watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

change keys on keyboard nfr

Started by epsomraver, May 13, 2012, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Lap top I am using on holiday has the @ and the " reversed, could one of you all knowing people tell me how to swop them back in simple layman terms, at present I am enjoying being a tempory Yank here in Englewood Florida where it is too darn hot!

RidgeRider

Quote from: epsomraver on May 13, 2012, 10:44:52 PM
Lap top I am using on holiday has the @ and the " reversed, could one of you all knowing people tell me how to swop them back in simple layman terms, at present I am enjoying being a tempory Yank here in Englewood Florida where it is too darn hot!

I just got back from Asia last night and I noticed something different when I landed back in the States. Now I know what it is.......Dave's 'in country'!

Welcome Dave!!

epsomraver

thanks Jack, hope to have a restful two weeks here.

finnster01

Just 4.5 hours away from hopping on the plane in NYC for 5 nights/6 days in South Beach Miami myself.

If you thought it was bad having Dave in Florida, wait until you see the Finnster in the Speedo on Ocean Drive. South Beach has no idea what is about to hit them Mr RR...  :011:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Me-ate-Live, innit??

To answer your question Raver

Click on 'Start' (usually bottom left)

Click on 'Control Panel' (could be  you need to click on 'Settings' first)

Find Date, Time, Language and Regional Options ( may just say 'Regional Settings'

Once the new window appears click on the 'Regional Options' tab and in the format dropdown select "English (United Kingdom)"

Click the 'Languages' tab and make sure you have "English(United Kingdom)" in the Installed Services box. If not click Add and select "English (United Kingdom)" in the Input Language dropdown and then select "United Kingdom" in the keyboard layout dropdown.

Click OK to return to the Language window. In the top dropdown (Default input language) select "English (United Kingdom)".

Click Apply and then OK

Finally click OK again and close down the Control Panel.

You may need to reboot the PC once you have made these changes

Enjoy your holiday !

HatterDon

which reminds me of when I was going to graduate school in Germany. I bought an electric typewriter that -- like other typewriters in German -- had the Y and the Z reversed. I was able to pay attention and catch my errors most of the time, but on one occasion I had to retype pretty much an entire paper I'd written on Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski.

Ah, the memories.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

y
Quote from: KCat on May 14, 2012, 06:02:25 AM
To answer your question Raver

Click on 'Start' (usually bottom left)

Click on 'Control Panel' (could be  you need to click on 'Settings' first)

Find Date, Time, Language and Regional Options ( may just say 'Regional Settings'

Once the new window appears click on the 'Regional Options' tab and in the format dropdown select "English (United Kingdom)"

Click the 'Languages' tab and make sure you have "English(United Kingdom)" in the Installed Services box. If not click Add and select "English (United Kingdom)" in the Input Language dropdown and then select "United Kingdom" in the keyboard layout dropdown.

Click OK to return to the Language window. In the top dropdown (Default input language) select "English (United Kingdom)".

Click Apply and then OK

Finally click OK again and close down the Control Panel.

You may need to reboot the PC once you have made these changes

Enjoy your holiday !

Thanks K for your wishes but keys are still reversed, followed your instructions to the letter?

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 08:20:12 AM
which reminds me of when I was going to graduate school in Germany. I bought an electric typewriter that -- like other typewriters in German -- had the Y and the Z reversed. I was able to pay attention and catch my errors most of the time, but on one occasion I had to retype pretty much an entire paper I'd written on Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski.

Ah, the memories.

I am constantly changing between a qwerty and an azerty keyboard. The former is an American keyboard so very annoying for a Belgian who needs to use ë é è ê a lot. There is no bloody key!

As for your question, epsom, you can normally change the keyboard in settings but be aware: the functions of the keyboard will change but not the visibility. You might end up with "what damn key was that again?" If it is only these two minor issues, you should press on. Working - as said - on two different keyboards, it takes about twenty minutes of typing before your mind has understood the change.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!