watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Rumour - McLeish to leave Villa

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, May 14, 2012, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

According to The Times midlands correspondent on Twitter, McLeish is saying his goodbyes to the team and is discussing his compensation package with the board later.

Lambert to replace him?

Update: The Times are now reporting it officially.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Can't see them getting anyone good in as they have regressed badly, why would Lambert go there? Villa have a bigger, not better, stadium and better youth system and players. He is building a legacy at Norwich, can't see him giving that up easily although he does have history for uping and leaving. I can't see it though.

sipwell

I don't think anyone would be sad. Funny how Villa fell. Same sponsors as us last year, in the hopes that they would be a top 6 side. Didn't manage to do so. Now they are even bottom of the league. I think our sponsor is happy with the performance: a 'small' club beating the big boys in the league. Well, well...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 14, 2012, 10:39:46 AM
Can't see them getting anyone good in as they have regressed badly, why would Lambert go there? Villa have a bigger, not better, stadium and better youth system and players. He is building a legacy at Norwich, can't see him giving that up easily although he does have history for uping and leaving. I can't see it though.

Lambert was asked if he would commit to Norwich in an interview yesterday and said 'we will see'

Lambert's star is at an all time high and he may also look at the Norwich squad and the lack of investment (they are not very well off) and think next season could be a lot harder.

Jack Fulham

Bassey the warrior

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 14, 2012, 10:42:38 AM

Lambert was asked if he would commit to Norwich in an interview yesterday and said 'we will see'

Lambert's star is at an all time high and he may also look at the Norwich squad and the lack of investment (they are not very well off) and think next season could be a lot harder.

He deserves a go at a higher level, he's done wonders for Norwich. Unfortunately they will definitely go down if he leaves, even if he doesn't they'll struggle.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Not the most loyal of characters is he? But then that bids the question when does ambition trump loyalty?

Basil

Cue Hughes resigning at QPr thinking it is his for the taking..

Maidstone Al

Tony Fernandes on talksh**e this morning said qpr supporters should expect a big announcement about the club in the next few days ............ Hughes to Villa it is then !

The Equalizer

Quote from: Maidstone Al on May 14, 2012, 11:57:59 AM
Tony Fernandes on talksh**e this morning said qpr supporters should expect a big announcement about the club in the next few days ............ Hughes to Villa it is then !

They're building a new ground in Wales.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

cebu

Or maybe Fernandes just wants to turn the ground into luxury flats - it being such a great location and all.   :023:

AlFayedsChequebook

I have a feeling it will be about anew training ground.

Interestingly they have not tried to get the top academy status (a big miss for a small club like them) so will be behind the curve there in terms of long term viability.

I would be delighted if they have found a site for a new stadium, especially if it is miles away

Berserker

I definitely wouldn't trust Hughes after our experiences last year  :014:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

west kowloon white

Doubt even "shifty" Fernandes trusts Hughes-more of a worry is if they "fancy" Jol?

AlFayedsChequebook

The BBC are on it now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18056282

Alex McLeish poised to leave Aston Villa

Alex McLeish's 11-month reign as Aston Villa manager looks to be over.
The 53-year-old former Scotland manager said his farewell to the Villa players on Monday morning.
Villa have endured a poor Premier League campaign, finishing just above the relegation zone after winning only four of 19 games at home.

The club have yet to make an official announcement about McLeish, who left close rivals Birmingham City to join Villa in June last year.
McLeish faced widespread protests from Villa supporters after leaving relegated Birmingham to take over from Gerard Houllier 11 months ago .
Villa, who won only seven league matches all season, effectively secured their Premier League status with a 1-1 draw against Tottenham in the penultimate game of the season.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 14, 2012, 10:55:51 AM

Not the most loyal of characters is he? But then that bids the question when does ambition trump loyalty?

Well, there's that, and then there's the fact that Norwich hired him after firing a certified Canary legend two or three matches into a season. I think he's pretty certain that there'd be no "loyalty" shown by the Norwich board if someone more attractive showed up on their radar again.

I think Lambert would do a good job at Villa, and I think you'd have to pencil in Norwich as one of the three teams taking the drop next season. As has been pointed out elsewhere, the two promotions in two seasons didn't give them much time to revamp their squad to play Premier League football.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Now confirmed that he has been sacked :028:

Gozorich

Quote from: JBH on May 14, 2012, 04:04:21 PM
Now confirmed that he has been sacked :028:

Brilliant! Couldn't have happened to a nicer s%$t. I have said on here before that he has left every position he has ever had at a flash of a couple of fivers after swearing allegiance to the team . Maybe he could swop with his like  thinking greedy Welsh mate at QPR. Now that would indeed be brilliant. :wine:

Alternative

I am not sure the Villa job is worth it.

Big, historic club but not much money to spend and high expectations.