News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


NFR: Its got to be said

Started by Peabody, May 19, 2012, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Agree with LeonFFC on this.  I was in Donetsk for probably the best defensive display I have ever seen FFC put in.  Did FFC play the more attractive attacking football than Shaktar over 2-legs?  Definitely not.  Also did Milan not do this to Barca in a recent Champions League final?

Play to your strengths to win.  Congratulations to Chelsea from me.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FFC73 on May 20, 2012, 10:06:07 AM
Agree with LeonFFC on this.  I was in Donetsk for probably the best defensive display I have ever seen FFC put in.  Did FFC play the more attractive attacking football than Shaktar over 2-legs?  Definitely not.  Also did Milan not do this to Barca in a recent Champions League final?

Play to your strengths to win.  Congratulations to Chelsea from me.
Yep Shaktar was a terrific performance, as was the Filths last night, but on both occaisions neither of us deserved to win, though obviously i'm glad we did.

Peabody

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 20, 2012, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: Peabody on May 20, 2012, 09:24:58 AM
Quote from: SG on May 20, 2012, 06:53:12 AM
Re: NFR: Its got to be said - Oh no it hasn't.
No way that I would watch that game with WGDTFC playing. Worst possible outcome in my view.


Yes it does need to be said, it's called sportsmanship. What did you critics expect of them? They were playing in a very hostile environment, two thirds of the crowd were home supporters, of course they were going to play defence more than attack. Some of you say that Bayern did'nt scvore well Chelsea did and AT THE END OF THE DAY, THAT IS WHAT WINS FOOTBALL MATCHES.
Yeah but they still didn't deserve to win.


Matter of opinion Fred


ScalleysDad

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 20, 2012, 07:42:31 AM
this from twitter...

Following their CL win, Chelsea fans have signed a 1 year extension to remain at the club.

They had been strongly linked to Man City.


Very good, and so quick. If you don't mind I'll use this later today.

MOR :

Quote from: SG on May 20, 2012, 06:53:12 AM
Re: NFR: Its got to be said - Oh no it hasn't.
No way that I would watch that game with WGDTFC playing. Worst possible outcome in my view.

Well said SG...I don't watch them (apart from when we play them), don't read about them if I can help it...Only found out this morning that they had one...now this summer you will see loads of new Filth shirts everywhere...

I'm going to have to bite my lip a lot...
      

Blingo

So who is going to go with Fat Freddie's Cat to see the Cup at 4pm at Fulham Broadway???

I think that everyone that can go should go, after all, when are you ever going to see that cup in real life again?

Monstrous achievement by RDM and you have to take your hat off to him.


Jack Fulham

Quote from: leonffc on May 20, 2012, 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:28:19 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:26:00 PM
Good result for Chelsea, bad result for football.
Nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting there win but they played very anti football, just sat back the majority of the game. This will only encourage other teams to adopt a similar approach which I think is negative for the game.

You must have been devastated when we beat Shatkar Donetsk over two legs!!

Haha, that's a fair point. With shakhtar though, it was more of a case of us not being to get the ball most the game. I completely understand why Chelsea did what they did but yeah I hate it when teams park the bus as the fans want to see good football, not anti football. Anyone remember our 1 nil defeat to Hull at the Cottage a few years back when manucho scored in the last minute? That is the sort of thing that annoys me.

jarv

I was supporting bayern all the way but as stated, hats off tto them in the end. Schweinsteiger, of all people :dft004: to miss.

Peabody

I dunno, is this a generation thing? To me, a real oldie, I just think it right and proper to congratulate someone when they achieve something and to my way of thinking, Chelsea did do just that. As has been stated, when we got to Hamburg, they (Chelsea Fans) were generous in their praise for us and I know for a fact that quite a lot were routing for us in the Final. It just seems right and proper to me, to be just as magnaminous in what was a terrific acheivment.


CorkedHat

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London so
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I think of her wherever I go

I get a funny feeling inside of me
When walking up and down
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London Town

Has anyone got Alan Mullery's version of this?

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Peabody

I think Billy Cotton has CH!

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us


Blingo


FatFreddysCat

Just tried to find the Mcvicar version on youtube but not there  :035: . "well show these Northern maggots"

cebu

Quote from: sipwell on May 19, 2012, 11:38:00 PM
I am glad I did not watch the game. Based on the statistics, Bayern constantly in attack and Chelsea constantly defending. Apparently the days in which a willingness to play football have gone. Just build a trench, place 10 men in front of the goalkeeper and sit still for 90 minutes.

There is absolutely nothing new about "parking the bus" - the likes of Inter Milan did it very successfully in the 1960s and of course Bayern Munich had great success with it in the 1970s. It's up to the attacking team not to willfully squander the multitude of chances created. It's no different ,say, than The Netherlands squandering a hat full of chances in 1974 against West Germany. What's the expression - you snooze, you lose!


finnster01

Unfortunately I fall into the camp who does not get any pleasure watching Chelsea anywhere, but I am with Mr Peabody to say they really out-coached and out-played a much better Bayern side to the point they didn't want to take penalties. They should be happy John "banana-skin" Terry was suspended though.

Matteo should be their next permanent manager, but his name is not big enough for the Russian.

Do I care, absolutely not.

COYW!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead