watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you could re-live one game?

Started by SP, June 04, 2012, 09:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Discount the classic victories, what about the lesser victories over the years?  Here are my top three games I'd love to turn the clock back for:

1) Oxford away, League Cup 1980 something, won about 2-4;
2) Blue sh*te away, 1970 something, 0-2 Beck & Davies;
3) Carlisle away 1975 FA Cup.

Anymore?

Maidstone Lee

Hamburg second leg, what a night!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

EJL

Lighthouse

The Best and Marsh circus at home to Hereford. The game was magical and fun. Many games had the tension and skill but that was just fun. Fun wasn't the feeling I left the ground with in those days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

In the sunshine at Cambridge United, FFC supporters took over the ground, won 1-0 & already promoted but missed the title on goals scored due to our Jimmy Hills rule change. Somehow it defines Fulhamish to me and after all the years on a downward spiral it really did not matter because we were at the end of a fantastic season

Blingo

ffc73

I suppose we need to define 'classic' because i read that the thread was intending for us to discount the Juve, Hamburg, Blackburn away etc & find less obvious but memorable wins

Scrumpy

Quote from: FFC73 on June 04, 2012, 11:47:12 PM
I suppose we need to define 'classic' because i read that the thread was intending for us to discount the Juve, Hamburg, Blackburn away etc & find less obvious but memorable wins

Yeah, I think that's what the original poster meant.

Basle away in the Europa. I've never been so happy to pay £7 a pint :beer:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

fulham traveller

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The last time we did the double over QPR .................. remember the game  ????
Saha  scored from a penalty
and Lee Clark scored the second.
Just Knew we were going up !!!

But also the same season  at Blackburn ......................... Graham Souness giving it large

Rufuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus got sent off
down to ten men ........Friedel dropped the ball and Saha pounced and then Number 23 scored 

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I loved Saha and all of that team

cebu

It's the home matches against Juventus and Hamburg for me.

tommy

I can't remember what year it was in the 90's but we where in league one (90's equivalent) and had a grat run in the FA Cup. We knocked out a couple prem teams (Liverpool and villa??) before eventually getting knocked out by man utd. Keegan was in charge and I remember at the time being in the stadium on a Wednesday night thinking big things are happening here. I'd love to go back to that.

RidgeRider

primarily cause I was there....Arsenal at home when we came from 2-1 down to score two in the final 10 minutes of play wo win. The place was rocking.  scarf

Snibbo

Final match of the Great Escape, Portsmouth away.

CorkedHat

A game we had to win to stay in the top division. Fulham fans took over the ground. A truly memorable match.
Northampton Town 2 - 4 Fulham 23rd April 1966
Mind you one of our goals was so offside that it was risible, but suck it in baby, because that's football. scarf
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GoldCoastWhite

Simon Morgan's last game at The Cottage. Standing ovation when he came on, cheers every time he touched the ball (or took a throw in) and then awarded MOM for his contribution. Fulhamish !  scarf

Blingo

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 05, 2012, 02:01:51 AM
primarily cause I was there....Arsenal at home when we came from 2-1 down to score two in the final 10 minutes of play wo win. The place was rocking.  scarf

That's the Blingo/Ridge Rider Effect lol lol lol.

Maidstone Al

Our promotion winning game against Lincoln , great atmosphere , full of tension .
Portsmouth away coming back from 4-0 down to draw.
The semi final replay with Mitchell's goal seconds from the end taking us to Wembley.

sunburywhite

Northampton Town 2 - 4 Fulham 23rd April 1966

Was that the game Haynes put Stevie Earle away to run half the length of the pitch for our third (?) goal?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 04, 2012, 11:14:01 PM
The Best and Marsh circus at home to Hereford. The game was magical and fun. Many games had the tension and skill but that was just fun. Fun wasn't the feeling I left the ground with in those days.

+1 Beamer.   :clap_hands:   I was at that game and the feeling was wonderful.  What entertainment.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.