more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(16/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 16, 2012, 04:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

No approach for Fulham duo

Martin Jol has confirmed that he has received no approach from any other clubs for attacking duo, Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembele, both of which have been linked with moves away from the club in the summer.

American international Dempsey, now aged 29, has scored 23 goals this season, which is the highest goals tally for any American that has played in the English Premier League. Dempsey has been one of the stand out players in the Premier League this season, with clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Roma being linked with a move for him in the summer, with his current Fulham deal set to expire in the summer of 2013. The Belgian Dembele, aged 24, has impressed all season after Jol started playing him in a more central attacking midfield role, with him building a reputation of being a very confident player when in possession of the ball.

Dempsey only cost the club £1.5 million back in 2007, when he was signed by then manager Chris Coleman. Looking back that was a great bit of business considering everything he has done for Fulham. If he was to leave in the summer it would be expected to reach a fee of at least £10 million. The only thing lowering his value is his age and the amount of time left on his current deal. Dembele on the other hand was signed last season by Mark Hughes from AZ Alkmaar for £5 million, with his estimated value reaching an estimated £12-15 million.

Talking on the Fulham website, Martin Jol said "No clubs have come in with bids."

"Even if they put a bid in I don't think they are for sale," he also added. "It's not inevitable they will leave. I feel they will be here next season."

"You always worry," he conceded. "I feel if we can keep all the players we've got now and with one, two, maybe three, additions we can be a very good squad."

"You don't know what happens. I had good squads before, in Germany, and then they sold Vincent Kompany, Nigel de Jong and Rafael van der Vaart in a couple of months."

"It's not about one or two players but, of course, you worry because you want to keep your best players," Jol said.

These two players have pulled the strings for Fulham all season and Jol is adamant that he wants to keep hold of his best players in order to take the club even further. With a top 10 finish on the cards, it has been what can be described as another strong season from the South-West London club.

Martin Jol returns to White Hart Lane on Sunday with Fulham to take on Tottenham for the last game of the season, in which a win could see Fulham finish 7th in the league (depending on whether Everton and Liverpool lose)-with that totally their best ever finish in the league and what could be their highest ever points tally for one season.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/2012/05/15/no-approach-for-fulham-duo/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=no-approach-for-fulham-duo

WhiteJC

Captain's Reflections

Danny Murphy looks back on another memorable campaign for Fulham Football Club after captaining his side to ninth in the Barclays Premier League, accumulating an impressive 52 points in the process.

Danny Murphy - Season Review

We've done very well this season, that's the way I'd describe it. Over the last four years we've been in the top 10 three times, and the only year we weren't we were a couple of places below because of the Europa League run. So to maintain that level of consistency and to continue progressing our style and the way we've played as well has been a really, really great achievement by the lads.

We started the season reasonably slowly I think, for whatever reason – whether it was the amount of games with the Europa League as well – but we don't seem to start seasons particularly well. We always seem to come good in the second part of the campaign though, and that happened again this season.

Of course there have been some highlights and some low points, like any season. But overall, especially at home, the level of performance has been really good and the only real area of improvement that we need to make, and we have done for years, like most teams in the Premier League, is our away form. But even that really, with the amount of points we've picked up on the road, has been OK – it's been more about the level of performance on the road that's not lived up to maybe what we expected it to be.

Overall I'm thoroughly pleased with the season and the emergence of players such as Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic is also very encouraging. Pavel Pogrebnyak came in halfway through the season after Bobby [Zamora] left and hit the ground running and made a big difference for us.

So there have been some new additions for us if you like in bringing the youngsters through and there has been a nice blend and a nice mix and I think the future's bright in that respect. There are a lot of lads in their first season here that maybe haven't played as many games as they would have liked - people like [Pajtim] Kasami and [Marcel] Gecov - who have learnt a lot this year and got used to what it's about and I think they'll come strong next year.

I think the fans and everybody involved with the Club can be more than happy with the season we've had. The Manager's got us playing attractive football whilst maintaining a good level of points and a good position in the table.

Read more from Danny on Wednesday exclusively on fulhamfc.com as the Fulham skipper talks about his highlights of the season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/CaptainsReflections.aspx?#ixzz1v05iUyff

WhiteJC

Fulham scout watches young striker

Fulham sent a scout to watch Slovenian champions Maribor on Saturday amid speculation they made a £1m bid for Etien Velikonja.

Reports in Slovenia claim Fulham had a representative at the top of the table clash between Maribor and Olimpia at the weekend, which Maribor won 3-2 courtesy of two goals from Velikonja.

The 23-year-old forward, who has only been capped once by Slovenia, was the subject of a £1m offer from an unnamed club recently.

Velikonja has scored 15 goals in 20 league starts for Maribor this season, including 11 in his last 12 league appearances - plus four in his last two games in the cup.

He played in both of Maribor's UEFA Europa League ties against Birmingham City this season which may be how he came to Fulham's attention.

Velikonja, naturally left-footed, has been viewed as one of the best talents to emerge from the country for a while and was top scorer in Slovenia's top flight when he was at Gorica, aged 20.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-scout-watches-young-striker-1429555.html?

WhiteJC

Narsingh: I did not visit Fulham
It was reported that the Netherlands Under-21 international had popped up at the English outfit's ground and training facilities with team-mate Oussama Assaidi earlier in May

Heerenveen's Luciano Narsingh has played down reports linking him with Fulham but admitted that he is looking to put himself in the shop window in this summer's European Championship.

It has been claimed that the 21-year-old winger travelled to Craven Cottage last week with team-mate Oussama Assaidi for a guided tour of the Premier League club's ground and training facilities.

However, Narsingh, who has previously expressed his desire to join Ajax this summer, explained that his recent trip to London was purely recreational.

"I read that story, but it's not true," the Netherlands Under-21 international told Goal.com. "I was with my wife and my daughter for a holiday in London.

"I currently have no preference for a club. I will see what suits me best but the Euros would be a good platform on which to show what I can do. Every club would see you in action.

"I can say that I would like to stay in this league [Eredivisie], but if there is a real big club interested, then maybe that will change."

Narsingh has been included in his country's provisional panel for Euro 2012 and will discover on Tuesday evening if he has made Bert van Marwijk's reduced squad of 27 players.

"I'm not someone who says I should be taken, but it would be great," the attacker admitted.

"It would be a dream to play against countries such as Portugal and Germany. But I'm already very proud that I'm here.

"It is an honour to play for the Dutch team. I wanted to shine during this training camp and show what I have in my locker.

"Training went well, but I am always very critical of myself. I am not easily satisfied.

"We will see tonight if I have done enough. The choice lies with the coach. But regardless, this has been a great experience for me."

Narsingh is coming off the back of a fine season with Heerenveen, having scored eight goals in the Eredivisie and racked up 20 assists.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/15/3104833/narsingh-i-did-not-visit-fulham?

WhiteJC

Fulham ponder Russian rescue

Fulham are understood to be considering a move to team Andriy Arshavin up with Pavel Pogrebnyak again next season.
The Arsenal forward is on loan at Zenit St Petersburg, the club where he grew up and made a name for himself as a foil for Russian teammate Pogrebnyak.

The 30-year-old forward is unsure whether he will return to the Gunners next season, and will instead delay discussions on his future until after Euro 2012 as he prepares to captain his country at the finals.

Reports in Russia claim Fulham are looking into a deal to reunite Pogrebnyak with Arshavin but the wage package to lure him across London could be a huge sticking point.

Martin Jol is on the lookout for a schemer to play in behind Pogrebnyak next term and there will surely be cheaper options available.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/Fulham/Fulham-ponder-Russian-rescue-1429592.html?#.T7MiDo6_wds

WhiteJC

Schwarzer`s on Target

Mark Schwarzer`s aim to hang on in there until after the next World Cup, on the international front, is still on target.

Australia have named their squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers, against Japan and Oman and the name of Mark Schwarzer features very prominently.

It looks like Mark will, providing Australia qualify, realize his ambition.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282428#ixzz1v06jl25j

WhiteJC

Joint Fourth Out of Twenty?

What`s he on about you might very well question with a headline like that?

Well it`s quite simple really, I`ve latched onto a statistic in one of the leading tabloids that puts Craven Cottage 4th in a list of Premier League grounds on which the most Premier League goals were scored last season.

Apparently, 62 goals were scored at Craven Cottage which equates to more than 3 a game, certainly providing the entertainment for the faithful.

As to who finished above us in the table, well take a look for yourselves,

• Old Trafford - 71
• The Etched Stadium - 67
• Stamford Bridge - 65
• Molineux - 62
• Craven Cottage - 62

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282429#ixzz1v06wxUEl

WhiteJC

The season by the numbers

So, just how did Fulham finish ninth, their first ever back-to-back top 10 finish in the top flight?

Chances were, if we were winning at half, we'd win the game. And if we were losing, we had a better chance than most at getting something out of the match. And that's not all:

Never lost a single match when winning at half (10-1-0)
Conceded just 4 goals in the second half when winning; one behind leaders Stoke City
Finished 2nd overall in total points gained when losing at halftime with 8
Finished 18th overall in total points gained when drawing at halftime with 13
Tied with United overall for least amount of points dropped with just 6
Yet, somehow, conceded 17 goals in the final 15 minutes, more than in 2007-08
How did our home record stack up with our away record?

Had 7th best home record, behind every team that's going to Europe
Nipped Stoke City for *not* having the least away goals scored in the entire Football League.
Swansea City was the only team in the bottom 10 that defeated us at home
Liverpool was the only team in the top 10 we beat on the road
Beat Arsenal, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, and Wigan all by 2-1 at home
Anything else cool that may have helped?

Didn't have a single red card all season
Spurs' win on Sunday meant they won the London Derbies Cup, though we conceded the least amount of goals
Clint Dempsey set a whole bunch of records. And then some.
Got any other stats worth mentioning?

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/the-season-by-the-numbers/?

WhiteJC

Fulham linked to Arsenal misfit

Fulham are understood to be considering a move to team Andriy Arshavin up with Pavel Pogrebnyak again next season.

The Arsenal forward is on loan at Zenit St Petersburg, the club where he grew up and made a name for himself as a foil for Russian teammate Pogrebnyak.

The 30-year-old forward is unsure whether he will return to the Gunners next season, and will instead delay discussions on his future until after Euro 2012 as he prepares to captain his country at the finals.

Reports in Russia claim Fulham are looking into a deal to reunite Pogrebnyak with Arshavin but the wage package to lure him across London could be a huge sticking point.

Martin Jol is on the lookout for a schemer to play in behind Pogrebnyak next term and there will surely be cheaper options available.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-linked-to-arsenal-misfit-1429592.html?

WhiteJC

Lewington poised to quit Fulham & join England full-time in four-year deal
Hodgson has invited his former Craven Cottage No.2 to join his backroom staff on a permanent contract and an agreement is expected to be reached in the near future

Ray Lewington is poised to quit Fulham and become the third permanent member of England's coaching team on a four-year contract, Goal.com can reveal.

The Football Association announced on May 4 that Lewington had been appointed Roy Hodgson's No.2 for Euro 2012 on a short-term contract.

Sources have told Goal.com that new England manager Hodgson has told the FA he now wants Lewington to join him on a full-time basis and a deal running until 2016 is expected to be offered in the near future.

The governing body revealed on Monday that Gary Neville had signed a four-year contract to be part of Hodgson's coaching team, although the former Manchester United player will continue his punditry duties with Sky Sports.

The FA have treaded more carefully in the case of Lewington because of the sensibilities involved in him still being employed by a Premier League club.

The respected Fulham head of coaching, who was Hodgson's No.2 during his three-year spell as manager at Craven Cottage, initially agreed to work with England for this summer, with a view to extending it to England's World Cup campaign if successful. It was agreed that the FA would pay his Fulham salary and a compensation sum for his services.

Goal.com has learned that further talks have taken place in recent days about Lewington permanently leaving Fulham, who he re-joined in 2005 after spells as manager at Watford and Brentford.

Hodgson wants his right-hand man to have the same length contract as himself and Neville, and sources expect the FA to come to an arrangement with Fulham shortly for Lewington to come on board.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/16/3106067/lewington-poised-to-quit-fulham-join-england-full-time-in?#

WhiteJC

Captain's Highlights

Concluding his review of our 2011/12 campaign, Fulham Captain Danny Murphy looks back at the highs and lows of the season just gone.

Danny Murphy - Key Moments

In terms of highlights of the season I think you've got to look at the good wins we had against Arsenal at home and Liverpool at home and away.

Liverpool away was an historic evening really in many ways because it was the first time that we'd won there so we were very proud of that achievement and, of course, personally it was nice as well.

Also there were the two draws against our local rivals Chelsea. Of course you'd always want to win those games but to get two credible draws and actually give them a hell of a good game both times was maybe something that we haven't done before. And there have been other good performances along the way against a variety of teams.

I suppose the disappointment would be going out of Europe early, but it's a catch-22 really because if we'd have stayed in who's to say our Premier League form would have risen to the heights that it did in the second half of the season.

It's a difficult one but it was disappointing going out in the Group Stages when we felt reasonably comfortable throughout that campaign but what's done is done, as they say.

Of course there were one or two bad results; when Manchester United beat us at home and we had a bad day against Swansea, and there have been one or two disappointments on the road such as away at Blackburn when they had 10 men and managed to beat us.

But I think the good points and the good games and the enjoyable games far outweigh the bad and that's the reason I think the fans and everybody involved with the Club would be happy with another terrific season.

I think with the type of teams we're competing with in the Premier League and the budgets that we're up against and the size of the squads that we're up against now, to finish in the top 10 is, as I've said many times, a terrific achievement. I don't think that should be brushed under the carpet – we really should be proud of it.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/SkippersHighlights.aspx?#ixzz1v2igzgup

WhiteJC

Foundation Lottery Draw

The Foundation Lottery Draw: Week 25

This week's lucky numbers are: 03 - 14 - 19 - 21

With no winner in this week's draw the cash prize will jackpot to £3,000.

Further information:

To find out further information on the Foundation Lottery and how you can join please visit www.fulhamfc.com/lottery.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/FoundationLotteryDraw2.aspx?#ixzz1v2jZef8C

WhiteJC

Fulham defender must wait for first-team chance - Jol

MATTHEW Briggs may have to go out on loan again next season because he is unlikely to dislodge John Arne Riise from the left-back berth, according to Fulham's boss.

Martin Jol sees the 21-year-old as a future international, but for now, does not expect him to force his way into the team and may consider giving him more experience elsewhere.

"We will talk about that in pre-season because Briggs, if you look at his talent and potential, could be an international, " said the Dutchman.

"But if John Arne Riise is playing like he is, then it could be a possibility for Briggs to go out on loan again to gain more experience."

Briggs featured prominently in the European games, but has not appeared for the Whites since the fateful 2-2 draw at home to Odense which ended Fulham's Europa League campaign.

The defender played five Championship games for Peterborough in February and March, but made only one league start for Fulham in the season just ended – at Newcastle way back in August.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/05/16/fulham-defender-must-wait-for-first-team-chance-jol-64767-30981178/?