watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A missed opportunity? ... Kind of NFR

Started by EJL, May 24, 2012, 02:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

After seeing Skacel play in the Scottish Cup Final on the weekend it reminded me of how he made the wrong move after his first spell with Hearts. The more I see him play, the more I realise how similar he is to a certain Clint Dempsey. For example:

- Both not the quickest
- Both share similar shooting habits. Always willing to have a go from 25 yards +
- Both are very similar in their positioning, in that they always find that pocket of space between the midfield & defence.
- Both like to be first to any rebound that comes their way.
- Both have a say in the majority of their teams goals assist-wise.
- And they're both prolific goal scoring midfielders, usually coming from wide positions to get their goals.

It made me wonder if perhaps a lower Premier League team, such as ourselves at the time, could have made a move for him after Hearts won the Scottish Cup back in 06? I think he could have been fantastic premier league player, had he not had that period at Southampton which stalled his career completely (ended up being played at LB due to the sale of Bale to Spurs), and he could well have been the type of player that eventually would be linked with moves to the Arsenals and Tottenhams, like Dempsey once again.