more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why have england been training at man city

Started by fulhamben, May 25, 2012, 09:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

do they not have their own traing facilities any more
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Not sure that they have ever had their own training facility.
Often used to use Lilleshall, but that is a National Sports Centre and I don't think it caters for football anymore.

The FA's facility at Burton has been lurching forward intermittently since the turn of the century and will be ready for use...er, sometime.

fulhamben

finnster01

Maybe because Manchester has direct flights to Norway?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Because they want to start to think like champions!

(does that win me important England points??)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: sipwell on May 25, 2012, 10:31:03 PM

So you're now re-positioning yourself ahead of the mayo-dippers visit to the home of football, then?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

cmg

Quote from: fulhamben on May 25, 2012, 10:27:19 PM
bisham abbey?

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about that place. Same sort of set up as Lilleshall, it seems. Owned by Sports England and used for athletics training.
You can get married there, it seems - although I think you have to bring your own lady.

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: cmg on May 25, 2012, 10:36:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 25, 2012, 10:27:19 PM
bisham abbey?

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about that place. Same sort of set up as Lilleshall, it seems. Owned by Sports England and used for athletics training.
You can get married there, it seems - although I think you have to bring your own lady.

or someone elses, if you're John Terry.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

sipwell

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on May 25, 2012, 10:35:06 PM
Quote from: sipwell on May 25, 2012, 10:31:03 PM

So you're now re-positioning yourself ahead of the mayo-dippers visit to the home of football, then?

Nah, we'll win that game hands down. I do want England to win the trophy though. Just because you are all such lovely people!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

General

To be honest a lot of my thoughts on Hodgsons tactics go towards having a winning mentality within the squad, and I feel this is backed up by the fact that he's gone predominantly for Liverpool/Chelsea and Man City players for the bulk of his squad and he's training them at City where there's a big group of them and where the title was won. I also think it's a lot closer to where most of the squad live.

It makes his job somewhat easier that he has so many winners to pick from - it's a lot easy to manipulate and manage as a manager - "look I got this group together because you're winners, the majority of you have won something this season and I see no reason why you can't go far this summer, you've proven it at club level, now it's time to finally show people what we as a country can do internationally" - something like that.

simples.

RidgeRider

Quote from: General on May 26, 2012, 12:55:31 AM
To be honest a lot of my thoughts on Hodgsons tactics go towards having a winning mentality within the squad, and I feel this is backed up by the fact that he's gone predominantly for Liverpool/Chelsea and Man City players for the bulk of his squad and he's training them at City where there's a big group of them and where the title was won. I also think it's a lot closer to where most of the squad live.

It makes his job somewhat easier that he has so many winners to pick from - it's a lot easy to manipulate and manage as a manager - "look I got this group together because you're winners, the majority of you have won something this season and I see no reason why you can't go far this summer, you've proven it at club level, now it's time to finally show people what we as a country can do internationally" - something like that.

simples.

This makes a lot of sense. However he arrived at this, you know Hodgson thought it through.

VicHalomsLovechild

cmg

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 26, 2012, 02:41:05 AM

This makes a lot of sense. However he arrived at this, you know Hodgson thought it through.

You bet.
In fact I believe that the imminent (hopefully "this year") opening of the Burton facility (St.George's Park) and the suitability of Hodgson to control matters there, had some part to play in the FA's decision.

Oiseau

The FA are currently building their own mega-facility called St. George's Park. It looks incredible, actually. Wonder if they were training in Manchester because either Wembley/the Wembley facilities are occupied or because they want to address the 'national football has become too south-orientated' arguments? I think they might have also wanted to link up with the England ladies who were also at Man City that day.

"St. George"

fulhamben

Quote from: Oiseau on May 26, 2012, 11:49:10 AM
The FA are currently building their own mega-facility called St. George's Park. It looks incredible, actually. Wonder if they were training in Manchester because either Wembley/the Wembley facilities are occupied or because they want to address the 'national football has become too south-orientated' arguments? I think they might have also wanted to link up with the England ladies who were also at Man City that day.

"St. George"
wow this looks good. maybe we wont hear about frances awesome clair fontain anymore. and i get what your saying but if wembley facilities are unavailable for the england national team then something is very very wrong. and yes i know the play offs are on today

finnster01

Quote from: Oiseau on May 26, 2012, 11:49:10 AM

"St. George"

If the England ladies were all there, that explains why John Terry isn't playing against Norway
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cmg

Quote from: fulhamben on May 26, 2012, 11:58:36 AM

wow this looks good. maybe we wont hear about frances awesome clair fontain anymore.

Well, I sure hope so. But the fact is that, since opening Clairefontaine, the French have won the world Cup and the European Championship. And the Academy there (the kids selected go there at 13) has produced, among others, the likes of: Anelka,  Gallas, Henry and Saha. So we are giving the oppo a bit of a head start on this one.