more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pog cannot agree terms

Started by Mr_Moon, June 05, 2012, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Moon

Sports.ru in English ‏@sportsruenglish
Football: Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak admits he cannot agree terms with #Fulham at this stage, but wants to stay in the #EPL #FFC

Blingo

The operative words there are "At this stage"

MJG

he cannot agree terms with #Fulham at this stage...(Because) I'm busy getting ready for the Euro's.

Mr_Moon

It shows that at least we are negotiating with players. Maybe Murphy will follow along soon (when he's back from holiday).

Bassey the warrior

We'll see what happens there. If he doesn't sign for us right now hopefully he won't see any action at the Euros. If he doesn't come here we'll find someone else. I'm not worried, though it would be a shame if we didn't get him given we'd only have to pay for his wages. Would allow more money to be spent elsewhere.

sipwell

Quote from: Mr_Moon on June 05, 2012, 08:33:14 PM
It shows that at least we are negotiating with players. Maybe Murphy will follow along soon (when he's back from holiday).

I always wonder whether it goes a bit like this

*Danny's phone rings*
"Hey Danny, sorry to disturb you on your holiday. I am just calling to say that we have sent a new version of the contract to your lawyer. Everything we agreed on is in there."
"All right mate. Cheers. I'll sign it when I come back."
"That's great. Having a lot of sun over there?"
"You bet. Got to go mate, the young one wants to swim."
"All right. I'll hear it when you're back."
"Cheerio"
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Walsh

it wouldn't surprise me if Pogrebnyak wasn't with us at the start of the season, I wouldn't be too fussed unless we don't find another striker.

Oiseau

It's worrying that we haven't signed him up before he goes off to the Euro's. There's always the possibility that he'll do incredibly well and his price will sky rocket. I don't really mind if he does (although I've enjoyed having him as a part of the side) only as long as we find (like Walsh said) a decent replacement.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Oiseau on June 05, 2012, 09:07:38 PM
It's worrying that we haven't signed him up before he goes off to the Euro's. There's always the possibility that he'll do incredibly well and his price will sky rocket. I don't really mind if he does (although I've enjoyed having him as a part of the side) only as long as we find (like Walsh said) a decent replacement.

I think his agent is probably recommending that he delays his decision. If he has a great tournament, then he can get a better contract (either from us, or from another Club). It's a shame, and we can only hope that he has a stinker! I believe he is generally on the bench for Russia, so here's hoping.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

To be honest i get fed up with all this gamesmen ship from agents and players. I know it's how things are done nowadays but it gets me down
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 05, 2012, 10:01:15 PM

I think his agent is probably recommending that he delays his decision. If he has a great tournament, then he can get a better contract (either from us, or from another Club). It's a shame, and we can only hope that he has a stinker! I believe he is generally on the bench for Russia, so here's hoping.
He's 3rd choice and they play with only one striker. So bar injuries he shouldn't see too much action.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: The Moose on June 05, 2012, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on June 05, 2012, 10:01:15 PM

He's 3rd choice and they play with only one striker. So bar injuries he shouldn't see too much action.

Well....Super Pav is carrying a thigh injury, they are waiting on news about it tomorrow so he could be further up the pecking order (albeit not starting as you said).

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Exactly, Pog has done enough good things to make us feel pleased if he signed. But he has been unable to make any impact in others (not always down to him). So we need forwards but Pog may well price himself out of the market for us. Although we will find after the Euros players willing to negotiate if they have a poor competition.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

What this says to me is that we are bot going to over pay for his services

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 05, 2012, 11:04:48 PM
What this says to me is that we are bot going to over pay for his services

Bor should we...

BalDrick

He's good but he's not that good - assume we have offered him a decent wage, if his pimp thinks he can get him more elsewhere, off you go then lad.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Andy_M

I like a few others think that he has been offered a deal that is probably comparable to what he was on but has been told wait till after the Euro's, so if he does have a brilliant Euro's he may get an offer of more money from a Champions League team, if not he still has the offer on the table from us.

To be honest even if he doesn't sign I trust Jol and our scouting network as I don't think we've really made a bad signing over the last couple of seasons, so I'm sure they will have a few people already scouted in mind if he doesn't sign.
@got_maile

Jack Fulham

Not too bothered if we get him or not, I have a feeling he wouldn't be first choice next season if we did.

TonyGilroy

This is why so many of the deals happen at the end of August.

The players won't take an offer in the hope that something better will turn up and clubs are reluctant to go too far down their wish list whilst their priority targets are still, in theory, available.

Patience needed. Our club is better run than most.