more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barton gets 12 match ban

Started by epsomraver, May 23, 2012, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Riversider on May 23, 2012, 09:50:18 PM
Barton picks up £12 million if they sack him or £80k a week until the end of October, whilest not playing if they dont, seems the only winner out of this is Joey Barton !

I would hope that, with his history, his contract contained a "behavior clause." If it did, the club could confiscate his wages for the matches missed or even terminate his contract without compensation.

If QPR didn't contain something like this clause, they're a bunch of friggin' idiots, and they could leave themselves open to legal action if there's any physical repercussions with the players he attacked.

A loathesome excuse for a human being.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Oiseau on May 23, 2012, 08:50:06 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that if Barton got banned for twelve matches, Suarez's ban was far, far too short. I don't understand how racial abuse (something which the FA is trying to stamp out and so needed to set a precedent) gets a lesser sentence than violent conduct...?

Four games of that ban is for being sent off twice in one season
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Logicalman

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that if Barton got banned for twelve matches, Suarez's ban was far, far too short. I don't understand how racial abuse (something which the FA is trying to stamp out and so needed to set a precedent) gets a lesser sentence than violent conduct...?

Well, I've never seen someones career cut short because he was racially abused, but I have due to dirty play.
Not demeaning the racial issue at all, but just putting things into perspective as to long term personal (potential) damage.

Suarez was dealt with correctly I believe, and the same for Barton, just as long as the FA are consistent in their decision-making then this season has seen some very good trending in discipline. Now, if they were to ban Pulis for 38 matches that would be another step forward.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Logicalman on May 24, 2012, 10:40:05 AM
Now, if they were to ban Pulis for 38 matches that would be another step forward.

But that would leave him free to work the season after next.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2012, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: Riversider on May 23, 2012, 09:50:18 PM
Barton picks up £12 million if they sack him or £80k a week until the end of October, whilest not playing if they dont, seems the only winner out of this is Joey Barton !

I would hope that, with his history, his contract contained a "behavior clause." If it did, the club could confiscate his wages for the matches missed or even terminate his contract without compensation.

If QPR didn't contain something like this clause, they're a bunch of friggin' idiots, and they could leave themselves open to legal action if there's any physical repercussions with the players he attacked.

A loathesome excuse for a human being.

I'd quite like to see Barton sacked, AND see QPR receive a massive bill which could put them in even more financial dire straits.  yee-haw!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Oiseau

Quote from: Logicalman on May 24, 2012, 10:40:05 AM

Well, I've never seen someones career cut short because he was racially abused, but I have due to dirty play.
Not demeaning the racial issue at all, but just putting things into perspective as to long term personal (potential) damage.

Suarez was dealt with correctly I believe, and the same for Barton, just as long as the FA are consistent in their decision-making then this season has seen some very good trending in discipline. Now, if they were to ban Pulis for 38 matches that would be another step forward.

'I've never seen someones career cut short because he was racially abused'

Zola Matumona - left his club following racist remarks from his club's chairman.
Júlio César - threatened to leave Dortmund following racist remarks.
Caleb Francis - severely abused in his debut match for Kongsvinger IL. 'The abuse halted and nearly broke his career'
Serge Branco - refused to play against Zenit for fear of racial abuse
Roberto Carlos - subjected to racist taunts which has effected his play...
Dalian Atkinson - left La Liga, he identified racist abuse as being the reason why he left his Spanish club.
Samuel Eto'o - threatened to stop playing following racist abuse in Spain.
Steve Mokone - left England following a racist comment from his manager.
I can't be bothered to keep researching this, haha! I know they're only a few cases but it's still significant, isn't it?

I agree that Barton's violent conduct was unacceptable but it makes you wonder whether eight games was too short? I didn't know that four of the matches were for the two red cards, though. That probably makes more sense.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Keefy on May 23, 2012, 08:34:33 PM
All men deserve a second chance and a measure of campassion. As I said, all men, so I guess that counts Barton out. In my opinion he got off lightly. He should have been charged with common assault, with the emphasis on common. To call him a moron would be wrong, but he clearly has a serious mental problem.

Sorry to destroy any street cred you may have Keefy but I agree with you. There comes a time when for the safety of the players Barton plays against and for the player himself, he should be helped. The first step would be to stop him playing football and put him in a secure unit where he can receive the help and medication he clearly needs. Just because he is a millionaire footballer shouldn't blind us from the fact this man is ill. Show some compassion and for all our sakes. Let's not have to see him on a football field again.

By the way I have just head butted a bloke, dead legged another ,shouted threats at a few other people, all in my line of work. Odd then that my punishment is instant dismissal and a word or two with the law. Why is Barton any different?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Oiseau

Quote from: LordNelson on May 24, 2012, 06:18:51 PM
Who are the 36??????  http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=14092.15

Surely, you have changed your mind!  fp.gif

I actually think he isn't a bad footballer. Aaaaah, I know that it's a really unpopular opinion but if he hadn't been such an idiot when he was younger, he could have been a great. He isn't quite as good as he thinks he is but technically he's still rather good. The only trouble is that with that skill comes a whole lot of baggage. I believe that Barton's a reformed character but he still has an unacceptable temper.

cmg

Quote from: Oiseau on May 24, 2012, 07:42:58 PM

I actually think he isn't a bad footballer.

...'was' would, perhaps, be more accurate, but yes. In the same way that Sweeney Todd would give you quite a decent haircut.

8 years would be too little for this geezer.

But QPR deserve no sympathy either, they knew exactly what they were getting, they brought the game into disrepute the moment they offered him a contract (at the same time significantly diminishing the amenity of the city in which I live).

I note that Guangzhou Evergrande are in the throes of a recruiting frenzy at the moment. Perhaps a free transfer to the People's Republic would be in order. The advantages:

a) they have an alternative method of dealing with characters like Barton there.

b) its 6000 miles away from where I live and thus an even better bet than Newcastle.

HatterDon

once his game has slipped below top-flight level, it'll just be a matter of time before he's in prison. And, with no real investment in him anymore, he'll do real time. This is a sick sociopath we're talking about.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel