watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So 9th is it?

Started by finnster01, May 14, 2012, 07:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

As much crap as I have given time for me to give him (Jol) some credit.
We finished 9th in his first season. I had us pegged down as 12th, so he beat my expectations. Could have done better in the cups (especially Europe) but it is what it is.

If you asked me before the season if I would have taken a 9th, I would have been glad to accept.

So I was too harsh on Jol, here is a big  :clap_hands: for a season well done. I have been wrong before and not afraid to admit it
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Berserker

Mr Finn your a hero for saying that, well done to you sir
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Blingo

It takes a real man to admit he was wrong and Blingo takes his hat off to you Sir.

FatFreddysCat

That must have hurt Finnster  :015: . with no Europe to contend with we will do even better next seaon, even if the Dems both leave. COYWS.

HatterDon

Well done, good sir. I'm also pleasantly surprised at 9th -- I figured 11th or 12th.

They Jolly Boy has a huge bit of work to get done this summer. We'll need to replace a good 8-10 slots in our first team squad before the next transfer period ends, and they won't all come from within the club.

But I've liked his signings -- Ruiz, Riise, Grygera, Diarra, Kasami -- and I expect he'll bring in some more players I'll enjoy watching. It's always tricky once a new broom has swept clean, but it worked for Roy, and -- like Roy -- I figure a good number of the players we sign will be one's we're not talking about now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Fair play Finnster.

It is so much more enjoyable on here when everyone is happy!

Lets hope next season is even better!

b+w geezer

Three points more than last time was commendable. A really strong second half of the season was especially good considering how early we had started -- conventional wisdom was we might run out of puff. There's been some lovely football played in spells too.

So many imponderables prevent our assuming this season is a blueprint, but the 15-ish point drop it would take to relegate us does provide breathing space for a changing of the guard. How Jol handles that will tell us loads more than we know now, but it's fair play to give him credit so far.

Incidentally.....Jol was right in my line of sight yesterday. He waved to Spurs supporters twice during the match. Both times it was brief and curtailed a loud chant that would have lasted longer had he done nothing. It wasn't often, he didn't keep doing it, he didn't milk it.

sipwell

Now I come to understand your "I am taking a week off" thread. Need for compensation :hook:

I think Jol has done well. If we can work on our away form, we will snatch the title next season :D
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

BarryP

A tip of the cap to you Finnster! 
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on May 14, 2012, 07:47:45 AM
As much crap as I have given time for me to give him (Jol) some credit.
We finished 9th in his first season. I had us pegged down as 12th, so he beat my expectations. Could have done better in the cups (especially Europe) but it is what it is.

If you asked me before the season if I would have taken a 9th, I would have been glad to accept.

So I was too harsh on Jol, here is a big  :clap_hands: for a season well done. I have been wrong before and not afraid to admit it

Fair play  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 065.gif 065.gif

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Reindeer