they want the team to win, surely?

Either way, I'd hate for Fulham to leave the Cottage but sometimes clubs have to do that sort of thing to keep themselves going.
A stadium does not a football team make.

Yeah, I agree that it was a poor choice of words from Blingo in that instance. However, I truly believe, as do a VAST amount of Fulham supporters that the stadium and the club are inextricably linked. We can move to a different ground, but we would become an entirely different and unfamiliar entity at that point. Much akin to Wimbledon splitting to become the MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon.

A club called 'Fulham' would continue to exist, but it would not be OUR club or OUR Fulham, and hence what we all know, love and support would simply cease to exist.

Them's the facts as I see them.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

HatterDon

Quote from: DukeTyrion on May 14, 2012, 02:12:12 PM
I just want to see Fulham at Wembley ... surely it's not too much to ask >.<

I'm with you Sir Duke. I want to see Danny lead the boys out at Wembley more than anything else next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Blingo

For me it is very simple rhys....no CC no Fulham. I have followed Fulham for the best part of 49 years now and I see it very much in the way I have written it above. No one will change that.

SJH

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on May 14, 2012, 04:09:54 PMA stadium does not a football team make.

I don't think of Craven Cottage as a stadium - for me it's a football ground. And IS Fulham; the one great continuity, CC represents the uniqueness of Fulham, and for me represents FFC's connection to my youth and my past and the area I grew up in. Fulham wouldn't be Fulham without CC, or not in my view. Just another football club. I can see the arguments against that, realise that other clubs have moved ground, other clubs have prospered and maintained support. Not for me, though.

I'm sure that's not a universal view, but I'd guess it's not unusual among our 'core' support.