watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Murphy Released

Started by MurphLegend, June 05, 2012, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurphLegend

the club has yet to make an official statement, but various sports agencies are reporting danny murphy has been released on a free. i simply refuse to believe it, seeing as he was in contract negotiations not less than a month ago, and has repeatedly stated his desire to come aboard as a coach at some point. doubt creeps into my mind tho , as it is a well known fact martin jol does not rate murph.

rhyspabsolom

He's on holiday.
Contract talks will resume when he's back.

It's just idiot journalists not understanding the Premier League retained list, thinking that every player at the end of their contract has to leave.

Nothing to worry about yet.

White Noise

Not sure he doesn't rate him -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/16/2849962/martin-jol-insists-fulham-should-be-proud-and-grateful-to

Martin Jol insists Fulham should be 'proud and grateful' to have captain Danny Murphy

The Dutchman may have sold the midfielder to the west London club when in charge of Spurs, but insists the 34-year-old is an integral part of his side at Craven Cottage

16 Jan 2012 14:45:00 

By Alex Richards

Martin Jol has reserved special praise for the integral role being played at Craven Cottage by Fulham skipper Danny Murphy.

The playmaker arrived at Fulham from former club Tottenham in 2007, when Jol was in charge at White Hart Lane, and questions had been raised as to whether the duo could maintain a strong relationship upon the Dutchamn's return to Premier League management this season.

However, Murphy has retained the captaincy with the west London side following Jol's arrival, and the ex-Ajax boss has since hailed the 34-year-old as a "brave footballer."

"Danny is a link up player from the back and he never hides," Jol told the club's official website.

"He's always available and that is what I love about him. He's a brave footballer. Even when he's under pressure he will demand the ball.

"Link up play and keeping the ball is so important and with a player like Danny you've always got the guarantee that you will play football.

"I feel that we should be very proud of Danny. I remember watching a few years ago when he scored that goal against Portsmouth to keep Fulham in the Premier League. He's very grateful that he plays here and we should be very grateful that he's here."

Murphy has been an ever-present for Fulham so far this campaign, and having seen Paul Scholes come out of retirement for Manchester United recently, Jol is sure the former Charlton man has a few more good years ahead of him.

"It depends in his own mindset," continued Jol. "If he wants to play he will play. I've had the experience with players that sometimes they will last six months and sometimes they will last another couple of years."

White Noise

Fulham skipper good for at least another season - Jol

By Yann Tear

Mar 2 2012 

MARTIN Jol believes skipper Danny Murphy has at least one more year of football in him for Fulham.

The midfielder, in the twilight of his career at 34, has told the Whites' boss that he feels healthy enough to carry on and is in talks over another contract.

"He told me a couple of days ago that every year, it's the same," Jol said.

"Every year they will tell him that maybe he won't play next season and every year he has been playing again.

"I think he's fit. His test are very good and maybe can play another year.

"We are talking to several players and Danny is one of those – along with Andy Johnson."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2012/03/02/fulham-skipper-good-for-at-least-another-season-jol-64767-30447565/#ixzz1o05Nptrr

White Noise

Fulham evolution could return Danny Murphy to the good old days

Golden oldie: Danny Murphy

Danny Murphy could be forgiven if his love of the game was on the wane. After all, at 35 the Fulham captain knows he is in the twilight of a highly successful playing career and that new challenges await as a coach or as an insightful media pundit.

But, leaning on a pitchside advertising hoarding at Craven Cottage, Murphy momentarily savoured the atmosphere inside his home for nearly five seasons and his eyes lit up, revealing enthusiasm still fired by the prospect of midfield battles like the one with which he will engage tonight back at his old stamping ground of Anfield.

As a Red, Murphy played on the winning sides in the 2001 FA Cup and UEFA Cup Finals — and two years later in the League Cup Final — when Liverpool's midfield also purred with Steven Gerrard, Dietmar Hamann, Gary McAllister and Vladimir Smicer.

Can he sample those great days again? Murphy certainly seems to think so, surrounded as he is by the talents of Clint Dempsey, Mousa Dembele, and Mahamadou Diarra, who this season has added his trophy and title-winning experience with Lyon and Real Madrid to the Fulham mix.

"I'm really enjoying it," Murphy said. "It's a pleasure, playing with these quality players."

It was all so different when the former England international moved across London from Tottenham in the summer of 2007 and discovered that Fulham, under Lawrie Sanchez, played a long-ball game that effectively relegated the midfield to the role of neck-craning spectators.

Roy Hodgson gradually put a stop to that and Fulham's midfield style has continued to evolve under Martin Jol.

Murphy said: "We've mixed it up a bit this season but we've been a much steadier three in the middle and it's given us greater flexibility with people rotating positions a bit more.

"The important thing, when you play that way, is defensively getting your shape back when you've been attacking. It's always that fine balance between showing creativity and good attacking play, but not getting done the other way.

"We've been working hard to make sure the team have still got good shape playing with that flexibility, with people filling in for each other."

Pound for point in the Premier League, Jol's mini-revolution at The Cottage has been far more cost effective than that of Kenny Dalglish, whose summer outlay of £56million was £43m more than the Dutchman's. Fulham trail Liverpool by only three points and a win for them tonight could go a long way towards them finishing above their hosts in the final table.

Liverpool have excelled in cup competitions this season, having already won the Carling Cup and with the FA Cup Final to come this weekend, but Murphy is more than happy where he is.

He said: "Playing with people like Mousa and Clint and Diarra is a joy. Mousa? Sometimes I give him the ball then stand back and watch — and forget to go and help him.

"That's because watching him is so pleasing on the eye. He glides past people. When his end product gets that little bit better he's going to be a superb player, he's got a fantastic future.

"Diarra has come in and steadied the ship. He is an experienced boy, keeps the ball well, gives us a nice balance. And you've got Clint, who we've all raved about. He's probably enjoyed the best season any Fulham player has had in ages."

Murphy, who is close to being rewarded with an extension to his contract that expires in the summer, went on: "The whole squad now is probably as good as it's been since I've been here. You can take three or four players out, put three or four in, and not worry any more. That is a credit to the hierarchy and to the players."

As strong as the squad Hodgson took all the way to the Europa League Final in 2010?

"We've different types of players now," Murphy said. "But those players who were here back then have also progressed.

"Brede Hangeland has got better each season. He's calmer. Aaron Hughes doesn't seem to age, and for me Mark Schwarzer has been the best goalkeeper in the Premier League over the past 10 years."

And what about Murphy? He remains a commanding presence when wearing the skipper's armband and, although he has lost a yard or two of pace, his ability to thread a pass through a forest of opposition legs to the prolific Dempsey or Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak remains as effective as ever.

His consistency has been remarkable, too. Murphy said: "Someone gave me some statistics recently which show I've missed 12, maybe 15 games in nearly five years. I think, for most older players, you can keep your fitness levels better by playing continually.

"Of course, it's nice to get your little breathers in the last 10 or 20 minutes of a game when you've got subs who can come on and make a difference. The gaffer has been good about that, in terms of giving me little breathers. Not that I'm always happy about it.

"But as you get older, it is better to keep playing. When you get too many rests, or days off, you start feeling old and stiff."

Old and stiff? Not Murphy. Not Yet.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-evolution-could-return-danny-murphy-to-the-good-old-days-7703606.html

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/244263/Just-no-stopping-Fulham-s-Danny-Murphy/

JUST NO STOPPING FULHAM'S DANNY MURPHY

5th April 2012

By Mike McGrath

FULHAM skipper Danny Murphy insists he wants to carry on playing for at least another season.

The 35-year-old is out of contract in the summer at Craven Cottage but does not want to retire.

The former Liverpool midfielder said: "Every time I go out there, I ­enjoy it more and more.

"As long as the legs keep taking me, I'll keep playing.

"I feel ok at the moment. It's nice to have the odd breather now and then, but I love playing. I'm enjoying it more than ever."

Murphy is targeting a top-10 Premier League finish this season after climbing away from the ­relegation zone since Christmas.

Fulham face Bolton at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday before two home games. Murphy added: "We've got tough games coming up, especially on the road. But we have some games at home we feel we can win.

"So, top 10 would be a great ­achievement in many ways.

"We are still a long way behind a lot of clubs in terms of budget and our squad.

"But we are confident we can finish in that position because we've done it two out of the last three seasons. To do it again shows progress."

White Noise

Fulham boss hopeful over duo

By Jacob Murtagh

Apr 5 2012

MARTIN Jol is still hopeful that Andy Johnson and skipper Danny Murphy will commit their future to Fulham.

The duo are in the final few months of their contracts at Craven Cottage, and could walk away for nothing in the summer.

Johnson, who is currently sidelined with a thigh problem, has stalled on signing a new deal at the club after months of negotiations.

"It's a decision for him to make," said boss Jol. "The offer is on the table and hopefully he will accept it.

"He gives us something different. It's something we will look at in the next couple of weeks."

Murphy has also failed to sign the one-year extension on the table, but Jol is keen to keep the 35-year-old at club.

He added: "We talked to him and made him an offer. We are late already so it's a gamble, but I don't think there will be clubs offering millions for my older players."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/04/05/fulham-boss-hopeful-over-duo-82029-30704338/#ixzz1wtvUoU5F

White Noise

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/paul-scholes-and-ryan-giggs-arent-as-good-as-my-golden-oldie-7585719.html

Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs aren't as good as my golden oldie

Shining bright: Danny Murphy has enjoyed a fine season at Fulham where he still provides plenty of vision and drive from their midfield

Steve Cording

26 March 2012

Much has been made about the impact of Paul Scholes since his return to Manchester United's ranks from retirement in January. His contribution has been pretty special. He has played in all but two of the 14 matches since his substitute appearance in the FA Cup at Manchester City, started eight games and scored twice as United have amassed 25 out of 27 points in the Premier League.

But the 37-year-old is not my "Old Player of the Year". Neither is his team-mate Ryan Giggs, 38. No, if such a thing existed — and the number of veteran players now in the top flight means that it probably should — my Old Player of the Year would be Danny Murphy.

After turning 35 last week, and he probably won't thank me for saying it, Murphy is now officially classed as a veteran. Anyone who has seen "vets" football on the local park will know that it generally involves rotund men who can no longer run more than 20 yards either side of the halfway line. Some still have the footballing brain of old but the body just can't keep up.

Time may also be catching up with Murphy but yet where would Fulham be without his vision and drive from the heart of midfield? His campaign started way back at the end of June in the Europa League against NSI Runavik and 40 appearances later he is still fit and ready to face Scholes, Giggs and United at Old Trafford tonight.

He has missed just two starts in 29 League games this season and missed only one League game last.

It is consistency and longevity that should now be rewarded with a new contract. Murphy's current deal runs out in the summer and if United can offer Giggs and, almost certainly, Scholes one-year deals, surely the Craven Cottage captain deserves two.

Talks are believed to have started with Murphy, who will become a free agent come May. The sticking point may be the length of deal that is on offer, even though Fulham manager Martin Jol is desperate to keep his captain at Craven Cottage.

It is his fifth year at Fulham, the fourth as skipper. He has definitely lost some pace but is still fit enough to compete at the highest level and has also shown remarkable powers of recovery from the nasty eye injury he suffered from a stray elbow at Aston Villa two weeks ago.

He started last Saturday's game with Swansea on the bench and the team struggled without him going down 3-0 at home.

"I like to think I've got a bit more to give," Murphy said recently. "My desire is as strong as ever. I suppose when

that starts to fade then that's the moment to call it a day but at present I'm aiming to keep going for as long as possible."

The Chester-born player, who spent seven seasons at Anfield, is taking his coaching badges but has also shown that he is more than capable as a television pundit and his forthright opinions on bad tackling hit the headlines two years ago when he was a speaker at the Leaders in Football Conference.

He may decide that is the route he wants to follow once he does stop playing. I hope he doesn't. I met him after Fulham beat Blackpool 3-0 last season; I was just an ordinary fan with a nine- year-old nephew in tow, who was desperate for an autograph and a chat. Young Thomas got both as

Murphy went out of his way to talk to as many of those supporters present as he could. He still has a lot to offer football and it should not be from a sofa.

He has certainly offered a lot at Old Trafford. Three times in four seasons before he left Liverpool, Murphy scored the winning goal in 1-0 wins at the Theatre of Dreams.

Murphy is likely to sit out this evening as Jol persists with new signing Mahamadou Diarra and the exciting Mousa Dembele, even though he has an enviable scoring record at Old Trafford and makes Fulham a different proposition when he is in the side.

White Noise

Captain's Pride

Tuesday 13th March 2012

Now in his fifth season at Craven Cottage, and his fourth as skipper, Danny Murphy continues to play an integral role.

In the centre of the pitch, the midfielder with a blazing imagination is a consistent force and driving influence. Spinning a web of passes, he directs play, coaxes opposing players out of position and finds team-mates with pinpoint precision.

A favourite amongst fans young and old, in years to come he will surely be remembered as one of the Club's great Captains.

"That would mean a lot to me actually," responds Danny to the suggestion. "It's a subject that I don't feel too comfortable discussing though, because I still feel that I have more to give – the chapter isn't at an end just yet.

"It's difficult to analyse when you're still involved, but in years to come I'm sure I'll appreciate it in greater detail. But I love wearing the armband and it's something that I'm very proud of."

While he admits that he might not get around the pitch in the manner he once did, for a player who turns 35 on Sunday, his physical exertion is undeniably impressive.

At the time of writing he has missed just one of our 28 League fixtures, having also featured in 13 or our 17 European and domestic cup matches. On top of that, he was absent for just one League game last season.

Despite some 45 matches already ticked off for the Whites this term, Fulham's midfield catalyst maintains its spark.

"Obviously I'm not 21 anymore, but I still feel pretty good," he discloses. "I haven't missed too many matches in the past two seasons, and they have come on the back of that long season in Europe – considering I'm supposed to be an oldie, that isn't too bad.

"I like to keep in good shape, and that's as important as it ever has been for me, especially if I am to keep the same standards. I like to look at my performance stats too and do go over them in great detail with our analysis department.

"I want to know whether I'm getting on the ball enough, or if I'm making key passes and assists. With the technology we have now the game can be broken down very easily. Of course, stats can be manipulated, but certain areas are pretty set and they can serve as a good marker as to how you are performing.

"I know there are times when I give the ball away, and believe me, I do share the fans' frustration when that happens, but when you get on the ball as much as I do sometimes that can't be helped – it's going to happen.

"Overall though, my passing accuracy is certainly up there. I like to compare my stats to players like Yaya Touré, Michael Carrick, Scott Parker and Mikel Arteta, and more often than not I'm there or thereabouts, which is very pleasing."

To read more of Danny's insightful feature interview, as well as much more, including: Martin Jol's desire to instil a new football culture at the Club, new boy Pavel Pogrebnyak answering questions from fans, plus interviews with Mark Schwarzer, Simon Davies and chart-topping Fulham fan Felix White from The Maccabees, plus lots, lots more besides, be sure to pick up your copy of Issue 37 of Fultime magazine which is free to Season Ticket Holders and Members, and available to buy from the Club store or online.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/March/CaptainsPride.aspx#ixzz1wtxLuwYF

White Noise

Peak Performance

Monday 1st August 2011

Fulham Captain Danny Murphy is looking forward to another season of top-flight action as the start of the Barclays Premier League campaign draws ever closer.

The 34-year-old midfielder could register his 150th Fulham appearance this season and, as he told fulhamfc.com, his physical condition is better than ever.

"Last year I missed one game and all of my physical stats were better than the year before – so there wasn't a decrease, there was an increase in my physical output," Murphy explained. "That could be for many reasons but maybe it's because I'm feeling fitter and I'm still able to do the physical aspect of the game – which is what you're fighting with when you get older.

"In terms of my ability, I'm fine with that. It's going to be, as the years go on, about the physical demands of the games – especially this year if we do qualify for the group stages [of the Europa League].

"The main factor for me is when you're playing week-in, week-out you're going to get fitter than when you don't play. Any player will tell you, whether you're 21 or 31, if you're playing games and training hard, your fitness will go up.

"In an ideal world, from now, I'd like to do another two seasons - that would be realistic. Then I'd have to reassess, that's as far as I can look. You see a few players getting to that level, a great inspiration for me was Gary McAllister, I think he was 35 or 36 when he was at Liverpool and was a huge factor in winning the treble.

"I think the way I play helps me have longevity because I'm not someone who goes mad running around the pitch. I also have to give the lads credit over the last couple of years; the lads I've got around have an unbelievable work ethic – the likes of Clint, Dickson, Simon Davies, Duffer. They are unbelievable lads to have about and they don't half make it easier for us."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/August/MurphyFitness.aspx#ixzz1wu0IpvBj

White Noise

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=86

How do you solve a problem like Danny Murphy?

Posted on October 14, 2011 by zzamora

A problem? There is no problem...

I have read many a comment dismissing Danny as "old","losing it","not the player he used to be" but by far the most common complaint seems to be that our Captain Fantastic is "losing/has lost his legs". Well doubters, look no further. Danny Murphy is very much the player he "used to be" and he definitely has NOT lost his legs.

Lets have a look at Danny's passing range against QPR- 52 successful passes and just 9 that were misdirected... but its more the direction of the passing that I'm looking at here. For a 34 year old to be bossing that central midfield area with a delightful selection of passing to the left flank as well as a few tasty balls to the right that is the sign of a player who is not on his last legs. As for that assist....it has Danny Murphy written all over it. Quick thinking and sublime execution is the sign that Murphy still has a few more years as our Captain Fantastic.

"One match!" I hear you cry at your computer screen. Oh no. I'm not done yet.

It gets better. For a man who's "lost his legs" this chalkboard will suggest otherwise. This would look good if the Mighty Whites were playing at home...but this is for an away match! I don't think we've bossed the midfield at an away match for this long. Murphy stuck a big metaphorical middle finger to all doubters with this scintillating passing performance.A grand total of 80 successful passes, Danny displayed his ever green selection of passing, with some brilliant passing to both flanks this time, as well forming a good "one-two" relationship with Sidwell in the middle whilst deciding to use both Dembele's and Dempsey channel movement with a number of well placed passes forward.  He even played as a kind of sweeper in front of the back 4 on this occasion, with no stray passes back to the Thames barrier, allowing the impressive Kasami to whip forward more often.

"But both of these are against weak opposition!"...I'm not finished yet.

This is against Manchester City,that money power house of the north who seem to buy a player to simply prevent him playing for someone else.... anyway, to end with my moaning. We're focusing on Papa Smurph's excellence here. So, faced with the possibly the strongest midfield to ever grace Craven Cottage,Mr Murphy decides to do what he does best, and show them that some English brains can do just as much as Continental trickery can. He spotted Man City's weak point (Yaya Toure's lack of closing down/lack of interception ability) and exploited it, with a number of balls through the center, the vast majority of which were successful. But this is where it gets better- he noticed Man City playing a high line, and decided to play a number of balls over the top. Top Work Danny. Not only content with exploiting both of these weaknesses he once again bossed that center circle area, controlling it with a number of short passes of which NONE were unsuccessful. And people claim he's too old...

There is no way that we can abandon Danny Murphy yet. He still carries a sublime, sometimes magical array of passing coupled with a astute tactical brain that is capable of not only reacting quickly to a situation but also adjusting the playing style to counteract the oppositions tactics. He's our Captain Fantastic, the man who has lead the team to the top, the man who scored that goal to keep us up on that fateful day in 2008. Papa Smurph may be outspoken at times but he has a fiery passion that has not been lost in these past few seasons- and he's a main focal point for the team to play off.

If there is one thing we can't do, it's get rid of Danny Murphy.

White Noise

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/adam-murphy-was-my-toughest

Adam: Murphy was my toughest

5th Dec 2011 -

Charlie Adam will tonight do battle with the midfielder who provided his sternest test during his sparkling season with Blackpool.

Fulham captain Danny Murphy will line up against his former club at Craven Cottage and our No.26 is expecting a tough night as the Reds look to make it 12 games unbeaten.

Speaking at one of the club's Equality 4 All coaching sessions, where he held a Q&A with young aspiring footballers, Adam told Liverpoolfc.tv: "People still rate Danny quite highly at this club and that's because he is a top player.

"Danny is a very, very good player and the two games I played against him for Blackpool last season were probably the two most difficult games I had."

London has been fairly kind to Kenny Dalglish's charges so far with away successes at Chelsea (twice) and Arsenal.

Adam is hoping the Reds can continue their good form on the road and three points at Craven Cottage would see them equal a proud club record of seven successive victories away from home in all competitions.

"Wherever you go in this league away from home you know it's going to be difficult, but if we can go to the capital and pick up points like we have been doing then that's important," said the Scottish international.

"We have done very well against Arsenal and Chelsea twice, so hopefully we can do that again against Fulham.

"Our performance against Manchester City, which we should have won, and Chelsea in midweek showed we are heading in the right direction.

"It will be an open game. Fulham have got a good manager and a good team but if we can perform like the lads did towards the end of last season, then we are confident we can get the right result and that is a victory."

Last season Maxi Rodriguez stole the headlines with a hat-trick against the Cottagers - his second in succession.

Adam is backing the Argentine ace to find the net again.

"We were talking about that with Maxi the other day and he's scored 10 goals in his last nine starts which is fantastic," he said.

"We'd take another hat-trick from the wee man on Monday if he's selected, which would be nice. As long as he doesn't do that dance again though like he did at Chelsea we'll be happy!"

Adam also gave his reaction to the Carling Cup draw which saw the Reds paired with Manchester City in a two-legged semi-final.

"They are going to be two special matches," he said. "The good thing for us is the second leg is at home and already I think that game is going to be like a Champions League night at Anfield.

"As soon as the draw was made I felt that game at Anfield was going to be like the atmosphere at a Champions League game. It will be terrific and hopefully we can do well in the first leg to make that happen.

"Manchester City are a top team. They have been the best so far and that's why they are top of the league, but it's over two legs. It's going to be difficult but at Anfield last week I thought we more than matched them, and at times played some terrific football and should have won the game.

"Even at Chelsea on Tuesday night we had over 3,000 fans down in London supporting us, and coming so soon after the City game that showed why this club is one of the very best in the world.

"Hopefully we can reward them with the right performances and right results over the two legs."

sipwell

You made your point, WN. And I am glad for it!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

Murphy is slower and makes more mistakes than he used to. Is caught in possession too often and is getting on. However he still adds far more than he takes away and there are no players who could replace him with ease yet. We are better with Murphy in the side.

Besides I like to moan when he does make mistakes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

Murphy is still one of our best players, which is remarkable given the talent we now have.

As he gets older he'll be a slower and deeper, but he easily has another season in him. Probably the best creator we have in the team.

White Noise

Last season Murphy made more passes than any other Fulham player and was one of the top passers in the country. He was top 10 in the country in terms of chances created and way ahead of anyone else at Fulham. And he was second only to Dembele, the top tackler in the country, in terms of tackes made at Fulham.

Second only to Dempsey in the Actim index last season -

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html?paramSearchTerm=&paramClubId=55&paramSeason=2011-2012&paramPosition=&paramItemsPerPage=100&xparamItemsPerPage=100&pageIndex=1&paramSelectedPageIndex=&paramSearchType=EA_SPORTS

He was second to Dempsey in terms of Prem assists at Fulham with 5 to Dempsey's 6.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/4942862/Fulham-Football-Club-Statistics.html

Tonywa

It's extraordinary. Season after season I read people hereabouts saying that Dany is past it and should be left out of the team, but year after year he keeps on producing the goods. One has only to look at our performances over the last few years when he has been missing from the line-up to realise how much he means to the team.  Let's just be thankful we have him and hope that his light continues to shine for a few more years yet.

HatterDon

The fact is that Danny is the ONE player we have who can completely revitalize a lacklustre performance with a brilliant pass. Nobody has better vision; nobody has better accuracy; nobody leads better.

You don't look for a replacement for a man like Murphy; you just hope that the stars line up correctly again so you can find another player 10 or 15 years down the road that approximates his quality.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Walsh

His wife posted on twitter that it was a false alarm, I am pretty sure he is staying he is just on holiday at the moment.

rusty shackleford

His wife loves a bit of twitter doesnt she....